1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, I was quite sincere.
    And yet it now seems that when you said "You're welcome and thank you. I regret the falling out we had (okay, I had) the other day" after saying "My bad. In future I shall double check what you have typed so that I do not make similar mistakes", in fact, you still felt hostile and wronged?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here in Indonesia Christians use the words Tuhan and Allah.
    So do ALL Indonesians.

Why are you focusing on the Indonesian Christians using this word?

Why do you fail to mention that ALL Indonesians use this word simply because Allah is the Indonesian word for God?

Nevermind. I know the answer to that.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:08
    So do ALL Indonesians.

Why are you focusing on the Indonesian Christians using this word?
    Because I was responding to sumydid's post.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet it now seems that when you said "You're welcome and thank you. I regret the falling out we had (okay, I had) the other day" after saying "My bad. In future I shall double check what you have typed so that I do not make similar mistakes", in fact, you still felt hostile and wronged?
    Because you not only failed to answer my direct questions, but then went on the attack on a completely tangential subject and continued to feed my confusion and my frustration. But I also said I won't be playing along again.

I did and still do regret the falling out. I did and still do regret my initial mistake in comprehension. I said so at the time. I still to this date have not received similar apology from you for your behavior in that thread. But I'm not so stupid as to not learn from my mistakes or from your bad behavior.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:18
    I did and still do regret the falling out. I did and still do regret my initial mistake in comprehension. I said so at the time. I still to this date have not received similar apology from you for your behavior in that thread. But I'm not so stupid as to not learn from my mistakes or from your bad behavior.
    There was nothing wrong with my "behaviour" on that thread. You didn't read my posts properly and became surly as a result. And you still seem to be hostile.
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:18
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Did you ever stop to wonder where his name came from,
    whatever it might be?

Did someone name him?

Or did he name himself??
    Since by definition god is supposed to be the be-all and end-all, it stands to reason he named himself, using a language he made up himself...

...so it's all fairly arbitrary. It could be Yabbadabbadoo and it wouldn't make a dime's worth of difference.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:23
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Christians use the Islamic name for God? Strange indeed.

It's not strange at all. It is the Arab word for God as opposed to the "Islamic" word. Arab Christians were using the word Allah for centuries before Islam was even founded. In Malaysia, some hard line Muslims have tried to use the courts to prevent Christians from using the word Allah to refer to God. They failed in the end. The Indonesian language has absorbed words from a wide variety of languages including Dutch, Arabic, English, Javanese and Chinese, although its basis is a language called Melayu.

(I didn't see this post earlier when I started my postings about the previous thread.)

This is all you had to say to me in that other thread to divert the course of that thread. You did not, though. You in fact taunted me and focused on side issues to keep me frustrated by not answering my questions.

Perhaps you too, have learned from that previous thread. He made the exact same mistake I did, and yet you set him straight nearly at the outset.

That's good enough for me at this point.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:33
    [quote]Originally posted by sumydid
    [b]Christians use the Islamic name for God? Strange indeed.

It's not strange at all. It is the Arab word for God as opposed to the "Islamic" word. Arab Christians were using the word Allah for centuries before Islam was even founded. In Malaysia, some hard line Muslims have tried to use the courts to prevent Chr ...[text shortened]... yet you set him straight nearly at the outset.

That's good enough for me at this point.[/b]
    I just don't get why you are still so hostile when the mistake - twelve months ago! - was yours.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:351 edit
    It's okay, robbie.

A lot of posters here very often mix their opinions with their beliefs with amazing regularity.
    I really don't think FMF is consciously trying to troll as much as it hurts me to say that.
    I believe he honestly doesn't get it but that's the way he see's things.
    I would like to converse with him as I do with most others here but my gosh, after about the 30 millionth question on the same subjet, one gets tired. If he would simply accept ones answers especially when one finally says I have no more answers for you or I've explained the best I know or understand or even when someone ask him to move on to another subject, he does not get it and say thanks and actually move on.
    It baffels me but I guess that's FMF for you. Maybe he will temper his persistance and be interesting to talk too some day.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I just don't get why you are still so hostile when the mistake - twelve months ago! - was yours.
    Unlike you, I answered your question at the beginning, and every time I respond.

If you still don't get it, maybe you need some remedial English.

Edit: Obviously you DO now "get it", since you did not treat sumydid with the same disrespect you showed me, even though you claimed in that same thread that you always respected me. Just as obviously, you weren't fully honest with that statement either.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:391 edit
    [quote]Originally posted by sumydid
    [b]Christians use the Islamic name for God? Strange indeed.

It's not strange at all. It is the Arab word for God as opposed to the "Islamic" word. Arab Christians were using the word Allah for centuries before Islam was even founded. In Malaysia, some hard line Muslims have tried to use the courts to prevent Chr yet you set him straight nearly at the outset.

That's good enough for me at this point.[/b]
    I have yet to see such a clear and unequivocal expose of FMF's trolling actions and time
    wasting tactics as in this instance here. It proves without a shadow of a doubt what I
    have known for some time but because if a willingness to impart pure motives resisted
    to state, he is simply unscrupulous in taking advantage of the good will and intent of
    other posters, slyly mocking them in the most condescending manner possible through
    pretentious assertions of civility and genuine interest, all the while knowing that he is
    simply intent on causing frustration and ill feeling.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:45
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I really don't think FMF is consciously trying to troll as much as it hurts me to say that.
    I believe he honestly doesn't get it but that's the way he see's things.
    I would like to converse with him as I do with most others here but my gosh, after about the 30 millionth question on the same subjet, one gets tired. If he would simply accept ones ans ...[text shortened]... FMF for you. Maybe he will temper his persistance and be interesting to talk too some day.
    I think its entirely calculated and have removed all empathy from my disposition,
    sentiment left to chance is simply asking for it. Perhaps you are less cynical than me
    Gman and it reflects well upon you.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have yet to see such a clear and unequivocal expose of FMF's trolling actions and time
    wasting tactics as in this instance here. It proves without a shadow of a doubt what I
    have known for some time but because if a willingness to impart pure motives resisted
    to state, he is simply unscrupulous in taking advantage of the good will and intent ...[text shortened]... erest, all the while knowing that he is
    simply intent on causing frustration and ill feeling.
    Anyone interested can take a look at the thread in question. It seems that you use the words "troll" and "trolling" to refer to someone or something you disagree with.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:481 edit
    Unlike you, I answered your question at the beginning, and every time I respond.

If you still don't get it, maybe you need some remedial English.

Edit: Obviously you DO now "get it", since you did not treat sumydid with the same disrespect you showed me, even though you claimed in that same thread that you always respected me. Just as obviously, you weren't fully honest with that statement either.
    You reckon maybe I need some "remedial English"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 01:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Perhaps you are less cynical than me
    Gman and it reflects well upon you.
    Did galveston75 show you the PM he sent me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree