To My Christion Friends

To My Christion Friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
If you were facing death row and someone offered to take your punishment and your place at the gallows would you accept it or not?
The relevant question is, would it be "justice" for a person who didn't do the crime to be punished in the place of the person that did? And I cannot see how it would be. You need to address that. You have been trying hard not to since you raised it a page or two ago.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Jesus took our punishment upon himself.
Sounds like some kind of cousin-of-circular logic.

Everyone will be punished. But Jesus was punished for me. So I won't be punished.

Judging from your evasive posts elsewhere, you are not able to explain this in a way that isn't just stringing slogans together.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The relevant question is, would it be "justice" for a person who didn't do the crime to be punished in the place of the person that did? And I cannot see how it would be. You need to address that. You have been trying hard not to since you raised it a page or two ago.
Assuming God exists, what is more important, your view of justice or His view of justice? I see you dodged the question I asked you, if Jesus really did exist and really did die for your sins so that you could be saved from the wrath of God, on what basis would you reject His sacrifice for you?

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Sounds like some kind of cousin-of-circular logic.

Everyone will be punished. But Jesus was punished for me. So I won't be punished.

Judging from your evasive posts elsewhere, you are not able to explain this in a way that isn't just stringing slogans together.
You can make things sound like anything you want. I will ask you again, if Jesus did really die so that your sins may be forgiven, on what basis would you reject His sacrifice for you?

F

Moves
24 May 17

I see you dodged the question I asked you, if Jesus really did exist and really did die for your sins so that you could be saved from the wrath of God, on what basis would you reject his sacrifice for you?
This is a typically gimmicky question from you. if I believed Jesus really did exist and really did die for my sins so that I could be saved from the wrath of God ~ and if all this stuff made sense to me ~ what makes you think I would reject his "sacrifice" for me?

F

Moves
24 May 17

I will ask you again, if Jesus did really die so that your sins may be forgiven, on what basis would you reject His sacrifice for you?
This is a stupid question.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
This is a typically gimmicky question from you. if I believed Jesus really did exist and really did die for my sins so that I could be saved from the wrath of God ~ and if all this stuff made sense to me ~ what makes you think I would reject his "sacrifice" for me?
Of course you simply label every question that you don't want to answer as a gimmick. Nothing new there.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
This is a stupid question.
Of course you will call it stupid if you cannot answer it.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Assuming God exists, what is more important, your view of justice or His view of justice?
I am trying to get you to explain your alternative [you say it's "God's", but I want you to take responsibility for what you propagate rather than delegate it to a supernatural entity] definition of "justice". How many times have I asked you on the last few pages? You seem determined not to address it.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am trying to get you to explain your alternative [you say it's "God's", but I want you to take responsibility for what you propagate rather than delegate it to a supernatural entity] definition of "justice". How many times have I asked you on the last few pages? You seem determined not to address it.
I believe God exists. So if God says it's justice, which I believe he does, then it's good enough for me. There you have it. Now are you doing to answer the question you have been dodging?

F

Moves
24 May 17

Of course you will call it stupid if you cannot answer it.
Your question is akin to this one: If Hinduism really were the true path to God and you believed it to be so because you knew it to be so, on what basis would you reject it as being the true path to God?

F

Moves
24 May 17

I believe God exists. So if God says it's justice, which I believe he does, then it's good enough for me.
But how does that make it good enough for a conversation about justice with me?

F

Moves
24 May 17

Now are you doing to answer the question you have been dodging?
I think I have answered all your questions so far.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Your question is akin to this one: If Hinduism really were the true path to God and you believed it to be so because you knew it to be so, on what basis would you reject it as being the true path to God?
Ok tell me this, on what basis do you reject the death of Jesus on the cross to appease for our sins?

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
But how does that make it good enough for a conversation about justice with me?
Tell me then why Jesus dying on the cross for our sins in not justice in your opinion.