The voice of God?

The voice of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
LemonJello and SwissGambit,
How is joking about needing God and then telling what the real heart was behind Swiss's Joke awesome or even funny? All of us are evil in our human selves. We are or were against God, and He made a way for us to be saved. Joking around about this doesn't make a sap out of anyone else. It is totally SwissGambit's problem with God.
Have you never told a joke about imaginery creatures?

Be careful! They may come and get you!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Apr 14

LemonJello and SwissGambit,
How is joking about needing God and then telling what the real heart was behind Swiss's Joke awesome or even funny? All of us are evil in our human selves. We are or were against God, and He made a way for us to be saved. Joking around about this doesn't make a sap out of anyone else. It is totally SwissGambit's problem with God.
KoP,
how did you possibly miss the fact that neither of them believe in God in the first place? You don't have to be Christian to post here, you know. I guess my post earlier about just trying to get along and not trying to force your religion down unbelievers' throats went right over your head, eh?

What about respect for our fellow human beings? Tolerance? No?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
I bet dinner at your place is just a barrel of laughs.

Someone or something has actually managed to convince you that "all of us are evil in our human selves"?!?
Evangelical Christianity has a masochistic streak. It lets you feel both like a wretched sinner and pure child of God in turn. Kind of like the guy who hits his own knee with the hammer because it feels so good when it stops.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14

Why did you turn from Christ?
I lost belief in God, period. That included thinking that Christ was a deity.

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I lost belief in God, period. That included thinking that Christ was a deity.
There is no ex-zealot like an ex-convert.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
09 Apr 14

Why did you turn from Christ?
More importantly, why did you turn from Thor!? Don't you have any idea how much it p!sses him off that you worship false gods!? 😲

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by moonbus
There is no ex-zealot like an ex-convert.
I was never a convert. I had the faith of my parents.

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I was never a convert. I had the faith of my parents.
Perhaps there was an element of rebelling against the parents in it.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by moonbus
Perhaps there was an element of rebelling against the parents in it.
Nope.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Apr 14

Originally posted by Agerg
More importantly, why did you turn from Thor!? Don't you have any idea how much it p!sses him off that you worship false gods!? 😲
Who you gonna follow;
the man nailed to a cross
or the big guy with a hammer?

P

Moves
10 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I would have thought any April Fool's prank that wasn't to some degree "silly" at its heart ~ like SwissGambit's was on this thread ~ might be inclined to be clumsy or its premise misunderstood.

This prank, however, was quite deft in how it was delivered, which probably explains why it was taken in good spirit by most people, even if not by you.

Would yo ...[text shortened]... , or just that they must be more substantial that mere "silly games" before you approve of them?
You need to go back to page 5.

Of course I love AF jokes, it is my birthday. nuf said. 🙂

F

Moves
11 Apr 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
You need to go back to page 5.
Why?

K

Moves
11 Apr 14

Suzianne,
Tolerance Vs. Someone suffering eternally without Christ is wasteful. However, giving up on typing any more bible to the same people may be the thing to do when the people will not believe because they refuse to believe. Prayer, of course, for them can still continue.

Letting them take other people to the same suffering with them is wasteful also.

K

Moves
11 Apr 14

SwissGambit,
You typed
-------------
Evangelical Christianity has a masochistic streak.
-------------

The need for someone to see that they are a sinner is to show why we need Christ. Masochism is not needed. Forgiveness and restoration is what is needed.

K

Moves
11 Apr 14
1 edit

SwissGambit,
You Typed
-----------------
I did nothing but shame the arrogant and the proud, while bringing a smile to the faces of the wise.
-----------------

You did not shame anyone else. And arrogance and proud"ness" mean nothing for your sake. And those who care about your soul are not hurt either. But don't bring judgement upon yourself because you think God is a joke.