Tireless worker who eases others' suffering, h...

Tireless worker who eases others' suffering, h...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
30 Dec 05

Originally posted by eagles54
Where may I read about the heavenly reward system? I'm very interested in it.
Everyone loves Amway.

d

Moves
30 Dec 05

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The issue in salvation is accepting what the Lord Jesus Christ did on the cross as your payment.

So I can not believe in your God, yet accept that Jesus died on the cross for my sins? Interesting.

If God calls a person who does not yield to Him, arrogant, what should I call the same person?

I'm guessing you should be more humble. But since your God doesn't exist, I guess that lets me off the arrogance hook.

If a person is caught in an especially vulgar faux pas.

Oh, do lighten up. It was a joke.

Perhaps I should have called you a pedophile?

As a joke, in context, I could probably handle that.

Nothing but love, stranger, nothing but love.

The tone of your posts gives you away, "sweetheart".

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Dec 05

Originally posted by dottewell
So I can not believe in your God, yet accept that Jesus died on the cross for my sins? Interesting.
Yeah: give that one a shot. Everyone on the face of the planet has a concept of God, so that is already a foregone conclusion. So much so, that a person's belief in God isn't even the issue in salvation; it is an assumed starting point, or step zero, as someone else posted herein.
Satan and the fallen angels believe in God, but that's not too much of a benefit for them, now is it?
God being perfect, could only devise a perfect salvation plan. That plan is only as strong as its weakest link. If the plan relies on anything man can do, the plan is compromised. Therefore, the issue in salvation is non-meritorious faith in the work that Jesus Christ did on the cross on each individual's behalf.

I'm guessing you should be more humble.
By all means, you first! As stated before, you don't know arrogance when it is staring at you in the mirror.

Oh, do lighten up. It was a joke.
So, THAT is your version of an apology?

The tone of your posts gives you away, "sweetheart".
Sounds like someone's feelings were hurt. Need a hug?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Dec 05

Where may I read about the heavenly reward system? I'm very interested in it.
Multiple passages refer to the same. Salvation first, of course.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Everyone loves Amway.
I'm just a little queasy about having a Neanderthal in my downline.

l

London

Moves
30 Dec 05

Multiple passages refer to the same.
References, references. We want references!

🙂

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
References, references. We want references!

🙂
Given this is a site mostly inhabited by un-believers, or, as some prefer to label themselves, non-God-botherers, I must invoke the rule of Matthew 7:6.

d

Moves
30 Dec 05

[b]So I can not believe in your God, yet accept that Jesus died on the cross for my sins? Interesting.
Yeah: give that one a shot. Everyone on the face of the planet has a concept of God, so that is already a foregone conclusion. So much so, that a person's belief in God isn't even the issue in salvation; it is an assumed starting point, or step zer ...[text shortened]... ves you away, "sweetheart".[/b]
Sounds like someone's feelings were hurt. Need a hug?[/b]
Everyone on the face of the planet has a concept of God, so that is already a foregone conclusion. So much so, that a person's belief in God isn't even the issue in salvation...

I said belief in your God, not "a concept of God". I could not believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins without believing in your God, now could I? Believing in your God is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition for going to Heaven, in your opinion.

God being perfect, could only devise a perfect salvation plan. That plan is only as strong as its weakest link. If the plan relies on anything man can do, the plan is compromised.

That does sound perfect. Perfectly arbitrary.

By all means, you first!

You are the Christian. Do the Christian thing.

So, THAT is your version of an apology?

I'm not apologising. Do try to keep up.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
30 Dec 05

[b]He teachs whoever is interested about how to attain peace by looking within at their own minds, the ground of all experience.

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

If your friend is teaching people things contrary to what God has revealed, n ...[text shortened]... rue friend would tell him the truth about God, so that the honorable man does not end ignobly.[/b]
I do believe that Jesus once said that "the kingdom of Heaven is inside of you." What this man is teaching doesn't seem to be at odds with that, wouldn't you say?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
30 Dec 05

I'm just a little queasy about having a Neanderthal in my downline.
Don't hold my looks against me.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
30 Dec 05

God being perfect, could only devise a perfect salvation plan.
How can a Perfect Being devise such an imperfect Universe? You are using words but not thinking what they mean. Perfection is something that can be strived for, but never achieved, as it's existence is only relative to somethings imperfections.

Your Religious dogma is clouding your judgement. What the man in question has achieved is true Tollerance. If the World is to become a better place, it won't happen as a result of Moralising about Christian values, bla bla bla. It will happen through 'Tolerance' and 'Compromise', nothing else. What happens after we die? I don't know, and to be honest, i don't care! What happens here is what's important and critisising a selfless individual because he isn't a Christian?? Get with the program fella!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Dec 05

Originally posted by marinakatomb
You are using words but not thinking what they mean.
Perhaps the thought is lost on you. I meant exactly what I said. Wait, I am dogmatic about what I said. Just like you, to wit:
Perfection is something that can be strived for, but never achieved, as it's existence is only relative to somethings imperfections.
The way to perfection is to strive for the unattainable. When you have not reached it, then you will know you have reached it, and you will not have arrived at the unarrivable, unless it is Thursday, in which case, Cheryl is off on Thursdays, so you will have to return then, to leave a message for her return, at such time, she will attain all receivables, and return your unwarranted perfection. Or, something really close to that. I think.
bla bla bla.
I like the name of your group. It rhymes with Sha-Na-Na. Can I be Bowser?
Get with the program fella!
God knows I'm trying!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Don't hold my looks against me.
The brow!
The Brow!
The BROW!

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
31 Dec 05

I personally know a Tibetan Buddhist monk who is now 72 years old. I've known him for about 8 years. Since he was a young man he has dedicated his life to easing others' suffering in many ways. He teachs whoever is interested about how to attain peace by looking within at their own minds, the ground of all experience.

He is scholarly in the appropriate ...[text shortened]... lbound because of any reason whatsoever, then so-called "heaven" is not worthy of the name.
According to the Christian Holy Bible, unless he seeks Jesus Christ as his personal savior, he will not see the Kingdom of God. Works, no matter how noble, do not get one into heaven. Alcapone was said to be a noble man and did goo works, Donald Trump does good things, but this alone will not get hin into the Kingdom of Heaven. Faith in Jesus as your savior and remission of your sins will get you into heaven no matter how bad a person you were. Jeffrey Damer, it was reported, repented and found Jesus; if this is true, he is in heaven. Bill Gates, on the other hand, if he doesn't receive Jesus as savior and repent, he cannot enter the kingdom of God...works DO NOT get you into heaven....the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Without faith, it is impossible to see God...simple as that...

e

Moves
31 Dec 05

Originally posted by chancremechanic
According to the Christian Holy Bible, unless he seeks Jesus Christ as his personal savior, he will not see the Kingdom of God.
Going to "heaven" is not his concern, chancremech. Tending to the needs of anyone, without exception, that requires his kindness and compassion, is.