1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 21:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I never had a TV in those days Johnny, only got one for the kids like in the last three/ five years maybe.
    No TV?

So you're into live plays.

Is this a dagger I see before me........................................

Then despair ye this day McBeth.....For I was from my mother's womb
    untimely ripped. Death!! Death to the tyrant!
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 00:10
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Ha. I took CP seriously. And liked it.

Better yet (using the context of God as programmer... )

Praise 10110001010001100101 !
    All hail to the holy binary.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 18:59
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Since by definition god is supposed to be the be-all and end-all, it stands to reason he named himself, using a language he made up himself...

...so it's all fairly arbitrary. It could be Yabbadabbadoo and it wouldn't make a dime's worth of difference.
    You said it was Steve.

Dont let me down now!

😞
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 19:18
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Since by definition god is supposed to be the be-all and end-all, it stands to reason he named himself, using a language he made up himself...

...so it's all fairly arbitrary. It could be Yabbadabbadoo and it wouldn't make a dime's worth of difference.
    Did you know that in Dubai, they don't like the Flintstones?

But in a neighbouring country.......they Abu Dhabi dooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You said it was Steve.

Dont let me down now!

😞
    Rest assured it's Steve. 😉

This is why I sweeten my tea with stevia every day. Each sip is just divine.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 23:31
    As much as we talk about God and assign many different names to Him; something tells me none of us have it right. It has been said that the name of God is so powerful that long ago, the Hebrews sought to hide the name so that it could never be used. And of course there is the Commandment not to speak His name in vain, and that would make a lot more sense i ...[text shortened]... t give it the reverence and respect it deserves and I would certainly end up using it in vain.
    Yes the true name is in the ancient archive ................but not in the ancient archive of false relgion.

You must go to the archive of true religion ( the eternal Vedas) and there the name shall be.

God has unlimited names.

But Gods name for the Supreme Personality of Godhead is "Krsna"

Krsna means .....All Attractive in every way imaginable. [Krsna Christ Kristos.]

The names you have mentioned in your post are invented by mundane man who follows mundane false religion...............because the true names of God are always to be found coming to us in the spiritual language Sanskrit and not the mundane languages of the animal killers and meat eaters.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 00:29
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Yes the true name is in the ancient archive ................but not in the ancient archive of false relgion.

You must go to the archive of true religion ( the eternal Vedas) and there the name shall be.

God has unlimited names.

But Gods name for the Supreme Personality of Godhead is "Krsna"

Krsna means .....All Attractive in every way imaginable. [K ...[text shortened]... iritual language Sanskrit and not the mundane languages of the animal killers and meat eaters.
    Sanskrit is dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanskrit
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 00:53
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The names you have mentioned in your post are invented by mundane man who follows mundane false religion...............because the true names of God are always to be found coming to us in the spiritual language Sanskrit and not the mundane languages of the animal killers and meat eaters.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with eating meat, although I wish you all the best with your vegetarian lifestyle choice.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 04:56
    As much as we talk about God and assign many different names to Him; something tells me none of us have it right. It has been said that the name of God is so powerful that long ago, the Hebrews sought to hide the name so that it could never be used. And of course there is the Commandment not to speak His name in vain, and that would make a lot more sense i ...[text shortened]... t give it the reverence and respect it deserves and I would certainly end up using it in vain.
    I believe all the names mentioned in the bible are not real names. They are names describing the person. For example, Delilah, it means "pining away". Do you really believe someone would name their daughter "pining away"? God is simply "I Am"
    The different names for God each describe a characteristic of Himself. Just food for thought.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 21:06
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I believe all the names mentioned in the bible are not real names. They are names describing the person. For example, Delilah, it means "pining away". Do you really believe someone would name their daughter "pining away"? God is simply "I Am"
    The different names for God each describe a characteristic of Himself. Just food for thought.
    Paul means small and Peter means rock.

Do you honestly think anyone would name their son Paul or Peter?
  11. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 03:42
    Read your Bible. It tells you quite clearly the name of God. It's all through there. You have to read between the lines.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 03:48
    Originally posted by shiloh
    It tells you quite clearly the name of God.
    and
    You have to read between the lines.
    ???

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/read+between+the+lines

Do you know what you are talking about? 🙄
  13. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    ???

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/read+between+the+lines

Do you know what you are talking about? 🙄
    It is implicit. Satisfied? Sheesh!
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:12
    Originally posted by shiloh
    It is implicit. Satisfied? Sheesh!
    Not between the lines then?
    Sheesh!

and you agree on Steve?
    😉
  15. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:29
    It is clearly implicit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree