The Worst Religion

The Worst Religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
do you beat your wife frequently?
No. I've never laid a hand on her in anger. As the Qur'an says.

Orillia, Ontario

Moves
18 Jun 09

Originally posted by scherzo
He served in Hitler Youth. It's not like that's an unknown fact.
The Pope was never a fascist.

"Ratzinger was enrolled in the Hitler Youth, as membership was required for all 14-year old German boys after December 1939, but was an unenthusiastic member and refused to attend meetings."

^ The New York Times (23 April 2005). "New Pope Defied Nazis As Teen During WWII".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jun 09

He served in Hitler Youth. It's not like that's an unknown fact.
That does not make him a fascist though. He is an octoginarian now, not a fourteen year-old boy.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
19 Jun 09

Have you ever struck her at all (irrespective of your anger)?

Nemesio

g

Pepperland

Moves
19 Jun 09
1 edit

Thats good.

I can't say the same thing about me.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

I once punched my girl and gave her a shiner.
We were driving with two kids in the car when she started rambling and then tried to yank the steering wheel several times before i hit her.
It was a knee-jerkish type of reaction on my part but we both agreed later that I may have prevented a much bigger accident.

Later when some friends of ours saw us together and saw her black eye they completly denounced me as a 'bad man'
Ther was no explaining to them
They had already locked me up and thrown away the key

F

Moves
20 Jun 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
We were driving with two kids in the car when she started rambling and then tried to yank the steering wheel several times before i hit her.
It was a knee-jerkish type of reaction on my part but we both agreed later that I may have prevented a much bigger accident.
Thanks for sharing with us the way that your "girl" rationalized the physical violence - "prevented a much bigger accident" - presumably at your suggestion, and in order to smooth things over ("...we both agreed later..." ) , or some variant of the 'dog returning to smell their own poo' syndrome that women who are victims of violence at the hands of their partners seem so often to fall into.

So punching her prevented a much bigger accident?

As opposed to applying the brake and bringing the vehicle to a halt.

Later when some friends of ours saw us together and saw her black eye they completly denounced me as a 'bad man'

There's no explaining it to me either.

Having said these harsh things, however, I do sincerely hope it hasn't happened again, and doesn't, and I wish you both - and the kids in the car who witnessed the punch to her face - all the best in the future.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

Originally posted by FMF
Thanks for sharing with us the way that your "girl" rationalized the physical violence - "prevented a much bigger accident" - presumably at your suggestion, and in order to smooth things over ("...we both agreed later..." ) , or some variant of the 'dog returning to smell their own poo' syndrome that women who are victims of violence at the hands of their partne ...[text shortened]... e kids in the car who witnessed the punch to her face - all the best in the future.
Thank you for your reply.
No it has never happened before or since.
I'm saddened to hear that you will not take my word for it that it was nearly definately avoiding an accident.
applying the brake would have made some old lady run up my arse
I really didn't mean to hit her where I did-it was a 'gut-reaction' and I wonder to this day where it came from.
definately not in my nature
My friends refer to me as a pacifist

F

Moves
20 Jun 09

I'm saddened to hear that you will not take my word for it that it was nearly definetely avoiding an accident.
It wasn't a case of me not taking your word for it.

I think your candour is to be applauded. I am sure there are a few men around here who would not have the courage to confess in the way you have and share the lesson you learned from it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

Originally posted by FMF
It wasn't a case of me not taking your word for it.

I think your candour is to be applauded. I am sure there are a few men around here who would not have the courage to confess in the way you have and share the lesson you learned from it.
so i can explain this to you?
I brought it up because i thought it was a fine example of where even the best of intentions and motives could be 'side-lined' by the situation.
Clearly (in my view ) the situation called for action that I would not have usually have performed. It is not in my general nature to act like that, however I had to do what I did and ( as regrettable as it may be) I learned something .

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
20 Jun 09

historically...Christianity has been one of the worst.
They are all bad in the sense that they are a barrier between us and god.
I disagree. Islam, Judeism, and Chrisitanity may in fact be different paths to the same God😏

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

Originally posted by bill718
I disagree. Islam, Judeism, and Chrisitanity may in fact be different paths to the same God😏
How is that refuting that christianity has not been bad?
It probably has done a lot of good . and yes thay are all probably paths to the same God...(finally a bit of sanity😏)

g

Pepperland

Moves
20 Jun 09

How is that refuting that christianity has not been bad?
It probably has done a lot of good . and yes thay are all probably paths to the same God...(finally a bit of sanity😏)
Christianity hasn't been bad, people who carried out evil acts using its name were bad.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
Christianity hasn't been bad, people who carried out evil acts using its name were bad.
So where does one start and the other end?

Is not Jesus just a bit ashamed ? sitting in his little corner wondering how it could've been oh so much better?

g

Pepperland

Moves
20 Jun 09

Later when some friends of ours saw us ...[text shortened]... d man'
They had already locked me up and thrown away the key
It could be worse, at least you don't beat women for no reason.