To My Christion Friends

To My Christion Friends

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
24 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Well why don't you explain it? A lengthy copy paste is obviously not what is called for in this conversation.
Here is the crux of it.

He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

Why would God allow an innocent man to suffer like this?

Of course, Jews don't accept that this was in reference to Jesus. Who they think it is reference to I have no idea. Either way, it begs the question as to why if it is not really needed for some reason.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by whodey
Why would God allow an innocent man to suffer like this?
You're right, it simply makes no sense.

And no one has got anywhere near explaining it on this thread.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Islam has the only half logical answer, if you can call it that, by saying that God put another poor sap in the place of Jesus to die.

Where they get this I have no idea, but then, it seems to be the only theology possible to explain why God would allow this to happen.
Er... OK. Islam. Ah ha. Thanks for that, but the questions you were replying to and did not address were these: So your ideology is that God had "His only begotten Son" ~ who was innocent ~ executed by humans in order "to satisfy God's justice"? What does "justice" mean in this bizarre scenario and what does "satisfy" mean?

w

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Er... OK. Islam. Ah ha. Thanks for that, but the questions you were replying to and did not address were these: So your ideology is that God had "His only begotten Son" ~ who was innocent ~ executed by humans in order "to satisfy God's justice"? What does "justice" mean in this bizarre scenario and what does "satisfy" mean?
Apparently you are unfamiliar with Christian theology.

F

Moves
24 May 17

Apparently you are unfamiliar with Christian theology.
Does this mean you don't want to explain your Christian theology even on a thread that invites you to do so?

w

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Does this mean you don't want to explain your Christian theology even on a thread that invites you to do so?
Your trolling gets old FMF.

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Why do you think it's good for people on death row to not be punished?
It you were on death row and there was a way for you to avoid punishment wouldn't you think it's a good thing?

F

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
It you were on death row and there was a way for you to avoid punishment wouldn't you think it's a good thing?
You said: Obviously a better scenario would be if everyone was on death row and one man who was blameless offered to take everyone's punishment.

And I replied: Why do you think it's good for people on death row to not be punished?

Do you simply not want to answer my question about what you claimed was "obviously a better scenario"?

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
So your ideology is that God had "His only begotten Son" ~ who was innocent ~ executed by humans in order "to satisfy God's justice"?

What does "justice" mean in this bizarre scenario and what does "satisfy" mean?
I have explained to you what I believe justice to be, if you disagree tell me why.

F

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

I have explained to you what I believe justice to be, if you disagree tell me why.
You said something along the lines of "justice" is whatever a supernatural being ~ that you just so happen to believe in ~ thinks or desires or does to whoever he wants . How can you possibly have any kind of meaningful discussion about what "justice" is with a non-superstitious person if that is the kind of rhetorical gymnastics you are using? You said something about how it "obviously is better" if everyone on death row was released without punishment. Explain the "justice" for the victims (for example) or for society (for example) in that?

F

Moves
24 May 17

How is this connected to the concepts of "justice" and "forgiveness" and "sin"? What do you think this has to do with the OP?

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
You said something along the lines of "justice" is whatever a supernatural being ~ that you just so happen to believe in ~ thinks or desires or does to whoever he wants . How can you possibly have any kind of meaningful discussion about what "justice" is with a non-superstitious person if that is the kind of rhetorical gymnastics you are using? You said somethin ...[text shortened]... hment. Explain the "justice" for the victims (for example) or for society (for example) in that?
I said justice relates to how well the laws of a judicial system are being administered. Do you agree with this or not?

How can you possibly have any kind of meaningful discussion about what "Godly justice" is with a religious person if keep on ignoring what they say?

F

Moves
24 May 17

I said justice relates to how well the laws of a judicial system are being administered. Do you agree with this or not?
The "judicial system" you described in which murderers were released without punishment and innocent people were executed in their place is not administering "justice" to my way of thinking. You already know what my definition of justice is.

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The "judicial system" you described in which murderers were released without punishment and innocent people were executed in their place is not administering "justice" to my way of thinking. You already know what my definition of justice is.
Justice is defined as the administration of law.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/justice

If God makes the law and rightfully administers it that is justice whether you would like to admit it or not.

F

Moves
24 May 17

How can you possibly have any kind of meaningful discussion about what "Godly justice" is with a religious person if keep on ignoring what they say?
The only meaningful thing I see in your contribution to this discussion of "justice" is that you are floundering. Once your slogans are ruffled, and your bizarre 'thought exercises' and analogies collapse under the weight of their own contrivance, you have nothing to offer but your wriggling and your pretentious evasions. Under questioning about the central conceit of your religion, you have nothing much more than 'my god says so' to offer.