The top 10 benefits of atheism

The top 10 benefits of atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Feb 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
Wrong.
There are Christians that don't believe some or all of those. Of course you will just say 'but they are not True Christians, but then you are defining what 'Christian' means and not telling us what Christians believe.
Lol of course such Christians exist. In your imagination.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Feb 17

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Both. If I believe in a god, then I might go to church because of that believe. If I lack a belief in a god, I might not feel the need to go to church.

2 and 4.

Are you going to provide evidence at some point?
If you don't know what would or wouldn't suffice as evidence for God's existence, what would be the point of providing you with evidence?

Infidel

Moves
11 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
If you don't know what would or wouldn't suffice as evidence for God's existence, what would be the point of providing you with evidence?
I didn't say I didn't know. I said it's not for me to tell you what kind of evidence you should provide me with. It's up to you to decide what best piece(s) of evidence you have that you feel should make me a believer. If you have none, that's fine. I'll simply add you to a long list of theists who are unable to provide convincing evidence.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Feb 17

I didn't say I didn't know. I said it's not for me to tell you what kind of evidence you should provide me with. It's up to you to decide what best piece(s) of evidence you have that you feel should make me a believer. If you have none, that's fine. I'll simply add you to a long list of theists who are unable to provide convincing evidence.
You mean evidence that you have decided is not convincing or you don't find convincing. Obviously you are not the standard by which 'convincing' is measured. Theists obviously find it convincing.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Feb 17

Very shortly Fetchmyjunk will zing you with one his beliefs which he has assumed to be a univeral truth.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Very shortly Fetchmyjunk will zing you with one his beliefs which he has assumed to be a univeral truth.
And very shortly divegeester may ask whether it is always wrong to kill children.

Infidel

Moves
11 Feb 17

You mean evidence that you have decided is not convincing or you don't find convincing. Obviously you are not the standard by which 'convincing' is measured. Theists obviously find it convincing.
If I find evidence convincing I will say so. If it doesn't convince me I will also say so.

Obviously I am not some kind of "standard". I speak neither for all atheists nor all theists. I speak for myself.

Are you going to provide some evidence at some point?

Cape Town

Moves
11 Feb 17
2 edits

Lol of course such Christians exist. In your imagination.
It is not in my imagination that there are people who call themselves Christian who do not fit your criteria.
That you pretended that it was my imagination at play is just your own denial.

Here, read this and weep:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

...only 27% of Catholics in the Netherlands considered themselves theist,

Infidel

Moves
11 Feb 17

And very shortly divegeester may ask whether it is always wrong to kill children.
Generally speaking I think it's wrong to kill children. Exceptions may apply.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Feb 17

So your intention is to invent the evidence to meet his requirements?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Feb 17

If I find evidence convincing I will say so. If it doesn't convince me I will also say so.

Obviously I am not some kind of "standard". I speak neither for all atheists nor all theists. I speak for myself.

Are you going to provide some evidence at some point?
I believe only the existence of God can accurately explain my moral reality. Bear with me as I try to demonstrate to you why I think so.

Do any actions automatically have moral value, such as rape being wrong, or is the moral value assigned by people?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
It is not in my imagination that there are people who call themselves Christian who do not fit your criteria.
That you pretended that it was my imagination at play is just your own denial.

Here, read this and weep:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

...only 27% of Catholics in the Netherlands considered themselves theist,
If you are open to the existence of Christians that don't believe in God, are you also open to atheists who believe in God? 🙄

Infidel

Moves
11 Feb 17

I believe only the existence of God can accurately explain my moral reality. Bear with me as I try to demonstrate to you why I think so.

Do any actions automatically have moral value, such as rape being wrong, or is the moral value assigned by people?
Morals are assigned by people.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Feb 17

Morals are assigned by people.
If morals are assigned by people, do you have an objective standard of morality by which you can judge whether or not something is morally right or wrong?

Infidel

Moves
11 Feb 17

If morals are assigned by people, do you have an objective standard of morality by which you can judge whether or not something is morally right or wrong?
No, morals are subjective but may be shared by a large group of people.

Is this you working towards your best piece of evidence? I am totally intrigued.