The Stinky Leper Comment

The Stinky Leper Comment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Feb 19
3 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You edited out the post not long after making it. Do you genuinely not recall making the apology to me directly?! You used the word 'probably' which I said made your apology empty.....No memory at all?

That sounds a little familiar. I don't know about your details.

I remembering editing posts. I do it a lot.
I remember sometimes removing posts.

That particular comment I do not remember removing.
I may have done some editing of it.

May I suggest that if some of you think my writing is over the top in being offensive here, why not launch your protest to the webmaster and have be banned?

That would solve the matter of an overly offensive Forum user.

F

Moves
21 Feb 19

sonship is apparently just going to brazen it out.

F

Moves
21 Feb 19
1 edit

@sonship said
May I suggest that if some of you think my writing is over the top in being offensive here, why not launch your protest to the webmaster and have be banned?
It's more interesting to simply witness your lack of integrity and wonder whether your vainglorious religiosity is the cause.

Read a book!

Moves
22 Feb 19

@sonship said

Would you like to be crucified first?

Moves
22 Feb 19
1 edit

@sonship said:

Nobody wants you reported to the “webmaster” (I presume you mean rhp site administraton) any more than they want to report you to a publisher for your plagiarism. Playing the “so sue me if I’m breaking the law” card every time your integrity comes under scrutiny just makes you look furtive and immature.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 19

@sonship said
When sonship recently laid a whole heap of petty insults in my direction, from Leper to person with alcohol on his breath, was that an example of 'him', as a Christian, walking the high path? And where were you then to challenge his insults? (And if your defence is that you didn't see them, how about for parity's sake, condemning them now? )

Correct me of ...[text shortened]... se unpleasant about you which is not so flattering."

Sorry if anyone got their feelings hurt.
Honestly, this sounds valid. Especially considering the level of conflict that can exist on the internet, this really isn't that bad.

And he has walked it back.

Thanks for the good post.

F

Moves
22 Feb 19

@bigdoggproblem said
Ever considered Anger Management courses?
Bingo.

Moves
22 Feb 19

@philokalia said
Honestly, this sounds valid. Especially considering the level of conflict that can exist on the internet, this really isn't that bad.

You sycophant like a pro

F

Moves
22 Feb 19

@philokalia said
Who has "walked" what "back"?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Feb 19

@philokalia said

Sonship writes, "Correct me if I am misrepresenting the matter," ...and then proceeds to blatantly misrepresent the matter.

And you think that is him 'walking it back?"

There was absolutely no need for him to create this thread, a thread fuelled by a dishonest attempt to mitigate what he had previously written (and apologized for).

I'm glad though that you liked his post and sonship's ability to deliver personal abuse and then have no recollection of it 4 months later.

F

Moves
22 Feb 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Philokalia was addressing sonship. He said to him: "And he has walked it back." I think Philokalia ~ with "he" ~ was referring to you.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Feb 19

@fmf said
Philokalia was addressing sonship. He said to him: "And he has walked it back." I think Philokalia ~ with "he" ~ was referring to you.
He would need to clarify that, as I didn't read it that way. (Sounded more like he was giving an overview of Sonship's post, rather than a reply to it).

Moves
22 Feb 19

Philokalia tends to slope off for a couple of days when in a pinch.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sonship writes, "Correct me if I am misrepresenting the matter," ...and then proceeds to blatantly misrepresent the matter.

There was absolutely no need for him to create this thread, a thread fuelled by a dishonest attempt to mitigate what he had previously written (and apologized for).

I'm glad though that you ...[text shortened]... and sonship's ability to deliver personal abuse and then have no recollection of it 4 months later.
You know what, Ghost of a Duke, I think you have integrity, and the fact that you accepted my apology on that in the other thread was great.

And after reading your good attitude on that...

I'll further clarify that one of the reasosn why I was supportive of this apology even though there were some non-apologetic aspects to it is because I kind of was just hoping that we could move on from this.

Sonship is very outnumbered here, right, and he is frequently pestered and attacked. You see that, right? So he is going to perhaps lash out more than others, and I woudl contend that this situation makes it so he actually has more reason to do so. He's a human just like us and going to lose his cool, right?

Maybe we should just try to accept this and move on.

Because certainly it is also true that you do not take it to heart what people say on the internet. And you can accept that he was a bit mad and upsetting. It's just what happens, right.

Let's all be honest here...

This subforum, I think, has a lot of screwed up issues with people needlign each other and not engaging in honest debate, and people always dredging up the past.

That is like 90% of the contnet it seems.

This could be a good forum... so let's try to move in that direction, I say, and stick to topics that are interesting and fun to discuss, and maybe we can learn something.

So, even if you think it isn't fully adequate, how about we all try to be the bigger folks and forgive each other and move on from this...

And, if not, we can at least ignore posters who we feel are being rude and pestering us.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Feb 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He would need to clarify that, as I didn't read it that way. (Sounded more like he was giving an overview of Sonship's post, rather than a reply to it).
Yeah, tat's right.