The voice of God?

The voice of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
It's not "evasion". Quite the opposite. I could hardly have answered your question more cogently or succinctly.
Okay, then we're done. Good job, you've removed the spotlight from you. Mission accomplished.

Mainly because I'm not a big fan of your word games.

Answer the question or not.

When asked "What color is that cow?", saying "The sky is blue" doesn't exactly answer the question. But you know that.

Awesome. Have a great day.

F

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Okay, then we're done. Good job, you've removed the spotlight from you. Mission accomplished.

Mainly because I'm not a big fan of your word games.

Answer the question or not.

When asked "What color is that cow?", saying "The sky is blue" doesn't exactly answer the question. But you know that.

Awesome. Have a great day.
Do you not see how cogent my answer was?

You asked me: "If you are not an atheist, can you tell us exactly what beliefs you hold that make you "not an atheist"?"

I answered: God hasn't revealed himself to any of us as far as I know.

I think this is succinct and it tells you plenty about me:

I believe there is a God.

He hasn't revealed Himself to me.

So I am not a religionist.

I don't think God has revealed himself to you.

So I don't subscribe to your religion.

In fact I don't subscribe to anyone else's religion.

I have made some effort to "know".

Which suggests that I am open minded, to a degree.

No word games. All this was in my initial answer to you.

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Sheesh, I have to watch over this forum all day? I got better things to do, you know.

moonbus, FMF is pranking you. He, and all of us, get it that SG's thread was an April Fool's Day gag. It was obvious to some of us, not so obvious to others, yet he came clean and we all, even the clueless, get it now, and clearly, you missed that part of the conversation. But short answer is, Yes, we get it.
Sorry if I labored the point. FMF didn't seem to get it. I will drop under the radar again.

P

Moves
09 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the ones who jumped at the chance to steer me into the proverbial fold the minute they saw a moment of weakness.
I know you weren't talking to me. I was just voicing, 'not into the take down game'. Chess preferred as a game. I see the truth in people, the sincere versus those who play silly games.

F

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I know you weren't talking to me. I was just voicing, 'not into the take down game'. Chess preferred as a game. I see the truth in people, the sincere versus those who play silly games.
I would have thought any April Fool's prank that wasn't to some degree "silly" at its heart ~ like SwissGambit's was on this thread ~ might be inclined to be clumsy or its premise misunderstood.

This prank, however, was quite deft in how it was delivered, which probably explains why it was taken in good spirit by most people, even if not by you.

Would you say you are against April Fool's jokes 'in principle', so to speak, or just that they must be more substantial that mere "silly games" before you approve of them?

K

Moves
09 Apr 14

Swiss Gambit and All Others,
Was Swiss Gambit's heart good when joking around? If not, was his heart not shown by his post? He must think that his responsibility to God is a joke.

King James Version
===============

Luke 6: 45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Mark 7: 20-23
And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Was Swiss Gambit's heart good when joking around? If not, was his heart not shown by his post? He must think that his responsibility to God is a joke.

King James Version
===============

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil tr ...[text shortened]... e, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

My heart was awesome. I did nothing but shame the arrogant and the proud, while bringing a smile to the faces of the wise.

L

Moves
09 Apr 14

King James Version
===============

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil tr ...[text shortened]... e, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

Yeah, hard to imagine the depths of SwissGambit's depravity and insolence. I mean, joking around on April Fools' Day?!? The horror of it all...I bet he will be running around scaring people on Halloween next...there's probably no end to his depravity.

K

Moves
09 Apr 14

LemonJello and SwissGambit,
How is joking about needing God and then telling what the real heart was behind Swiss's Joke awesome or even funny? All of us are evil in our human selves. We are or were against God, and He made a way for us to be saved. Joking around about this doesn't make a sap out of anyone else. It is totally SwissGambit's problem with God.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14

How is joking about needing God and then telling what the real heart was behind Swiss's Joke awesome or even funny? All of us are evil in our human selves. We are or were against God, and He made a way for us to be saved. Joking around about this doesn't make a sap out of anyone else. It is totally SwissGambit's problem with God.
To know what is funny, you must have a sense of humor. 😞

K

Moves
09 Apr 14

SwissGambit,
Did you type once, that you have been where I am? What did you mean by that if you did type that?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14

SwissGambit,
Did you type once, that you have been where I am? What did you mean by that if you did type that?
I used to be a fundamentalist/evangelical Christian, as you are. Burdened with witnessing to the masses to save their souls from hell. That's what I meant.

K

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I used to be a fundamentalist/evangelical Christian, as you are. Burdened with witnessing to the masses to save their souls from hell. That's what I meant.
Why did you turn from Christ?

L

Moves
09 Apr 14

I bet dinner at your place is just a barrel of laughs.

Someone or something has actually managed to convince you that "all of us are evil in our human selves"?!?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by LemonJello
I bet dinner at your place is just a barrel of laughs.

Someone or something has actually managed to convince you that "all of us are evil in our human selves"?!?
Good luck on trying to convince him that this isn't the "Christianity" forum, either.