1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 10:28
    In the "Is the trinity pagan" thread, RJHinds informed me directly that I was not a Chrisitan because I did not believe in the trinity doctrine.

This therefore means (in his world), that I am excluded from God's grace and subsequently I am not "beyond condemnation" and am to counted amoungst those to be damned, I must presume.

Do the other trinitarians here believe as RJ Hinds does?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 17:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In the "Is the trinity pagan" thread, RJHinds informed me directly that I was not a Chrisitan because I did not believe in the trinity doctrine.

This therefore means (in his world), that I am excluded from God's grace and subsequently I am not "beyond condemnation" and am to counted amoungst those to be damned, I must presume.

Do the other trinitarians here believe as RJ Hinds does?
    RJH spends a lot of time saying things that not only do I not agree with, but that offend my value systems. I believe in the concept of Trinity. But saying that you are not a Christian for not believing in the Trinity is one of those things he says that offend me.

But please try to remember that we are all sinners and fall short of the Glory of God. None of us are immune from this. We all just show it in different ways.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 17:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    RJH spends a lot of time saying things that not only do I not agree with, but that offend my value systems. I believe in the concept of Trinity. But saying that you are not a Christian for not believing in the Trinity is one of those things he says that offend me.

But please try to remember that we are all sinners and fall short of the Glory of God. None of us are immune from this. We all just show it in different ways.
    Do you believe in the three Ecumenical - Universal Creeds of the Christian Church - The Apostles' Creed, The Nicene Creed, The Athanasian Creed???

Or do you pick and choose what you wish to believe by leaning to your own understanding???

http://bookofconcord.org/creeds.php
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 17:32

I respect your beliefs even if I personally don't agree. That goes for all of us here.
    But one of many issues with the trinity is it's roots. RJH denies a connection at all most of the time with it's pagan counterparts but by every historian that is not swayed to this doctrine has proven it's origin. This can be seen by anyone that is willing to do the research.
    The Bible makes it very clear in it's history that this nation of Babylon is the seat of all false and even demonic religous beliefs, which many are still alive and well today.
    Just because the descriptions and pictures and opinions have been changed and altered, it's still the same trinity that the Babylonians concieved. A 3 in 1 being.
    Why wouldn't it be altered somewhat to be accepted by religions today? If it were still in the original package it was in from the Baylonians it probably wouldn't fly today.
    Plus the explination that it really can't be explained is the perfect excuse to pass it off as something we just have to accept and have faith in.
    So don't take this personal as it's not. It's the doctrine that is the problem. It's just not in the Bible and none of God's people in the Bible ever believed in such a concept.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 17:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you believe in the three Ecumenical - Universal Creeds of the Christian Church - The Apostles' Creed, The Nicene Creed, The Athanasian Creed???

Or do you pick and choose what you wish to believe by leaning to your own understanding???

http://bookofconcord.org/creeds.php
    One should believe in the Bible "first" which never mentions a trinity of any kind. That is where every Christian should start with the foundations of the truths in it. Then when one is confronted with other beliefs and doctrines, it should be deeply scrutinized to see if it completely agrees with the Bible's teachings.
    Just (((((((( 1 )))))))) thing wrong with it, and it's the leaven the Bible talks of not allowing into your beliefs.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 17:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I respect your beliefs even if I personally don't agree. That goes for all of us here.
    But one of many issues with the trinity is it's roots. RJH denies a connection at all most of the time with it's pagan counterparts but by every historian that is not swayed to this doctrine has proven it's origin. This can be seen by anyone that is willing to do the ...[text shortened]... n the Bible and none of God's people in the Bible ever believed in such a concept.
    What you don't seem to realize is that God has always existed as a complex plurality in one. God is not a simple one. For why would Moses use the plural form of the Hebrew word (Elohim) for God, if He was a simple one?

Remember, God said, "Let us make man in our image." Yet, Moses goes on to write God created man in His own image.

The pagans had some knowledge of God from the beginning but distorted the concept of God with their triads and three-headed god. It was the Son of God coming to Earth in the flesh that restored and declared the true identity of God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 17:551 edit
    One should believe in the Bible "first" which never mentions a trinity of any kind. That is where every Christian should start with the foundations of the truths in it. Then when one is confronted with other beliefs and doctrines, it should be deeply scrutinized to see if it completely agrees with the Bible's teachings.
    Just (((((((( 1 )))))))) thing wrong with it, and it's the leaven the Bible talks of not allowing into your beliefs.
    That is what you should do and stop reading Watchtower literature about who God is or isn't. Come out of this false religious cult.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 18:09
    What you don't seem to realize is that God has always existed as a complex plurality in one. God is not a simple one. For why would Moses use the plural form of the Hebrew word (Elohim) for God, if He was a simple one?

Remember, [b]God said, "Let us make man in our image."
    Yet, Moses goes on to write God created man in His own image.

The ...[text shortened]... he flesh that restored and declared the true identity of God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.[/b]
    Prove it..........
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 18:09
    That is what you should do and stop reading Watchtower literature about who God is or isn't. Come out of this false religious cult.
    lol.... The cult belief here is the trinity.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 18:261 edit
    Prove it..........
    You always ask for proof, but will not accept proof when it is given to you. So I present the Holy Bible (NKJV or NASB) for you to actually read and study without referring back to watchtower literature for indoctrination. In the Holy Bible you can find out about God and the three persons of the Godhead, the father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 18:27
    lol.... The cult belief here is the trinity.
    This is not funny. I am not making a joke.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 21:46

Although you are (so far here) a voice of one; I thank you for it. Some Christians I have respected the most are trinitarians.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '12 22:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Although you are (so far here) a voice of one; I thank you for it. Some Christians I have respected the most are trinitarians.
    Okay, so does that mean you respect me the most for being a trinitarian?
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Sep '12 02:03
    mark 12;28-

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength

The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

"Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.

To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

boy, this would've been a good time for jesus to interject...

"oh by the way, forget what i said about your god being one god. he's actually three in one. what a concept eh? but it's true. get used to it. one god; three persons. my pops, the holy spirit and myself, all co-equal, co-existing and co-eternal, so there."

instead, he says:

When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

imagine that. nothing about a trinity.
    in christ's religion however, having a belief in the pagan trinity might lead to damnation. since the trinity has nothing to do with anything christ said. ever. and the trinitarians still haven't found the trinity anywhere in the bible.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Sep '12 04:23
    Yes not only did Jesus never once mention that he was in fact a 3rd part of this godhead being, but from Moses to Paul, not one of them even hinted in such a god as that.
    Everyone only knew of a single God.
    If this three in one God did exist, someone somewhere in those thousands of years would have mentioned it at least once? Ya think?
    But no, it never showed up until the 4th century and then it was forced into the churches teachings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree