1. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 22:32
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Most of your questions and a lot of your statements are distortions of what I've said.

....and I noticed how rarely you attempted to correct any of them.How on earth do you expect people to not distort if you don't say what you are about. Maybe snowinscotland will be better at mind reading than me.
    Thanks Knightmeister, I've had about six pages on and off and (s)he is going round in circles in his(her) mind I think. Nebulous about sums it up. I've been patient , despite the temptation to say the obvious, but that would be rude and in the long run non-productive. I'll get my coat.

*sigh*
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 10:38
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    Thanks Knightmeister, I've had about six pages on and off and (s)he is going round in circles in his(her) mind I think. Nebulous about sums it up. I've been patient , despite the temptation to say the obvious, but that would be rude and in the long run non-productive. I'll get my coat.

*sigh*
    I told you won't give you a straight answer. He's a politician in his former life!!!
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 00:04
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I told you won't give you a straight answer. He's a politician in his former life!!!
    walking on shifting sand, but claiming to be on tarmac......
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 15:391 edit
    walking on shifting sand, but claiming to be on tarmac......
    with eyes, yet unable to see
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 07:54
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    with eyes, yet unable to see
    I've yet to be dissuaded that "divine law" boils down to anything more complicated than the Golden Rule of reciprocal altruism. It's like an operating manual: if you want a good life act so, otherwise act so. No?
  6. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 12:19
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I've yet to be dissuaded that "divine law" boils down to anything more complicated than the Golden Rule of reciprocal altruism. It's like an operating manual: if you want a good life act so, otherwise act so. No?
    Is that what he was talking about? Why couldn't he say so?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 16:14
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Thanks for the example. It's hard to know what will resonate with a given individual.
  8. Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 19:10
    Any lies, my friend, not just religious lies.

And get yourself a good drop of malt for Hogmanay...... I'll stand for that.
    I'll second that
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 08:21
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Thanks for the example. It's hard to know what will resonate with a given individual.
    Depends if they can feel the love.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree