To be a Christian....

To be a Christian....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
It doesn't need to be explicit. It is absolutely clear that the "good trees" refers to followers of Christ.
please answer the question,

are you willing to state that as the passage does not explicitly mention true christians,
disciples of Christ or his followers in any capacity that what you think is therefore the
result of and has its basis in an inference.

F

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
it might be implicit if the passage actually mentioned christians, disciples, Jesus
followers etc etc but sadly its bereft.
You don't seem to understand the word "implicit".

F

Moves
22 May 12

are you willing to state that as the passage does not explicitly mention true christians,
disciples of Christ or his followers in any capacity that what you think is therefore the
The true Christians are the "good trees" and you will know them by their "fruit". Clearly. I understand that you cannot see it, but it's OK.

rc

Moves
22 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The true Christians are the "good trees" and you will know them by their "fruit". Clearly. I understand that you cannot see it, but it's OK.

disciples of Christ or his followers in any capacity and what you think is therefore the

F

Moves
22 May 12

you have been caught red handed FMF trying to impose your opinion on scripture where none exists in the passage...
I am not trying to "impose" anything on anybody or anything.

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am not trying to "impose" anything on anybody or anything.
clearly if its not explicitly mentioned in the passage, you have done just that.

F

Moves
22 May 12

disciples of Christ or his followers in any capacity and what you think is therefore the
The true Christians are the "good trees". You will know them by their "good fruit". To me it's clear. You clearly think otherwise.

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
You don't seem to understand the word "implicit".

F

Moves
22 May 12

clearly if its not explicitly mentioned in the passage, you have done just that.
"Interpreting" is not "imposing" anything. If you HAD to agree with me, then I would be "imposing" on you.

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
The true Christians are the "good trees". You will know them by their "good fruit". To me it's clear. You clearly think otherwise.
this is not my question, i am not asking what you think the trees represent i am asking
you to state if your opinions have their basis in an inference, that is not something
explicitly stated in the passage.

F

Moves
22 May 12

To me it's perfectly clear. The "good trees" clearly refer to true Christians by way of contrast with "false prophets". You can tell the difference by their "fruit".

rc

Moves
22 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
"Interpreting" is not "imposing" anything. If you HAD to agree with me, then I would be "imposing" on you.
yes you are correct i retract my assertion of imposing your opinion on scripture.

F

Moves
22 May 12

this is not my question, i am not asking what you think the trees represent i am asking
you to state if your opinions have their basis in an inference, that is not something
The true Christians are the "good trees"; seems completely clear to me. I understand that you don't think so.

rc

Moves
22 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
To me it's perfectly clear. The "good trees" clearly refer to true Christians by way of contrast with "false prophets". You can tell the difference by their "fruit".
you to state if your opinions have their basis in an inference, that is, something not

rc

Moves
22 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The true Christians are the "good trees"; seems completely clear to me. I understand that you don't think so.
this is not my question, please answer my question.

Do your opinions have their basis in an inference, that is, something not explicitly
stated in the passage.