1. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 12:14
    @sonship said
    The analogy while crude, was a way of me saying -
    " Don't be so quick to assume your brilliance of intellect is why suddenly people are avoiding you. Maybe it is something else unpleasant about you which is not so flattering."

Sorry if anyone got their feelings hurt.
    That's walking it back, right.

It's showing that it was a crude anaology and the intention was not to insult.

Now... sure, you might think that his intention was to insult, but... I don't know. I mean, really, should we bury some guy because you doubt his intentions and are so upset by an analogy that was crude?

What do you actually want from Sonship? I am curious. What would make you happy?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 12:18
    @philokalia said
    That's walking it back, right.
    No, it's not. It's called dissembling.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 15:42
    @philokalia said
    You know what, Ghost of a Duke, I think you have integrity, and the fact that you accepted my apology on that in the other thread was great.

And after reading your good attitude on that...

I'll further clarify that one of the reasosn why I was supportive of this apology even though there were some non-apologetic aspects to it is because I kind of was just hoping th ...[text shortened]... .

And, if not, we can at least ignore posters who we feel are being rude and pestering us.
    A couple of years back another regular forum poster made a comment about my wife that I was not happy about and called him out on. Shortly afterward he made a very simple but genuine apology which I Immediately accepted. Since then we have engaged in a civil and friendly manner and never spoke of the incident again (until now).

I can honestly say that my response to sonship would have been exactly the same, if after calling me a leper with bad body odor and breath, he had simply offered a genuine apology. - Indeed I would have graciously accepted the apology and moved on for the very reasons you described, that sonship, like everyone else, is human and can lose their cool.

Sonship chose not to do that. Initially, he tried to front it out and only when Dive created a spin-off thread making him aware that other posters had read his comments did he submit his 'half-apology' (which basically had him say he 'probably' shouldn't have used the language he did).

And now here we are 4 months on with sonship creating an unnecessary thread to try and re-write what had occurred and make out that his insults were not made to me directly and were some kind of generalized analogy. They weren't, and this thread merely obliterates the half apology already tendered.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 01:03
    Wow, this comment is actually four months old?

Nobody let's anything die here.

I'm telling you, Ghost, for the forum to be good this stuff has to just be let go and we need a higher volume of on topic posts.

I'd like you to consider that.

I think you generally engage in that way, right.

So at least let's drop this topic and not let it come back as a theme again.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 02:00
    @philokalia said
    Lest we forget, it was sonship who started this thread. BigDoggProblem was right: sonship, if he wants to be the self-styled "teacher" he purports to be, should try a little anger management.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 02:11
    @philokalia said
    I'm telling you, Ghost, for the forum to be good this stuff has to just be let go and we need a higher volume of on topic posts.
    This is a bit rich coming from you. A peculiarly high volume ~ 75%-85%? ~ of your posts amount to nothing more than off-topic browbeating of other posters for not posting in a way you approve of.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 06:52
    @philokalia said
    When a poster sets themself up as being a spiritual/Christian teacher, who is becoming more like Jesus everyday as Jesus flows through him, and who is never wrong about anything (apparently) then yes, what that person says has a peculiar significant longevity.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 08:38
    @philokalia said

I'd like you to consider that.

I think you generally engage in that way, right.

So at least let's drop this topic and not let it come back as a theme again.
    Sonship created the thread. I repeat, Sonship created the thread. Ask 'him' why he didn't let it die rather than attempt to reincarnate it as a different animal.

Apologize and move on. It really is that simple. (I'd like you to consider that).
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 12:55
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Sonship created the thread. I repeat, Sonship created the thread. Ask 'him' why he didn't let it die rather than attempt to reincarnate it as a different animal.

Apologize and move on. It really is that simple. (I'd like you to consider that).
    Alright, sure, I get it.

I think that we should be more charitable to people who are especially routinely outnumbered and basically ganged up on.

And... moreover... it's just the internet.

Sometimes we all have to just accept that there are people that aggravate us posting in a place, and sometimes there is a some amount of insulting behavior.

You know, this is a place that is absolutely crawling with people accusing one another of the smallest of insults and whatever inappropriate behavior; everyone is relentlessly clawing at one another.

Yet, there really aren't that many direct insutls at all.

It's its own curse, really.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 14:35
    @Philokalia

With the exception of comments made about my family, nothing really offends me here. Sonship is a pretty harmless fellow and it's his comments that I respond to, not him as a person. So you won't find me posting about his body odor or the like, but will absolutely challenge him when he posts crassly about suicide or rape. And yes, many times he appears out-numbered in discussions, though this is invariably the case when extreme views are put into the public domain. I give no apology for that.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 20:55
    Alright.

I've always found it impressive when people forgive and typical when people do not forgive. But it's your choice because it's not something for me to forgive.

One of the areas Christianity is extreme is the area of forgiveness. We believe it surpasses justice in a way.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 21:38
    @philokalia said
    Alright.

I've always found it impressive when people forgive and typical when people do not forgive. But it's your choice because it's not something for me to forgive.

One of the areas Christianity is extreme is the area of forgiveness. We believe it surpasses justice in a way.
    Actually, I posted that I forgave him (for the insult) 4 months ago, even 'before' he tendered the half apology. The current issue has nothing to do with forgiveness. It has only to do with sonship creating this thread in a rather strange attempt to pretend the insult was generalized in nature, even though the evidence is still there to show that simply wasn't the case.

And yes, I often hear that Christian line about forgiveness, but unfortunately that is often not reflected in practice. Take this sad episode for example. If forgiveness had been important to Sonship as a Christian, why didn't he immediately seek it with a genuine apology rather than, at a later date, try and pretend the insult hadn't been made? I can only conclude pride is a powerful barrier to this Christian desire for forgiveness.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 21:40
    @Philokalia

The above post is a knock out blow. Stay down sir.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 22:52
    Maybe he actually has explained it as such and hasn't asked for forgiveness to the extent you wish because you read too far into his intentions and it was never meant to be a gross insult to you, but was just, as he called it, a crude comparison.

That would explain it.

But it'd also require you to be charitable towards him and your view of his intentions.

And that's what would be very useful for this forum and would be the act of someone with a broad heart and mind, IMO.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '19 01:101 edit
    @philokalia said
    Maybe he actually has explained it as such and hasn't asked for forgiveness to the extent you wish because you read too far into his intentions and it was never meant to be a gross insult to you, but was just, as he called it, a crude comparison.
    I think sonship used mention of a "leper" to try to land his visceral personal insult on Ghost of a Duke's chin because it sounded a bit Biblical. There are lepers in the Bible.

He tries to give many of his angry raw personal insults a Biblical basis or feel and there are lepers in the Bible.

He then recoils at being perceived - or called out - as sanctimonious, of course, what with his clinical, debilitating vanity and all.

To me, for what it's worth, it comes across as tawdry use of the Bible, There are, lest we forget, lepers in the Bible.

Biff! ...

'Smell the self-anointed Holy Man's Biblical glove Ghost of a Duke, you demon-possessed follower of Satan, you! You are like a leper... a smelly one ... and there are lepers in the Bible.'

One thing that has intrigued me about this latest lack-of-anger-management episode: why would sonship - a Christian - use the analogy of him crossing the road to avoid a leper? It seems oddly ~ even pointedly ~ unChristian.

It's a revealing glimpse of his talk-the-talk-only character perhaps.

As I said, he needs to do some anger management.

This was intended as one of his vanity threads but I think it's been a dud.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree