think of one - poll

think of one - poll

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Like usual you aren't interested in the "real world". You are interested in KM's world.

Try following the words of Jesus if you ever decide you want to understand the real world.
It's Ok you know , I wasn't really expecting a coherent answer . It's not about what you say really. What you are NOT saying is exposing the fragility of your position anyway.

The fact that you have no real world answers to any basic questions that relate to real people and real struggles with sin says it all. Your fake jesus exists on paper only , in some cyberworld of theory and concepts with no relation to your own life (apparaently).

You exhort me to try and follow the words of jesus and try I do. My experience of my own humanity and others is that it is very hard and that sometimes my humanity lets me down , even when I have the best intentions.

I have tried to relate these experiences to you but you don't seem interested in them or anyone else's , neither do you share anything of your own real world experiences.

You then exhort me to follow jesus without seemingly feeling any inclination to say whether you have tried or done the same.

You really are such a deeply split person. I feel hatred for your hyprocrisy but compassion for you because behind such hypocrisy must be a very hurt and fragile personality. I only wish you realised that you are much stronger than this and that you don't have to hide behind your mantras. You can come out any time you like. It might get messy and confusing but you won't die , I promise!

T

Moves
05 Jul 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
It's Ok you know , I wasn't really expecting a coherent answer . It's not about what you say really. What you are NOT saying is exposing the fragility of your position anyway.

The fact that you have no real world answers to any basic questions that relate to real people and real struggles with sin says it all. Your fake jesus exists on paper only , ...[text shortened]... me out any time you like. It might get messy and confusing but you won't die , I promise!
Try following the words of Jesus if you ever decide you want to understand the real world.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Jul 08

You've left your autoreply program running.

You do know of course that by just not answering any questions you not only undermine your own position but also cheat yourself.

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 Jul 08

Do you believe Jesus?

John 8:31
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me,'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven"
Certainly I do.

T

Moves
06 Jul 08
2 edits

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Certainly I do.
If you believe Jesus, then follow His teachings, i.e., follow His word.

Where you are able to perfectly "discern when Paul is correctly teaching what Jesus taught", you will have the teachings of Jesus.

Where you are unable to perfectly "discern when Paul is correctly teaching what Jesus taught", you will not have the teachings of Jesus.

At best, you will have the teachings of Jesus. Ask yourself of what relevance are the teachings of Paul.

Jesus teaches salvation through righteousness, i.e., following the will of God. If you continue to sin, are you following the will of God?

John 14:21-24
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself unto him. Judas (not Iscariot) saith unto him, Lord, what is come to pass that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my words

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
06 Jul 08
1 edit

If you believe Jesus, then follow His teachings, i.e., follow His word.

Where you are able to perfectly "discern when Paul is correctly teaching what Jesus taught", you will have the teachings of Jesus.

Where you are unable to perfectly "discern when Paul is correctly teaching what Jesus taught", you will not have the teachings of Jesus.

At best, ...[text shortened]... will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my words
Jesus taught his disciples to expect that he would give them the right words at the right time in certain situations ("on that day do not worry about what you will say......I will give you the words" )

Therefore the teachings and instruction of Jesus transcend his death via the Holy Spirit. Jesus clearly teaches that he will be amongst his followers after his death (" when he the comforter comes he will guide you into all truth" , "when 2 or 3 are gathered in my name there will I be..." )

It's logical that his teachings go on beyond his earthly life , he said so himself.

St Paul preaches the real living Christ who is present amongst us all. You preach some fake jesus from selective passages who appears to be trapped in time.

Your jesus is too small and not grand enough to be the Son of the Living God. If jesus had really "manifested himself unto you" you would know this eternal truth , but unfortunately the living Christ appears to have eluded you. Your fake jesus just exists in some pages in a book.