The voice of God?

The voice of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Better to believe and be wrong than not believe and be damned.
If we have been "given" free will, as you claim, why would we be "damned" [eternal excruciating torture, or so you tell us] for exercising that free will and genuinely not believing something.

It is a grotesque concept ~ it sounds like the product of the basest, most primitive and sadistic human imagination and not a "divine concept" at all.

This is "free will" confronted by extortion backed by the threat of extreme violence. It is nothing but ghastly imaginings dating back to Iron Age times.

According to you, are people also "damned" in the same way for dishonestly pretending to believe?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Apr 14
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
If we have been "given" free will, as you claim, why would we be "damned" [eternal excruciating torture, or so you tell us] for exercising that free will and genuinely not believing something.

It is a grotesque concept ~ it sounds like the product of the basest, most primitive and sadistic human imagination and not a "divine concept" at all.

This is "fre ...[text shortened]... ccording to you, are people also "damned" in the same way for dishonestly pretending to believe?
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby according to FMF (Page 9)
Better to believe and be wrong than not believe and be damned.

*"Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which
misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban." Russ

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 8)
"15 Questions Atheists Hate Answering" I was recently sent an article about Atheism and Theism. Sean Curry wrote the following article… Mary Wood wrote the following… 7. Pascal’s Wager: Better to believe and be wrong than not believe and be damned. Article answers this beautifully. I’d also add that in this sense, Atheists are stronger in their conviction than Theists. We are willing to bet our eternal souls (should they exist) that there is no god(s)..."

http://theaddictedmind.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/15-questions-atheists-hate-answering/

The statement: "We are willing to bet our eternal souls (should they exist) that there is no god(s)..." I find profound!

*Note: Bold sentence is part of the quoted text, not a declarative statement of opinion.

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

Bold sentence is part of the quoted text, not a declarative statement of opinion.
I know it is. Do you endorse it?

F

Moves
07 Apr 14
1 edit

*"Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which
misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban." Russ
Report me and try to get me forum banned, by all means, Grampy Bobby, if that's what you want. 😕🙂

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally quoted by Grampy Bobby
"Better to believe and be wrong than not believe and be damned."
Stop hiding behind quotations.

If we have been "given" free will, as you claim, why would we be "damned" [meaning something along the lines of 'eternal excruciating torture', or so you tell us] for exercising that free will and genuinely not believing something?

Engage.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
07 Apr 14

Wake up, you nitwits. Didn't anyone notice the date of SG's original post?

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by moonbus
Wake up, you nitwits. Didn't anyone notice the date of SG's original post?
No. Why? What about the date?

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
No. Why? What about the date?
You're sleepwalking through life, buddy.

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

You're sleepwalking through life, buddy.
I'm in Indonesia. He started the thread 3.07 am 2nd April. I was asleep in bed ~ not sleepwalking. What did I miss?

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
He started the thread 3.07 am 2nd April.
Look again on page one of this thread. I'll send you a screenshot PM if you still don't get it.

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

Look again on page one of this thread. I'll send you a screenshot PM if you still don't get it.
I just checked page 1. "3.07 am 2nd April 2014".

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I just checked page 1. "3.07 am 2nd April 2014".
Your server is in Indonesia. Where's SG's server? That's the one that matters.

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

Your server is in Indonesia. Where's SG's server? That's the one that matters.
I've always assumed SG is in Los Angeles because he is an atheist.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I've always assumed SG is in Los Angeles because he is an atheist.
I sent you a link PM.

PS Not all Angelinos are atheists. Some are quite pious, though you'd be hard pressed to recognize what they worship as the Creator of the Universe.

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

I sent you a link PM.
I'll look at it when it arrives here. There's a 12 hour time difference.