The Wisdom of Witness Lee

The Wisdom of Witness Lee

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 19

6.) As Paul taught the Gentiles are a wild plant grafted into God's plans the Jews are natural branches which will one day more easily be re-united to God's plan.

For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more shall these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?” (vv. 23-24). Although Paul seems to be speaking on behalf of the Gentiles, he is actually more in favor of the Jews because he was a Jew himself. Underlying his words concerning the Gentiles is his burden for the Jews.

7.) As Paul argued both Jews and Gentiles had their turn of being shut off that God could have mercy on ALL.
“For just as you once disobeyed God, but now have obtained mercy through their disobedience, so these also now have disobeyed that through your mercy they also now may obtain mercy. For God has shut up all in disobedience that He might show mercy to all” (vv. 30-32). Here we see that Paul uses both disobedience and mercy as means for his argument. Man’s disobedience affords God’s mercy an opportunity, and God’s mercy brings man salvation. Thus, we see once again that Paul has won every case. God has shut up all in disobedience that He might show mercy to all.

That is good for now. Before we go on I think it should be established that the picture of Witness Lee being against the Jews will crumble in light of what he has taught in its fuller scope.

Witness Lee speaks of the danger of mistreatment of the Jews in the Life Study of Genesis

Let me say a word about our attitude toward the Jews. Never mistreat the Jewish people. God said, “I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee.” (In this word, “them” and “him” indicates people in both plural and singular number.) If you read history, you will find that during the past twenty-five centuries, from the time that Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the city of Jerusalem until now, every country, people, race, or individual that has cursed the Jewish people has received a curse. However, whoever blesses the Jewish people receives a blessing. No leader in history died in such a pitiful way as Hitler did. Hitler died in that way because he was cursed for his cursing of the Jewish people. Since the United States is helping the nation of Israel today, surely the United States is under God’s blessing. This is not my opinion. This is according to God’s promise in Genesis 12:3.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 May 19

@sonship said
6.) As Paul taught the Gentiles are a wild plant grafted into God's plans the Jews are natural branches which will one day more easily be re-united to God's plan.
For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more shall these who are the natural branches be grafted into thei ...[text shortened]... God’s blessing. This is not my opinion. This is according to God’s promise in Genesis 12:3.
Oh. Got it now. Witness Lee said never mistreat the Jews but it is ok to refer to their religion that God gave them as an organisation of Satan.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 19
1 edit

@Rajk999

Oh. Got it now. Witness Lee said never mistreat the Jews but it is ok to refer to their religion that God gave them as an organisation of Satan.

A. Not to Abolish the Law or the Prophets,
but to Fulfill Them

Verse 17 says, “Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill.” To fulfill the law here means three things: that Christ has kept the law on the positive side; that through His substitutionary death on the cross Christ has fulfilled the requirement of the law on the negative side; and that Christ complements the old law by His new law in this section, as continually expressed by the word, “But I say to you” (vv. 22, 28, 32, 34, 39, 44).

Concerning the law, there are two aspects: the commandments of the law and the principle of the law. The commandments of the law are fulfilled and complemented by the Lord’s coming, whereas the principle of the law is replaced by the principle of faith according to God’s New Testament economy.

Life Study of Matthew by Witness Lee

1. Keeping the Law on the Positive Side

Firstly, it means that Christ came to keep the law on the positive side. When He lived on earth, He kept every aspect of the old law. No one else has ever kept the ten commandments; the Lord Jesus kept them completely. He kept the law of the old dispensation in a very positive way.

2. Fulfilling the Requirement of the Law
on the Negative Side through the
Substitutionary Death on the Cross

Because Christ kept the law, He became the perfect One. His perfection qualified Him to die on the cross for us. This is the keeping of the law in a negative sense. This is the second way Christ has fulfilled the law. All of us have broken, transgressed, the law. But our transgressions have been dealt with through the Lord’s substitutionary death. On the cross He was our substitute, dying for us to fulfill the law’s requirement on the negative side.

3. Complementing the Old Law with the New

To fulfill the law also means that Christ complements the old law by His new law. This is expressed by the word, “But I say to you” (vv. 22, 28, 32, 34, 39, 44). Christ’s keeping of the law qualified Him to fulfill the requirement of the law through His substitutionary death on the cross. Christ’s fulfilling the requirement of the law through His substitutionary death on the cross brought in the resurrection life to complement the law, to fill the law to the full. The old law, the lower law, with its keeping-demand and punishing-requirement, is over. The kingdom people, as the children of the Father, only need now to fulfill the new law, the higher law, by the resurrection life, which is the eternal life of the Father.

Christ’s substitutionary death brought in the resurrection life. When this resurrection life comes into us, it is able to do the wonderful job of completing the law. It enables us to fulfill the higher law. By the resurrection life within us, we are able to be kept not only from murdering others, but even from being angry with them or hating them. This resurrection life is much higher than the natural life, for it is actually the divine life, the eternal life, the life on the highest plane. This highest life within us can fulfill the requirements of the highest law.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 19

@Rajk999

In considering these matters, we must distinguish between people and organizations. Most certainly our Lord loves every human being, yet there are certain things, to which believers are related, which He hates and will judge (Rev. 2:5-6, 14-16, 20-23; 18:4-8). Thus, in condemning according to the Scriptures these religious systems, we do not condemn the believers who are in them. We recognize that there are many true, born-again believers in Catholicism and Protestantism. Their involvement does not in the least diminish the fact of their regeneration. However, it surely is a great hindrance to their progress in the Christian life, and is extremely offensive to the Lord. Thus, He repeatedly calls them to “repent” (Rev. 2:5, 16, 22; 3:3, 19) and to “come out” (Rev. 18:4).

https://contendingforthefaith.org/en/concerning-judaism-catholicism-and-protestantism/

[my bolding]

Moves
12 May 19

Perhaps it is time to compare the wisdom of Lee against the wisdom of the Bible:

'So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.'

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

'I would not attend a movie even if you paid me thousands of dollars to do it. I have something better. I am filled with Christ and I have no capacity for anything else.'

Witness Lee, Life Study Of Genesis

Moves
13 May 19
1 edit

F

Moves
13 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
'I would not attend a movie even if you paid me thousands of dollars to do it. I have something better. I am filled with Christ and I have no capacity for anything else.'

Witness Lee, Life Study Of Genesis
Doesn't sound much of a walk-the-walk "Christian" then, does he.

Moves
13 May 19

@caesar-salad removed their quoted post
Valentine's day I gave my wife a beautiful box of chocolates containing an array of shapes and flavours, which naturally she fully enjoyed eating. - I would not have been too pleased if she had instead said she was so full of love for me that she had no space for anything else.

The Bible tells us that God has given us such gifts and tells us to rejoice in them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 19
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Perhaps it is time to compare the wisdom of Lee against the wisdom of the Bible:

YOU may be just now trying to start. But that is what I have been doing from the beginning of the thread.

I think what you really mean is "Its time for me to open up a Bible."

Moves
13 May 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

YOU may be just now trying to start. But that is what I have been doing from the beginning of the thread.

I think what you really mean is "Its time for me to open up a Bible."
No, the Bible is always open in this forum. It is time to open up 'Lee's work' and discuss its inconsistencies with scripture.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

And you think that you have some impressive logic here ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

The Bible tells us that God has given us such gifts and tells us to rejoice in them.

I think there is more hope for FMF then there is for you - the atheist who loves to hunt for proof texts in the Bible.

Moves
13 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I think there is more hope for FMF then there is for you - the atheist who loves to hunt for proof texts in the Bible.
I understand why you prefer to shine the spotlight on the Bible and away from the absurdities in the writings of Lee.

Would you like to hear more of them? (Perhaps from the book you abandoned half way through? )

F

Moves
13 May 19

@sonship said
"Hope" of what? Being "deified" as a "God man" after I die?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 19

@FMF

This only proves that in your question before about being deified "after you die" you already had your mind made up. Why ask ?