There is a worst religion. Name it.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 02:20
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    historically...Christianity has been one of the worst.
    They are all bad in the sense that they are a barrier between us and god.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 02:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Well I've got good news for you my friend. Being a Christian myself I officially release you and am no longer a barrier between you and God. Now go get'em tiger!!
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 02:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well I've got good news for you my friend. Being a Christian myself I officially release you and am no longer a barrier between you and God. Now go get'em tiger!!
    Yeah i am a tiger in chinese astrology.
    However my point stands.
    Christianity and Jesus worship has done so much good AND so much bad. Its hard to know whether it was successful looking back through history , however you (and some other posters) have clearly shown that it is a useful religion based on some well-founded universal truths
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 02:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    I didn't say you were a barrier. The system of thought of christianity is a barrier,however it seems to be a useful initial step to coming to understand God.
    You know...Christianity just seems like an easy target. But that is probably not the point. Following the ups and downs of Christianity throughout history is an invaluable lesson for Christians and non-Christians alike!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 08:53
    Well there is a group called Detachment-88 down here in Indonesia. You seem to think it was closely connected with religion. Why don't you tell us about it DoctorScribbles?
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 09:23
    No religion😵
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 09:52
    I dislike Jivaroan head shrinking.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 10:25
    Originally posted by black beetle
    No religion😵
    Is there anything worse than Bad Religion? 😛
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 10:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I would say Abrahamism, where christianity is only one part.
    Judaism wasn't so bad, until 1948 when it took its power to kill to fulfil its own interest.
    So I would rather say Abrahamism...
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 10:53
    What was that there religion that Pol Pot and Joseph Stalin had when they slaughtered millions of people ? Oh yea, I remember. Atheism.

Of course some may protest that Atheism is not a religion. Well, either that or it is so much the worst religion that it is in a class all by itself!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 10:54
    Originally posted by jaywill
    What was that there religion that Pol Pot and Joseph Stalin had when they slaughtered millions of people ? Oh yea, I remember. Atheism.

Of course some may protest that Atheism is not a religion. Well, either that or it is so much the worst religion that it is in a class all by itself!
    It seems you flounder when you stray from your one book.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 10:55
    How is Christianity a religion? The differences between one Christian and another can be as wide as that between any other religion. What would a fundamentalist Mormon have in common with a liberal-minded Episcopalian who does not believe in a personal god? How in any way could a Carthusian mark be said to belong to the same religion as a lukewarm Quaker?
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 11:49
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    How is Christianity a religion? The differences between one Christian and another can be as wide as that between any other religion. What would a fundamentalist Mormon have in common with a liberal-minded Episcopalian who does not believe in a personal god? How in any way could a Carthusian mark be said to belong to the same religion as a lukewarm Quaker?
    How is Hominidae a family? The differences between one hominid and another can be as wide as that between any other family. What would an orangutan have in common with a chimpanzee? How in any way could a gorilla be said to belong to the same family as a human?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 11:57
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    One definition that collects all christians into the same religion might be:
    "A Christian is someone who believs in John 3:16."
    And subsequently:
    "Christianity is the collection of all christians."

In this context, yes, christianity is a religion. One part of the Abrahamian monotheistic religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree