The Wisdom of Witness Lee

The Wisdom of Witness Lee

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 19
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I understand why you prefer to shine the spotlight on the Bible and away from the absurdities in the writings of Lee.

The only difference between the two is probably that the term ISM may not be found in the Bible.

Other than that any complaint against Witness Lee you would have to first level against God, Christ, some of His prophets, and the Bible generally.

The term "Catholicism" and the term "Protestantism" do not appear in Scriptures. Besides those facts, I think Witness Lee's explanations were very good - all things considered.

I said "ALL ... things considered."

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 May 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I understand why you prefer to shine the spotlight on the Bible and away from the absurdities in the writings of Lee.

The only difference between the two is probably that the term ISM may not be found in the Bible.

Other than that any complaint against Witness Lee you would have to first level against God, Christ, some of His ...[text shortened]... ons were very good - all things considered.

I said "ALL ... things considered."
Interesting that you edited out the second part of my post:

'Would you like to hear more of them? (Perhaps from the book you abandoned half way through? ) '

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

'Would you like to hear more of them? (Perhaps from the book you abandoned half way through? ) '

Am I suppose to be like, breathlessly waiting on the edge of my chair?

This thread has served it purpose as far as I am concerned.
There is no guarantee that everyone will notice or appreciate some wisdom of Witness Lee handling of God's word.

For my part it has been amply demonstrated. And the lack of precise counterpoints but rather vague gimmicks of general negativity have confirmed to me Lee spoke with quite a bit of wisdom.

It certainly is a subject with which he was familiar - building up the saints for the church.

F

Moves
13 May 19

@sonship said
@FMF

This only proves that in your question before about being deified "after you die" you already had your mind made up. Why ask ?
Do you believe there's "hope" for me to be"deified" as a "God man" after I die? Do you really?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 May 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Am I suppose to be like, breathlessly waiting on the edge of my chair?

This thread has served it purpose as far as I am concerned.
There is no guarantee that everyone will notice or appreciate some wisdom of Witness Lee handling of God's w ...[text shortened]... om.

It certainly is a subject with which he was familiar - building up the saints for the church.
This thread has shown the writings of Lee in their full absurdity, and not delivered and cherry-picked here by yourself. (As has been the case for many years). I have learned things about Lee (and Nee) that I was completely unaware of which lead me to seriously question your judgment and susceptibility. Even when we have Lee directly accusing Christians of being in an organization of Satan, 'EVEN THEN' you battle to mitigate and justify his words.

Incredible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 19
3 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Thanks for a lot of good free advertizement of the messages by Witness Lee. My own personal experience and the experience of others is that they never HEARD of the name until somebody starts complaining "Witness Lee said this Witness Less said that."

"And WHO is this Witness Lee?"

Then some go and find out only to end up thanking God for such a ministry on the earth.

So keep it up. Some seekers will only be curious to find out what all the fuss is about and discover what worth it is to read messages by this person.

"Now these [Jews] were more noble than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with all eagerness, EXAMINING the Scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11)

Recommended, Witness Lee's book entitled Christ Verses Religion.

Table of contents below:

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=28E6

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 May 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Thanks for a lot of good free advertizement of the messages by Witness Lee. My own personal experience and the experience of others is that they never HEARD of the name until somebody starts complaining "Witness Lee said this Witness Less said that."

Then some go and find out only to end up thanking God for such a min ...[text shortened]... Verses Religion[/b].

Table of contents below:

I got crushed in the rush...

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 May 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Then some go and find out only to end up thanking God for such a min ...[text shortened]... Verses Religion[/b].

Table of contents below:

You conflate 'good free advertising' with 'crushing exposure of absurd teachings.'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 May 19
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I know that as ignorant slanderers spread rumors about Paul and his gospel then, and some had the reaction of the Bereans in Acts 17:11, so some will react likewise these days.

The wise Lord knows how to turn the tables on His enemies on occasion. His move is secure.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 May 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I know that as ignorant slanderers spread rumors about Paul and his gospel then, and some had the reaction of the Bereans in Acts 17:11, so some will react likewise these days.

The wise Lord knows how to turn the tables on His enemies on occasion. His move is secure.
Lee is not Paul. Not by a long shot.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 May 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Answer a fool according to his folly ..(Proverbs 26:5 KJV)

Of course Witness Lee is in the same category as Paul.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 May 19

@rajk999 said
Answer a fool according to his folly ..(Proverbs 26:5 KJV)

Of course Witness Lee is in the same category as Paul.
I was about to post the more crushing Matthew 7:15:

'Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.'

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I was about to post the more crushing Matthew 7:15:

'Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.'
Most appropriate.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 May 19
1 edit

Ron Kangus, a faithful co-worker of Witness Lee, speaks on end times matters according to spiritual life and preparation.
Sample:

"So we are in the age of the church. The Lord's coming back will be determined, as Brother Lee has helped us see, by His assessment, that in the local churches the building up of the Body and the reality of the Body of Christ has reached the necessary level. In actuality the Body will be built up in the local churches through brothers and sisters who eventually when the Lord comes will be designated by Him as the overcomers. We're not going to have ideal churches all over the earth. "

Bro Ron Kangas Fellowship with Elders and Leading Brothers Dec 2018

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 May 19

@sonship said
Ron Kangus, a faithful co-worker of Witness Lee, speaks on end times matters according to spiritual life and preparation.
Sample:

"So we are in the age of the church. The Lord's coming back will be determined, as Brother Lee has helped us see, by His assessment, that in the local churches the building up of the Body and the reality of the Body of Christ has reached the ne ...[text shortened]... owship with Elders and Leading Brothers Dec 2018 [/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHjUTJuYBco
I'm still trying to process:

'The Lord is not building His church in Christendom, which is composed of the apostate Roman Catholic Church and the Protestant denominations. This...is being fulfilled through the Lord's recovery, in which the building of the genuine church is being accomplished...Roman Catholicism and Protestantism, as well as Judaism, all [have] become an organization of Satan.'