1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 19:57
    Do any of you christians notice that there are many atheists around here who seem to love ripping into christian belief but as soon as you fight back and suggest that they might have some contradictions to think about themselves they get all offended as if their noses have been put out of joint? I've come to the conclusion that some (not all) can dish it out but as soon as it gets rough they can't take it. Has this been your experience?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 20:41
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Do any of you christians notice that there are many atheists around here who seem to love ripping into christian belief but as soon as you fight back and suggest that they might have some contradictions to think about themselves they get all offended as if their noses have been put out of joint? I've come to the conclusion that some (not all) can dish it out but as soon as it gets rough they can't take it. Has this been your experience?
    the atheists try to make this image of themselves that they have a higher intelligence than theists, as if they are God or something but the fact of the matter is that an atheists doesn't know anymore than a theist about how things began.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 20:49
    Atheists don't have a system of belief that requires one to try to reconcile contradictions. What are you talking about?
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 20:49
    Sure, some Christians have innate human flaws, and Christianity has its own share of flaws. Sure, some atheists have innate human flaws, and atheism has its share of flaws, too.

But we must just accept and tolerate one another's beliefs and move on.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 20:50
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    the atheists try to make this image of themselves that they have a higher intelligence than theists, as if they are God or something but the fact of the matter is that an atheists doesn't know anymore than a theist about how things began.
    We do tend to have higher intelligence than theists. It's been quite conclusively demonstrated.

http://kspark.kaist.ac.kr/Jesus/Intelligence%20&%20religion.htm
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 20:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    We do tend to have higher intelligence than theists. It's been quite conclusively demonstrated.

http://kspark.kaist.ac.kr/Jesus/Intelligence%20&%20religion.htm
    atheists make bizarre conclusions about how life began, theism is no less of a fairy tale than the big bang THEORY is.
  7. Grantham, UK
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 21:30
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    atheists make bizarre conclusions about how life began, theism is no less of a fairy tale than the big bang THEORY is.
    Go and look up what a scientific theory is, it is not just an idea. Also, most atheists make no conclusions about how life begin, but we can live with the fact that we don't know.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 23:09
    Since the truth we christians promote is spiritual and is spiritually discerned by those who possess the spirit of God, how can we expect the unbeliever to comprehend spiritual things?

Now I fully expect to get ripped for saying that, because the unbeliever is naturally going to assume that I am saying they're stupid.

I don't think anyone is stupid. Ignorant maybe, but certainly not stupid. As a matter of fact, I'm quite certain that just about everyone posting in this forum is more intelligent than me. I just don't think it's fair for them to insult my intelligence just because I say God is my father, and communicates with me spiritually.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 23:36
    No, that has not been my experience at all. My experience tells me that atheists are very nice and agreeable people, while christians are dumb and nasty. And they smell bad, too.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 00:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Atheists don't have a system of belief that requires one to try to reconcile contradictions. What are you talking about?
    Really, how do you get everything from nothing?
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 00:55
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Sure, some Christians have innate human flaws, and Christianity has its own share of flaws. Sure, some atheists have innate human flaws, and atheism has its share of flaws, too.

But we must just accept and tolerate one another's beliefs and move on.
    Why? 🙂
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 00:59
    Originally posted by DazzlerUK
    Go and look up what a scientific theory is, it is not just an idea. Also, most atheists make no conclusions about how life begin, but we can live with the fact that we don't know.
    Yea, when speaking how it all begun if you look at the time before the
    big bang there are a lot of "it is illogical to think about it since time
    wasn’t there either" it isn't like there are not issues with atheist beliefs
    it is only that they don't like thinking or talking with theists.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 01:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yea, when speaking how it all begun if you look at the time before the
    big bang there are a lot of "it is illogical to think about it since time
    wasn’t there either" it isn't like there are not issues with atheist beliefs
    it is only that they don't like thinking or talking with theists.
    Kelly
    Hold on there Kelly, you know better than that.
    Atheism is not science. Don't confuse the two.
  14. Australia
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 01:23
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Really, how do you get everything from nothing?
    Kelly
    Atheism is the absence of belief in deities KJ, it says nothing about requiring proof of how and why we exist. This question is irrelevant.

As an atheist you can be happy with the fact that current knowledge cannot explain everything, as opposed to requiring an imaginary friend to fill in the gaps.

Or are you just fishing to bang on about the your belief is no different than my belief broken record again.......😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 03:16
    Such as?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree