To be a Christian....

To be a Christian....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i know what you think but it has nothing to do with my actual question.
I think your questions have nothing to do with what the passage is actually about.

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
I read the passage and realised that it is about true Christians. Don't you think it is too? What else can the "good trees" with their "good fruit" mean? The meaning of the passage could not be clearer.
i dont know, i am merely trying to ascertain what is explicitly stated in the passage and
what is not. Clearly the terms, christians, true christians, disciples of Christ, followers
of Christ is not present.

F

Moves
22 May 12

i dont know, i am merely trying to ascertain what is explicitly stated in the passage and
what is not. Clearly the terms, christians, true christians, disciples of Christ, followers
of Christ is not present.
The meaning of the passage could not be clearer.

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
I think your questions have nothing to do with what the passage is actually about.
Indeed why should we not be interested in what is explicitly stated and what is not,
please explain.

F

Moves
22 May 12

Indeed why should we not be interested in what is explicitly stated and what is not,
please explain.
If the "good trees" with their "good fruit" are not a clear reference to true Christians, then feel free to suggest what they do refer to.

rc

Moves
22 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The meaning of the passage could not be clearer.
clear to you, can you now tell us how you came to the conclusion that the trees
producing good fruit are true christians, not explicitly stated in the passage.

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
If the "good trees" with their "good fruit" are not a clear reference to true Christians, then feel free to suggest what they do refer to.
It is you who have asserted that they are true christians, please tell us how you came
to that conclusion, not explicitly stated in the passage.

F

Moves
22 May 12

clear to you, can you now tell us how you came to the conclusion that the trees
producing good fruit are true christians, not explicitly stated in the passage.
If for you the "good trees" does not refer to true Christians, then feel free to tell me what you think the words do refer to.

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
If for you the "good trees" does not refer to true Christians, then feel free to tell me what you think the words do refer to.
It is you who have asserted that they are true christians, please tell us how you came

F

Moves
22 May 12

The meaning of the passage could not be clearer. The meaning of "good trees" is perfectly clear to me. What do you think the "good trees" are?

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
The meaning of the passage could not be clearer. The meaning of "good trees" is perfectly clear to me. What do you think the "good trees" are?
again i an not asking what the meaning is nor am i proffering my own point of view,
what I am asking is how you came to that conclusion,

btw are you feeling well, you seem to be having some difficulty answering rather clear
and unambiguous questions or even comprehending what it is i am asking, perhaps its
the heat.

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
Again i an not asking what the meaning is nor am i proffering my own point of view,

btw are you feeling well, you seem to be having some difficulty answering rather clear
and unambiguous questions or even comprehending what it is i am asking, perhaps its
the heat.

F

Moves
22 May 12

again i an not asking what the meaning is nor am i proffering my own point of view,
I simply read the passage. I have been familiar with it for at least 40 years. I don't have any difficulty understanding what it clearly says and clearly refers to. If you want to keep your interpretation of it secret or private, by all means do.

rc

Moves
22 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I simply read the passage. I have been familiar with it for at least 40 years. I don't have any difficulty understanding what it clearly says and clearly refers to. If you want to keep your interpretation of it secret or private, by all means do.
so you simply read the passage and concluded that it must be a reference to true
christians, although not explicitly stated in the passage. Interesting and you provide as
collateral your familiarity with it for the last forty years, also interesting. Its like the
policeman who gives a character witness of himself before a court of law and provides
as evidence of his good intentions and virtuous character the fact that he's been a
policeman for the past twenty five years.

So let us understand it clearly, you researched nothing, looked at no other
commentaries and simply decided for yourself that yes, it must be a reference to true
Christians. thank you for your honesty! wanna buy a rolex?

F

Moves
22 May 12

so you simply read the passage and concluded that it must be a reference to true
christians, although not explicitly stated in the passage. Interesting and you provide as
collateral your familiarity with it for the last forty years, also interesting. Its like the
policeman who gives a character witness of himself before a court of law and pro ...[text shortened]... s, it must be a reference to true
Christians. thank you for your honesty! wanna buy a rolex?
Not sure why you're getting a wee bit snide, robbie. There's no rancour felt at all at this end. None whatsoever. The issue is the meaning of the passage, not whether or not you are satisfied with the meaning I glean from it. If you believe that "good trees" refers to something other that true Christians, why not just say so?