think of one - poll

think of one - poll

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by WWindmill
You act like a fool who thinks people here are in charge of who enters the fantasy fairyland of heaven and hell.
Ever heard of satire?

T

Moves
05 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
A text without a context is a pretense.

You quote verses and assign meaning without the context from which they appear all the time.

You are the master of pretense.
Just because you make accusations doesn't make them true.

You seem to do little more than make accusations and name-call.

Explain the following:

John 8:32-36
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, 'You will become free'?"
Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

T

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
Ok , so it's a hypothetical situation but entirely realistic and reasonable. But if it were a real situation what would your answer be?

Have you no response or answer?

I do know people (and I'm sure you do) who are very similar to my "friend" who have not overcome sin in it's entirety. What hope do you hold for them?

As of yet you have not. ...[text shortened]... is an evasion tactic or are you really that intolerant and perfectionist about people?
My response would be the response I've been giving:

"Why is it about what you want?"

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Just because you make accusations doesn't make them true.

You seem to do little more than make accusations and name-call.

Explain the following:

John 8:32-36
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." Th ...[text shortened]... ; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."
The verses mean whatever you want then to mean. Which is my point.
You quote verses out of their context, and then expect me to tell you what they mean so you can argue about it.

Discussing the words of Jesus with you is futile until you acknowledge your glaring fault. Which is that you are only interested in what you say, and ignore simple questions like, 'have you stopped sinning'?

Since you like quoting Jesus as saying we have to stop sinning in order to be with God, then I think it is incumbent on you to answer the question. Until you do you have no credibility.

T

Moves
05 Jul 08

The verses mean whatever you want then to mean. Which is my point.
You quote verses out of their context, and then expect me to tell you what they mean so you can argue about it.

Discussing the words of Jesus with you is futile until you acknowledge your glaring fault. Which is that you are only interested in what you say, and ignore simple questions lik ...[text shortened]... n I think it is incumbent on you to answer the question. Until you do you have no credibility.
You made the accusation.

Explain it to me. Put it in context for me.

I've already offered my explanation.

Whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has no bearing on what Jesus said or meant. Is this too difficult a concept for you to wrap your mind around?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Jul 08

You made the accusation.

Whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has no bearing on what Jesus said or meant. Is this too difficult a concept for you to wrap your mind around?
"Whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has no bearing on what Jesus said or meant."

If Jesus meant what He said it does.

T

Moves
05 Jul 08
4 edits

[b]"Whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has no bearing on what Jesus said or meant."

If Jesus meant what He said it does.[/b]
Evidently it is too difficult a concept for you to wrap your mind around.

I notice that you still haven't been able to manage to do more than make accusations and name-call.

If you have an explanation, explain it. You accuse others of not posting anything of substance. Here's your chance to post something of substance yourself.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Jul 08
1 edit

My response would be the response I've been giving:

"Why is it about what you want?"
It's about me wanting my friend (and humanity) to be saved.

Go on, indulge me with an answer to my troubled mind. Is my friend likely to make it? Are you going to make it for that matter?

Have you actually got an answer?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Jul 08

Evidently it is too difficult a concept for you to wrap your mind around.

I notice that you still haven't been able to manage to do more than make accusations and name-call.

If you have an explanation, explain it. You accuse others of not posting anything of substance. Here's your chance to post something of substance yourself.
----ToO------------

But it won't matter , whatever he or I post and whatever thought we put into any post you simply do not engage with any of the issues.

I ask for a response of substance from you and very little is forthcoming.

T

Moves
05 Jul 08

It's about me wanting my friend (and humanity) to be saved.

Go on, indulge me with an answer to my troubled mind. Is my friend likely to make it? Are you going to make it for that matter?

Have you actually got an answer?
This answer to your "friend" would be the same as I gave you.

Are you really so self-centered that you cannot conceive of not being so? Are you really such a slave to your ego?

T

Moves
05 Jul 08

----ToO------------

But it won't matter , whatever he or I post and whatever thought we put into any post you simply do not engage with any of the issues.

I ask for a response of substance from you and very little is forthcoming.
This response is of substance. What lacks substance is the question you insist on asking.

"Whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has no bearing on what Jesus said or meant."

Evidently josephw isn't the only one having difficulty in wrapping his mind around this concept.

You continue to allow your hatred to get the best of you. It seems to have closed your mind to truth.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Jul 08

You made the accusation.

Whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has no bearing on what Jesus said or meant. Is this too difficult a concept for you to wrap your mind around?---ToO-------

I presume by this you mean that whether you have overcome sin yourself has no bearing on what he said or the basic logic of what you are saying?

This is interesting because you seem reluctant to address my points because you see me as "irrational" or " deceitful". However , even if this was true (which it isn't) then surely by your own logic it has "no bearing" on whether my posts have any validity.

You expect others to listen to your position and say that it should make no difference to us if you are sinning your brains out or not. However, you seem to disregard my posts on the basis of some dubious assessment of my charactor.

Not the loaded dice again!

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Jul 08

This answer to your "friend" would be the same as I gave you.

Are you really so self-centered that you cannot conceive of not being so? Are you really such a slave to your ego?
It 's not about what he can conceive or not it's about what he actually does and how his life actually is. He is very selfless and loves truth. He is one of the most compassionate men I know , however , he reacted sinfully for a few seconds when his dog yelped in pain.

He is not enslaved by his ego , his humanity is flawed and sometimes when he is tired his human nature causes him to react in certain ways. The jesus you portray implies that no-one following him truely will ever make a mistake or ever sin or need to go to him and ask for forgiveness. (is this true , can you clarify?).

So far all you have come up with is vague unclarified concepts (eg ego , sin , slavery , self centred) and selected verses form the NT. But there's no conection to anything real either within yourself or the real world so far.

Does your position have any relation to the real world at all?

T

Moves
05 Jul 08
1 edit

Whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has no bearing on what Jesus said or meant. Is this too difficult a concept for you to wrap your mind around?---ToO-------

I presume by this you mean that whether you have overcome sin yourself has no bearing on what he said or the basic logic of what you are saying?

This is interesting because on the basis of some dubious assessment of my charactor.

Not the loaded dice again!
You ARE irrational.

You believe that God is both omniscient and not omniscient.

You believe what you want to believe without regard to logic and reason.

The fact that you are irrational has a very large and direct bearing on the validity of your posts.

Whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has no bearing on what Jesus said or meant.

I don't know what to say if you cannot comprehend the differences in these two situations. It's really quite fundamental.

T

Moves
05 Jul 08
1 edit

It 's not about what he can conceive or not it's about what he actually does and how his life actually is. He is very selfless and loves truth. He is one of the most compassionate men I know , however , he reacted sinfully for a few seconds when his dog yelped in pain.

He is not enslaved by his ego , his humanity is flawed and sometimes when he is or the real world so far.

Does your position have any relation to the real world at all?
Like usual you aren't interested in the "real world". You are interested in KM's world.

Try following the words of Jesus if you ever decide you want to understand the real world.