To My Christion Friends

To My Christion Friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Ok tell me this, on what basis do you reject the death of Jesus on the cross to appease for our sins?
I find it incoherent ~ something that has been rather confirmed by your intellectual behaviour on this thread so far. It has even occurred to me that, deep down, you might not find it entirely coherent either. You certainly seem unable to explain it.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Tell me then why Jesus dying on the cross for our sins in not justice in your opinion.
You need to tell me why you think it is.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I find it incoherent ~ something that has been rather confirmed by your intellectual behaviour on this thread so far. It has even occurred to me that, deep down, you might not find it entirely coherent either. You certainly seem unable to explain it.
So if someone offered to take your place at the gallows and the judge were willing to accept it you would reject their offer on the basis that it were incoherent? 🙄

You never cease to surprise me FMF.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You need to tell me why you think it is.
1. Sin requires punishment.
2. I have sinned.
2. Justice means sin is punished.
3. Jesus willingly took my sin upon himself.
4. Therefore Jesus was punished.
5. My sin was punished therefore justice occurred.

F

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

So if someone offered to take your place at the gallows and the judge were willing to accept it you would reject their offer on the basis that it were incoherent?
The question is, how can this scenario be credibly described as "justice"? For whom is it "justice"? The victim of the crime? The family of the innocent substitute? You won't say.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
The question is, how can this scenario be credibly described as "justice"? For whom is it "justice"? The victim of the crime? The family of the innocent substitute? You won't say.
The question is would you accept their offer or not?

F

Moves
24 May 17

3. Jesus willingly took my sin upon himself.
4. Therefore Jesus was punished.
5. My sin was punished therefore justice occurred.
This does not make any sense. They are like slogans.

Jesus was "punished" for something he didn't do?

You not being "punished" is "justice"?

How so?

F

Moves
24 May 17

The question is would you accept their offer or not?
I need to know how your scenario relates to the concept of "justice".

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
This does not make any sense. They are like slogans.

Jesus was "punished" for something he didn't do?

You not being "punished" is "justice"?

How so?
If someone offered to take your place at the gallows and the judge approved, would you reject their offer on the basis that it did not make sense?

F

Moves
24 May 17

If you were facing death row and someone offered to take your punishment and your place at the gallows would you accept it or not?
No I don't think so. Certainly not if the person was a relative or someone I knew. And not if the person was innocent of any crime and I deserved my punishment. I would accept a pardon however. And I would accept the forgiveness of my victim's family too.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
I need to know how your scenario relates to the concept of "justice".
It is a straightforward yes or no question. We can continue the discussion once you have answered it.

F

Moves
24 May 17

If someone offered to take your place at the gallows and the judge approved, would you reject their offer on the basis that it did not make sense?
The issue here is that your gimmicky analogy does not make sense.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
No I don't think so. Certainly not if the person was a relative or someone I knew. And not if the person was innocent of any crime and I deserved my punishment. I would accept a pardon however. And I would accept the forgiveness of my victim's family too.
Say you committed a murder, would the victims of the murder be happy if you just got a pardon and walked away scot free?

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
The issue here is that your gimmicky analogy does not make sense.
Why doesn't it make sense?

F

Moves
24 May 17

Why doesn't it make sense?
How does it relate to "justice"?