Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Oh they way you understand it? Don't "lean on your own understanding" my friend. It will never work with God and understanding him.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

This says nothing about the trinity. Jehovah is the name of the Father. Jesus is the ...[text shortened]... ame and never will as it is god's power he uses to accomplish all that he wills and plans.
I think you are being dsrespectful to the Holy Spirit. Would you like to apologize now or later?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
It seems that no one agrees with your view that a person is not a Christian unless they believe in the doctrine of the trinity. Manny has made his position clear also.

Are you going to stand by what you said?
Of course. With the Holy Spirit on my side -- WHO CAN STAND AGAINST ME?

HALLELUYAH !!! PRAISE THE LORD! HOLY! HOLY! HOLY!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Sep 12

Despite you and robbie backing each other to the often painful hilt, the truth is not identified through unanimous vote.
Never said it did..........

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think you are being dsrespectful to the Holy Spirit. Would you like to apologize now or later?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMtYr4wcvtw
Oh so now some other excuses come up....Very intertaining I still say.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Sep 12

No, we still do not have a 100% theological formula, even with all the Christian creeds.

Paul the apostle to the gentiles writes in Romans 10:

[b]Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
For they being ignorant of God’ ...[text shortened]... ieve what He said about everything, including God - The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit???[/b]
Sure....we understand by the light God gives us

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
Sure....we understand by the light God gives us

Manny
How do you know your not getting the wrong light? How does one prove the light is the correct light? The reason for this question is for example the trinity which if one would really step back and see the proof available from many sources that it not slightly taught in the Bible, but yet you and millions of others would bet your life on it.
How could such a strong belief actually be wrong if so many believe it?

A Misleading “Angel of Light”

"According to the Bible, there is a very simple answer. Posing as “an angel of light,” Satan the Devil has misled millions into following his teachings rather than God’s. (2 Corinthians 11:14) The apostle John showed that Satan’s influence is so extensive that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) John knew that Satan was “misleading the entire inhabited earth.”—Revelation 12:9.

What have been the consequences of this? Satan has promoted religious systems that on the surface appear to be holy. They have “a façade of ‘religion,’” but their true condition is exposed by the evil fruitage they produce. (2 Timothy 3:5, J. B. Phillips; Matthew 7:15-20) Instead of helping to solve mankind’s problems, religion actually becomes part of the problem.

Do not quickly dismiss that idea as being farfetched or unreasonable. Remember, the very nature of deception is that the one being deceived is unaware of it. The apostle Paul gave an example of this when he wrote: “The things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God.” (1 Corinthians 10:20) Those people would likely have been shocked to think that they were worshiping demons. They thought that they were worshiping a good god, or gods, of some kind. Yet, in reality they had been deceived by “wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places,” who support Satan in his efforts to mislead mankind.—Ephesians 6:12."

If one were truly wanting to serve God with truth and to make sure that what they believed were in fact really the truth, all the research possible should be done and more importantly pray to God with an open heart.
Also aways prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the entire Bible agrees in every scripture and verse with that teaching.....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

How do you know your not getting the wrong light? How does one prove the light is the correct light? The reason for this question is for example the trinity which if one would really step back and see the proof available from many sources that it not slightly taught in the Bible, but yet you and millions of others would bet your life on it.
How could s ...[text shortened]... w of a doubt that the entire Bible agrees in every scripture and verse with that teaching.....
The Watchtower Society and the New World Translation is the work of the Devil.

Moves
04 Sep 12

The Watchtower Society and the New World Translation is the work of the Devil.
It seems that no one agrees with your view that a person is not a Christian unless they believe in the doctrine of the trinity. Are you going to stand by what you said?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12
1 edit

It seems that no one agrees with your view that a person is not a Christian unless they believe in the doctrine of the trinity. Are you going to stand by what you said?
who cares about anyone else agreeing with me? I don't. I guess Jesus and me will be the only ones in Heaven then, huh?

Moves
04 Sep 12

who cares about anyone else agreeing with me? I don't.
I guess Jesus and me will be the only ones in Heaven then, huh?
Don't you know anyone at all who ageees with you then?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

Don't you know anyone at all who ageees with you then?
What does it matter?

Moves
04 Sep 12

What does it matter?
Well you are proclaiming that if people dont believe what you believe about the trinity, then they will be going to hell.

Have you found anyone who believes the same as you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

Well you are proclaiming that if people dont believe what you believe about the trinity, then they will be going to hell.

Have you found anyone who believes the same as you?
The church father that wrote the creeds agree with me and I suppose members of many churches do too.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 12

How could s ...[text shortened]... w of a doubt that the entire Bible agrees in every scripture and verse with that teaching.....
You sure are one ironic dude, Gman.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
You sure are one ironic dude, Gman.
And how am being ironic?