1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 22:372 edits
    For some time I have been increasingly bemused at the often comical evasiveness of the JWs here in the forum. I can never understand why they won't answer direct questions and I find myself having to become almost legalistic in my approach to enquiry in order to get a straight answer - if one is forthcoming at all.

Today I was reading about Theocratic War Strategy; which although I'm still researching, seems to be a secret approach that the JWs have for avoiding answering questions and even lying if it is seen as protecting the Watchtower organisation.

There is actually a ton of stuff on the net but I'm looking for some clarity - does anyone know more about this? Perhaps the JWs here can cast some truth on the matter?

YouTube
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 23:472 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    For some time I have been increasingly bemused at the often comical evasiveness of the JWs here in the forum. I can never understand why they won't answer direct questions and I find myself having to become almost legalistic in my approach to enquiry in order to get a straight answer - if one is forthcoming at all.

Today I was reading about Theocrati the JWs here can cast some truth on the matter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6YSsA2dJ_U
    And I am accused by them of being a cheater, a liar, and one that can not be trusted.

The Instructor
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 23:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And I am accused by them of being a cheater, a liar, and one that can not be trusted.

The Instructor
    it has been statistically proven that you used a chess engine to make your moves, that makes you a cheat and a lair and means that you cannot be trusted.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 23:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it has been statistically proven that you used a chess engine to make your moves, that makes you a cheat and a lair and means that you cannot be trusted.
    Statisticians can prove almost anything, a new study finds, even something that is false.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/20/statisticians-can-prove-almost-anything-a-new-study-finds/

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 00:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Statisticians can prove almost anything, a new study finds, even something that is false.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/20/statisticians-can-prove-almost-anything-a-new-study-finds/

The Instructor
    Don't you think that new study is sort of self-refuting?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 00:39

Today I was reading about Theocrati ...[text shortened]... the JWs here can cast some truth on the matter?

Imagine if some residents of the Warsaw ghetto were questioned by the SS concerning hidden stores of weapons. Would we expect falsehood, evasions, half-truths? Would we approve of it? Would the Nazis? I believe people who adopt the TWS see themselves in this light, whoever they (or we) are.

Further, both sides would believe the other side is following the TWS, and in this example, would be right.

In our case, both sides may believe some of the folks on the other side who they are engaging, are unwitting, deceived minions, engaged in the TWS while believing the lies they are taught to tell. Or they may consider them evil in themselves.

This sets things up for a human tragedy.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 02:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    Don't you think that new study is sort of self-refuting?
    "If enough data is collected, a board of inquiry can prove anything."
    — Murphy's Law of Combat #75

This well-known saying is part of a phrase often attributed to Benjamin Disraeli and popularized in the U.S. by Mark Twain:
    "There are three kinds of falsehoods: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LiesDamnedLiesAndStatistics

The Instructor
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 03:20

Today I was reading about Theocrati ...[text shortened]... the JWs here can cast some truth on the matter?

So what exactly is this "Thoecratic War Stragety" thing? We are planning to start a war or something?
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 03:41

Man.....this is the classic behavior of G-Man and R.C. it is comical even. Never answer a question straight ever

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 03:44
    Want to anger JW's easy just give them their own literature......As I keep saying.

Manny
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 03:47
    [b]For some time I have been increasingly bemused at the often comical evasiveness of the JWs here in the forum. I can never understand why they won't answer direct questions and I find myself having to become almost legalistic in my approach to enquiry in order to get a straight answer - if one is forthcoming at all.
    Why not let it be what it is, JW unable to answer direct questions... doesn't the pestering get old for you? Personally I think enough has been said about the JW organization and the back and forth about it in recent weeks. But that is just me, arguments ensue and it becomes fruitless.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 04:00
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Why not let it be what it is, JW unable to answer direct questions... doesn't the pestering get old for you? Personally I think enough has been said about the JW organization and the back and forth about it in recent weeks. But that is just me, arguments ensue and it becomes fruitless.
    You need to get used to it from Mr D and RJH and a couple others.
    As long as I've been here and they've been here it has not stopped.
    I try not to take it personally but they make it their quest to disrupt anything we may want to discuss as adults and as someone who would like to see the Bible's hopes for the future for humans and our planet that God has promissed.
    I know they are not interested in that prospect at all but others may be and that's why I am here which is to share that info.
    I guess they do not want others to hear of that hope.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 04:00
    I agree that you can only argue and all so long then it is kinda pointless.

Interesting video this guy was a hardcore member for over 40 years with the
    Watchtower society and was on the governing Board

YouTube&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Manny
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 04:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So what exactly is this "Thoecratic War Stragety" thing? We are planning to start a war or something?
    You should read the Watchtower publication and you would know. But if you really want to know you can start by viewing this video.

YouTube

The Instructor
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 04:32
    YouTube

😉 man this is crazy

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree