There is no God !!!

There is no God !!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
06 Jan 06
1 edit

[i]

There is no God.[/b]
With your continued existence upon these forums, I am beginning to entertain this notion more and more, as surely that is the best empirical proof of the lack of a merciful creator I have ever witnessed.

d

Moves
06 Jan 06

S

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by Omnislash
With your continued existence upon these forums, I am beginning to entertain this notion more and more, as surely that is the best empirical proof of the lack of a merciful creator I have ever witnessed.
Actually, better proof is the continued existence of George W Bush in a position of responsibility.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by DanielPasono
So, because bad things happen there is no God?
Which bad things would you have God stop? Obviously, car accidents. What about murders? If murders, what about rapes? What about children getting horrible illnesses? If children's illnesses, what about illness in adults? Just where would you have Him draw the line?
And if He stops it all, He removes free ...[text shortened]... e, but it also allows hate (or in this case, recklessness). Which would you prefer?

Daniel
WTF?

Children's ilnesses are not a matter of free will. My son was born with a kidney defect. It was not a product of my will, his mother's will or his own. If it is a god given defect how is it influenced by free will. If it hadn't happened how would it have increased or decreased my, or his mother's or his own capability to excersise free will?

A sincere christian friend tried to console me just after he was born by telling me that god had given me the chance to love and care for him. Utter tosh; that commitment was always there, it didn't need an infant in pain to make me love my son.

So please don't patronise me with your god nonsense. If god gave my son pain he doesn't deserve my respect. But I have no contempt for god, no feelings at all for god, apart from a sincere belief that there is no god.

a

Forgotten

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by Omnislash
I may sub just to rec that one.😉

S

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by aspviper666
I may sub just to rec that one.😉
Actually, better proof is the continued existence of George W Bush in a position of responsibility.

a

Forgotten

Moves
07 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by STANG
This maybe my view also,but ...
flattery will get you nowhere.😀

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Do you honestly think most Christians act too spiritual to find any meaning on earth -- stuck with their head in the clouds and their feet barely dragging on terra firma?
Sorry, got dragged away from the internet ...
Yeah, I do.
I think a lot of Christians are so focused on the afterlife they mess up this life.
They don't give it respect.
Never forget, the afterlife is not a foregone conclusion, a proven fact that you can actually feel and touch.
This life is.

The Apologist

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by STANG
The car of a family of 7 ran out of fuel this week. A woman driving by stopped to talk to them and then drove with her son to fetch some fuel. Upon her return, the car still wouldn't start. She drove her car closer to help jump start it. In front of the family of 7, a truck came up the road and slammed into her car, killing her and her son.

There is no God.
This is called argument by outrage. It's fallacious.

Oh well, I guess it's better than when you skeptics beg the question.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by DanielPasono
So, because bad things happen there is no God?
Which bad things would you have God stop? Obviously, car accidents. What about murders? If murders, what about rapes? What about children getting horrible illnesses? If children's illnesses, what about illness in adults? Just where would you have Him draw the line?
And if He stops it all, He removes free ...[text shortened]... e, but it also allows hate (or in this case, recklessness). Which would you prefer?

Daniel
A slippery slope in the good direction? That's a first! God prevents child molestation and genocide? What next? World peace? Can't have that now can we? LOL

And if He stops it all, He removes free will.

The first problem with this is that it does not follow that the removal of free will is a good argument for God allowing evil/suffering to persist. You are assuming that a world with free will and evil/suffering is better than one without free will and without evil/suffering.

The second, and most fundamental problem, is that your statement is false. If an agent who has chosen some action in a given state of the world could have chosen some other action in that exact state of the world then that agent is said to have free will. The choice set of the agent only needs two elements. It does not depend upon whether the choice is over a moral/immoral action.

For example, if I go to the ice cream shop and ask for a scoop of vanilla, then I have free will if I could have chosen not to ask for a scoop of vanilla. Here the ice cream selection (or decision not select ice cream at all) has no moral implications.

Finally, what does preventing illness have to do with inhibiting free will? Are you saying that God would be restricting the free will of bacteria and viruses?

S

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by Darfius
This is called argument by outrage. It's fallacious.

Oh well, I guess it's better than when you skeptics beg the question.
No more than the invasion of Iraq after 9/11

D

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
WTF?

Children's ilnesses are not a matter of free will.

So please don't patronise me with your god nonsense. If god gave my son pain he doesn't deserve my respect. But I have no contempt for god, no feelings at all for god, apart from a sincere belief that there is no god.
Nor did I say they were.
I asked where the poster would like God to draw the line on stopping bad things from happening. Child illness was a possible place to draw that line. The only link in my response to free will was that, if God removed all bad things from happening, He would also remove free will.

Why are you convinced there is no God? What makes you so sure?

Daniel

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by DragonFriend
Nor did I say they were.
I asked where the poster would like God to draw the line on stopping bad things from happening. Child illness was a possible place to draw that line. The only link in my response to free will was that, if God removed all bad things from happening, He would also remove free will.

Why are you convinced there is no God? What makes you so sure?

Daniel
Why are you using a second account?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by telerion
Why are you using a second account?
Free will. Ain't it grand?

S

Moves
07 Jan 06