1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 11:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

God obtained a man to express Himself and have dominion on behalf of Himself over His creation. And especially over "every creeping thing" which hints of the enemies of God left over from a previous pre-adamic rebellion.
    Sorry, but I find that last part a little disingenuous. I don't think 'creeping things' hints at that at all, especially when read in context. (God creates the things that 'creeps on the ground' and saw that it was good).

"God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

'Creeping' is an emotive word that you have given meaning that I don't think is biblically supported. - You would certainly be on my back if I said certain terminology in the bible hinted towards things that were not substantiated in the text provided.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 14:474 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    My reply will be tailored to the subject matter.

Sorry, but I find that last part a little disingenuous. I don't think 'creeping things' hints at that at all, especially when read in context. (God creates the things that 'creeps on the ground' and saw that it was good).

Some readers might raise this objection. And I recognize some apparent logic in the objection. However, the scorpions and the serpents were used by the God-man Christ as symbols of the forces of Satan. And naturally speaking they too, of course, are creatures God created.

"Behold, I have given you the authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

However do not rejoice in t his, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in the heavens." (Luke 19:19,20)

Jesus Christ used these "creeping things" such as scorpions and snakes here to mean to His people evil "spirits".

Yes, i agree with you that "creeping things" there on one level seems just mundane and benign other living things. But there is ground to suspect in the whole scheme of revelation what is signified there hints at the spiritual enemies of God.

Notice that after "all the earth" there should be a conclusion. For "all the earth" would of course mean the planet and everything in it. Yet there is this phrase after - "and every creeping thing which creeps upon the earth".

" And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion

over the fish of the sea
    and over the birds of heaven
    and over the cattle
    and over ALL THE EARTH ..."

Then we have this little phrase which seems to highlight a matter in addition to all that should be summed up in the phrase "ALL THE EARTH" ...

" ... and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."

You continue:

"God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Yes, on one level God saw all that He made was "very good."
    But what I think we miss in verse 31 that what was really "very good" is that man had dominion. He did not say all was "very good" until He had a MAN on earth to represent Him and have dominion over the earth and the creeping things.

The transcendent God's anticipation of all that would take place informs even in Genesis chapters 1 and 2, profound matters of His economy. Just reading Genesis alone we would not realize much. The rest of the revelation of the Bible helps us.

For example, you know the serpent signifies Satan in chapter three. But there is nothing explicitly mentioned about Satan in Genesis 3. It merely says at that stage -

"Now the serpent was more crafty than every other animal of the field which Jehovah God had made, And he said to the woman,

Did God say, You shall not eat of any tree of the garden?" (Gen. 3:1)

And you know this "serpent" has been always slandering God's word and causing man to doubt God's heart towards man. The "serpent" in the whole scheme of revelation is "the old serpent, the Devil and Satan, he who deceives the whole inhabited earth." (Rev. 12:9)

And in His creation He has certainly provided some created beings which help us to learn of profound matters, by way of pictures.

This matter is like - "If you are able to receive it ...".
    Yet plain teaching conveys the meaning of the pictures we treat allegorically.

'Creeping' is an emotive word that you have given meaning that I don't think is biblically supported.

What I think is shown in picture is not without plain teaching elsewhere to reveal the same things. If you cannot go with the symbolism, it is not a great loss. The same can be seen in straightforward apostolic teaching.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 14:591 edit
    From The Glorious Church by Watchman Nee. Here is a helpful note on Genesis 1:26

My bolding on this link http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n

Some may ask: Why doesn't God Himself cast Satan into the bottomless pit or the lake of fire? Our answer is: God can do it, but He does not want to do it Himself. We do not know why He will not do it Himself, but we do know how He is going to do it. God wants to use man to deal with His enemy, and He created man for this purpose. God wants the creature to deal with the creature. He wants His creature man to deal with His fallen creature Satan in order to bring the earth back to God. The man whom He created is being used by Him for this purpose.

Let us read Genesis 1:26 again: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth..." It seems that the sentence is finished here, but another phrase is added: "...and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Here we see that the creeping things occupy a very great position, for God spoke of it after He finished mentioning "all the earth." The implication is that in order for man to have dominion over all the earth, the creeping things must not be overlooked, for God's enemy is embodied in the creeping things. The serpent in Genesis 3 and the scorpions in Luke 10 are creeping things. Not only is there the serpent, representing Satan, but also scorpions, representing the sinful and unclean evil spirits. The domain of both the serpent and the scorpion is this earth. The problem is on the earth.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 16:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    With your views on the Trinity, tread carefully. You should be wary of acknowledging that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit might have occasion to all sit on the one "throne" at the same time.
    There will be more than one throne doofus; it's a bit like Cair Paravel.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 17:53
    Originally posted by sonship
    When I finish writing to this thread I hope what will be accomplished:

1.) Some will realize what a unspeakable honor it is to be a human.

2.) How significant human beings are in the universe.

3.) How significant that God became a man.

4.) How much God wants many human beings to FOLLOW Christ BY MEANS of Christ's salvation to JOIN Him.

5.) There is a God-man on the throne of the universe.
    1. Compared to animals, maybe. Compared to what humans will become in the New Jerusalem .. no honour there. Flesh and Blood is nothing, will be destroyed and cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. Those welcomed into the Kingdom of God will take on a new body fashioned like that of Christ. This will take place in the regeneration, and has not yet happened.

2. Insignificant. There must be billions of inhabited planets out there with humans in it. God did not stop making humans after he finished creating life on the Earth, neither was Earth the first one.

3. God never became man. God sent his Son Jesus to be half-man. Born of human mother, fathered by the Holy Spirit,

4. God wants people to follow Christ. by any means.

5. The Son of God is destined to be on the throne of David for a thousand years, not the throne of the universe ... that is more fiction by your church. After the thousand yrs he is will rule under God.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 18:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    1. Compared to animals, maybe. Compared to what humans will become in the New Jerusalem .. no honour there. Flesh and Blood is nothing, will be destroyed and cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. Those welcomed into the Kingdom of God will take on a new body fashioned like that of Christ. This will take place in the regeneration, and has not yet happened.

2 ...[text shortened]... erse ... that is more fiction by your church. After the thousand yrs he is will rule under God.
    Did God send other sons to be half-men on these other inhabited planets?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 18:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Did God send other sons to be half-men on these other inhabited planets?
    Most likely.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 22:23
    Most likely.
    Thank you. That's made my day. I don't know why but ..lol
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 22:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thank you. That's made my day. I don't know why but ..lol
    What part exactly made your day.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 23:40
    There must be billions of inhabited planets out there with humans in it. God did not stop making humans after he finished creating life on the Earth, neither was Earth the first one.

3. God never became man. God sent his Son Jesus to be half-man. Born of human mother, fathered by the Holy Spirit,

4. God wants people to follow Christ. by any means.

...[text shortened]... erse ... that is more fiction by your church. After the thousand yrs he is will rule under God.
    I've come to realise that you are as 'off piste' as sonship.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 23:42
    Rajk999 are you, honestly, a Christian?
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 00:59
    I wonder - if there are theists on other planets, in what ways must they be "human beings" and in what ways must their theism be consistent with that which you seek to impart in this thread?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 01:04
    Originally posted by JS357
    I wonder - if there are theists on other planets, in what ways must they be "human beings" and in what ways must their theism be consistent with that which you seek to impart in this thread?
    What??
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 01:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Rajk999 are you, honestly, a Christian?
    Have i said something contrary to what Jesus said?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 08:17
    Have i said something contrary to what Jesus said?
    I asked you a straightforward question which I would like a forthright and honest answer to please.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree