The Stinky Leper Comment

The Stinky Leper Comment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Feb 19

@fmf said
No, I haven't called you "stupid". You are mistaken.
You said that

with the content being perhaps a little bit too clever for you.

Meaning I'm not intelligent enough to understand the content.

So, do you either think of yourself as possessing exceptional intelligence and I am below that, or that I am rather dim?

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
You said that

with the content being perhaps a little bit too clever for you.

So, do you either think of yourself as possessing exceptional intelligence and I am below that, or that I am rather dim?
I didn't call you "stupid". I didn't call you "dumb".

I note that you have commented on, or alluded to, my intelligence maybe 40-50 times in the last year or so, including some angry chip-on-your-shoulder comments about my supposed lack of intelligence, and a few times some stuff about me having "some literal cognitive disorder" etc. etc. and me not being as "deep" as you was a riff you settled on for a few weeks at one point.

It's always come across as a bit odd. And there has been some talk behind your back about what it means.

I take it that "intelligence" is a subject that you are sensitive about.

But I didn't call you "stupid" and I didn't call you "dumb" and I haven't tried to attribute your posting style to a "literal cognitive disorder" or anything like that.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
You ignored it and ploughed on as if you hadn't read it, when, in fact, you had. Maybe it just went over your head.

S. Korea

Moves
25 Feb 19

So then you resort to a series of statements along the lines of

but you do it, too!

That's right. I've done it. And it wasn't good.

And it's not good to imply that I am not clever and I am dim.

You have gotten yourself on a very high horse and spent the last days roasting Sonship about his rude comments that he tried to clarify as being a mere analogy...

Yet, here you are ready to throw off your own snide comments implyign another poster is dumb.

It'd be a better use of all of our time if we never discussed this sort of thing, IMO.

And... you can see that this has been my point since well before you made the rude comment to me that you just made.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
And it's not good to imply that I am not clever and I am dim.
I haven't. You seem sensitive and have been throwing the words "dim" and "dumb" and "stupid" into the conversation. These are your words. I seem to have touched a nerve.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
You have gotten yourself on a very high horse and spent the last days roasting Sonship about his rude comments that he tried to clarify as being a mere analogy... Yet, here you are ready to throw off your own snide comments implyign another poster is dumb.

It'd be a better use of all of our time if we never discussed this sort of thing, IMO.

And... you can see that this has been my point since well before you made the rude comment to me that you just made.
I haven't said you are "dumb". And I haven't called anyone a stinky drunk leper or said anything remotely like that to anyone, ever. You say "he tried to clarify". By contrast, I can see he is dissembling. I've seen it before. I've known him for ten years or more. You have known him for about one, and I have no reason to believe you read more than about 5% of what he posts.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
you can see that this has been my point since well before you made the rude comment to me that you just made.
What "rude comment"?

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
So then you resort to a series of statements along the lines of
but you do it, too!
That's right. I've done it. And it wasn't good.
What "wasn't good"?

F

Moves
25 Feb 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
You have gotten yourself on a very high horse and spent the last days roasting Sonship about his rude comments that he tried to clarify as being a mere analogy.
I think it is sonship who has got himself "on a very high horse" with this thread. I think he mentioned a "leper" in his raw personal insult because it makes him sound like he's being Biblical. Like I said, this was intended as one of his vanity threads but I think it's been a dud.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Feb 19

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
You have gotten yourself on a very high horse and spent the last days roasting Sonship about his rude comments that he tried to clarify as being a mere analogy...

Yet, here you are ready to throw off your own snide comments implyign another poster is dumb.

And... you c ...[text shortened]... ee that this has been my point since well before you made the rude comment to me that you just made.
With respect, you need to stop perpetuating the myth that sonship created this thread to clarify his remarks as being mere analogy. His OP stated;

'I recall my remark about a fowl smelling diseased person was something along this line:

Some people here boast when someone does not continue to engage them in discussion. They often fancy that it is because of their great intellectual arguments and superior reasoning that suddenly exchanges have ceased coming.

What I said was an analogy. If people avoid someone coming down the street towards them, the avoided one may think it is because of his superior intellectual arguments.

What I said was maybe its not that but because you have germs of some contagious disease or the foul smell of alcohol on your breath. Someone took it real personally.'

The above is not a clarification, it is a lie. The insult was made to me directly. His language of it being made to people, or the claim that 'someone took it personally' is profoundly disingenuous. 'I' took it personally for the very good reason that it was meant and delivered personally. He 'directly' called me a stinky leper with bad body odor and breath. There was no deep meaning or analogy there. He posted out of pompous spite and did not seek the Christian forgiveness you say is more important, in a way, than justice. Knowing that he had deleted the post he hoped that (4 months on) he would be able to re-write what had occurred and present it as some misunderstood generalized analogy. Unfortunately he had forgotten that Dive had created a spin off thread at the time that captured the personal nature of his insult that had been read by a number of forum regulars (before its deletion).

It is sonship alone who can not move on from this and is too prideful to do so.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Feb 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

As I said to Sonship (now missing) in my first post here:

'I suspect you will come to regret creating this thread.'

S. Korea

Moves
25 Feb 19

There are some things people will just never agree on.

I'll not talk about these issues. What people do is up to them with it.

God bless, guys.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@philokalia said
There are some things people will just never agree on.

I'll not talk about these issues. What people do is up to them with it.

God bless, guys.
Thank you for offering to stop.

F

Moves
25 Feb 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Some people here boast when someone does not continue to engage them in discussion. They often fancy that it is because of their great intellectual arguments and superior reasoning that suddenly exchanges have ceased coming.
When I've got fed up in the past of Philokalia just blanking out my replies by not using "Quote" and then, in the subsequent post, ignoring the content of what I had posted [a bit dj2becker-like in fact], he'd sometimes attribute my loss of interest to how "deep" he and his posts were. It's similar to what you describe.