The Stinky Leper Comment

The Stinky Leper Comment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A couple of years back another regular forum poster made a comment about my wife that I was not happy about and called him out on. Shortly afterward he made a very simple but genuine apology which I Immediately accepted.
In 2018, several times, Romans1009 made some extremely nasty and prurient sexual comments about my wife and about me being not allowed to have any contact with my children etc. etc. Several times. Each time, the posts in question were deleted because someone alerted the mods.

Romans1009 did not apologize in any way whatsoever - never mind a simple and genuine apology - and even denied that he had made the posts ~ pointing to the fact that they were nowhere to be found. This kind of thing went on and on and on and on until he was banned from the site.

No fellow Christian criticized Romans1009 for this kind of posting, except for divegeester. There was a least one Christian who even thought that Romans1009 was the "best poster" on the Spirituality Forum.

Moves
25 Feb 19
2 edits

@philokalia said
You know, this is a place that is absolutely crawling with people accusing one another of the smallest of insults and whatever inappropriate behavior; everyone is relentlessly clawing at one another.
Yet, there really aren't that many direct insutls at all.
Oh yes there is and they are all vicious too, with nearly all of them coming from so called Christians. Here a list of some of the names I’ve been called by “Christians” in this forum:

Son of Satan (robbie carrobie)
Worse than Satan (Galveston75)
Diabolical (Startreader)
Morals of a lynch mob murderer (robbie carrobie)
Troll (Grampy Bobby)
Liar (Startreader)
Mocker (KellyJay)
Fool (KellyJay)
Evil (Startreader)
Criminalising people (Suzianne)
Character assassinator (Suzianne)
Systematic torturer (Startreader)
Actual sadist (Startreader)
Enemy of God (Josephw/SecondSon)
Christian basher (Josephw/SecondSon)
Pinhead (SecondSon/Josephw)
Fake Christian (SecondSon/Jospehw)
Hate-filled abuser (SecondSon/Josephw)
Moron (SecondSon/Josephw)
Underminer of other people's faith (Lemon Lime)
Monster (Lemon Lime)
Narcissist (Lemon Lime)
Deserving of burning in hell for eternity (RJHinds)
Blinded with pride (sonship)
Understanding nothing (sonship)
Diseased with questionings (sonship)
Always learning but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth. (Sonship)
Career opposers of servants of God (sonship)
Corrupted in mind(sonship)

There are loads of others, especially recently by SecondSon. Also I’m not including the filth Romans1009 spewed; your favourite poster here.

Jacob, you lack the intelligence, discernment and insight to see what’s going on in this forum at times.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Feb 19

@divegeester said
Oh yes there is and they are all vicious too, with nearly all of them coming from so called Christians. Here a list of some of the names I’ve been called by “Christians” in this forum:

Son of Satan (robbie carrobie)
Worse than Satan (Galveston75)
Diabolical (Startreader)
Morals of a lynch mob murderer (robbie carrobie)
Troll (Grampy Bobby)
Liar (Startreader) ...[text shortened]... b, you lack the intelligence, discernment and insight to see what’s going on in this forum at times.
I am surprised that I am not in the list somehow.

It's a fun list considering some of these people I've never seen post before. This goes way back.

Can I make a list with this on it?

"lack the intelligence, discernment and insight to see" (Dive)

I wouldn't do that, though.

That comes off as not good for yourself or others.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said

It's a fun list considering some of these people I've never seen post before. This goes way back.

What's interesting is that the stupid raw personal insults are Christian v Christian and Christian v Atheist, but not Atheist v Christian.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
Maybe he actually has explained it as such and hasn't asked for forgiveness to the extent you wish because you read too far into his intentions and it was never meant to be a gross insult to you, but was just, as he called it, a crude comparison.

That would explain it.

But it'd also require you to be charitable towards him and your view of his intentions.

And t ...[text shortened]... ould be very useful for this forum and would be the act of someone with a broad heart and mind, IMO.
But you said, 'One of the areas Christianity is extreme is the area of forgiveness. We believe it surpasses justice in a way.'

That being the case, why, In this sad episode, was it an atheist who offered forgiveness and a Christian who never sought it?

Answers on a postcard please.

Moves
25 Feb 19
2 edits

@philokalia said

I’m not saying that I don’t insult people, I do. I’ve called posters cowards, pricks, idiots on occasions. I would not call what I said to you in my post above an “insult”, it’s just the truth, that facts. Like when I call you a racist. That’s a fact not an insult.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Feb 19

@fmf said
What's interesting is that the stupid raw personal insults are Christian v Christian and Christian v Atheist, but not Atheist v Christian.
I wouldn't know. I don't keep score of that and I see some pretty mean memes out of the atheists here and there.

But on this forum, sure, I don't know. Could be the case.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Feb 19

@divegeester said
I’m not saying that I don’t insult people, I do. I’ve called posters cowards, pricks, idiots on occasions. I would not call what I said to you in my post above an “insult”, it’s just the truth, that facts. Like when I call you a racist. That’s a fact not an insult.
Maybe he's being completely honest and it was not meant in that way.

But idk.

I also think the highest form of forgiveness is unconditional.

Not meant as an insult.

I would even say.... Just like conditional love, conditional forgiveness may be wrong.

And that is kind of radical.

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
I wouldn't know. I don't keep score of that and I see some pretty mean memes out of the atheists here and there.

I think that your racist attitudes are far far worse than any petty name calling. Attitudes drive our behaviour, names calling is just emotion driven spite.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
I didn't say "memes" though, did I? I see what you did there. I said "raw personal insults". What's interesting is that the stupid raw personal insults are Christian v Christian and Christian v Atheist, but not Atheist v Christian. I take it "mean memes" refers to robust differences in beliefs on a debate forum. It is not synonymous with "raw personal insults".

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
You thought the creepy Romans1009 was the "best poster" here. The "best". You have no credibility here as a self-appointed ombudsman.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Feb 19

@fmf said
I didn't say "memes" though, did I? I see what you did there. I said "raw personal insults". What's interesting is that the stupid raw personal insults are Christian v Christian and Christian v Atheist, but not Atheist v Christian. I take it "mean memes" refers to robust differences in beliefs on a debate forum. It is not synonymous with "raw personal insults".
I was actually referring to internet culture in general and that should be clear by how I said subsequently that I don't know about this forum, though

But it appears that moments after making the insults thing you called me stupid (basically) in another thread?

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
I was actually referring to internet culture in general and that should be clear by how I said subsequently that I don't know about this forum, though

But it appears that moments after making the insults thing you called me stupid (basically) in another thread?
No, I haven't called you "stupid". You are mistaken.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Answers on a postcard please.
This was a good one I got from a Christian a couple of days ago:

I know you have a lack of belief.

Some hogs have a lack of belief too.
Some swine have a lack of belief too.
Some dogs have a lack of belief also.

We understand.

I suppose it's true in a sense. A Zoologist would maybe concur.

I love that "we" at the end.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But you said, 'One of the areas Christianity is extreme is the area of forgiveness. We believe it surpasses justice in a way.'

That being the case, why, In this sad episode, was it an atheist who offered forgiveness and a Christian who never sought it?
sonship loves his Bible-backed insults, the humanism is "animal excrement" and "spreading germs" stuff. And I note he's now got his Bible-backed cop-out from forgiveness or tolerance: Romans 12:18. He's just started brandishing it. He must have recently come across it.