Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by sumydid
I started to say, "Trinitarians" instead of Christians. I guess I should have done that. My bad.

I'm sorry that you choose to spend your time worrying about me, just because I believe in God. How do you find the time to do anything [b]but
worry, seeing as how Atheists represent such a small fraction of humanity?[/b]
to be honest, i don't spend too much time about it. while atheist are a minority, the majority of "believers" aren't really believers. for the majority of "believers," it's just a social custom.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
16 Sep 12

Education is not education when it is inaccurate. Inaccurate education is called "misinformation" or in the case when it's intentional, "disinformation."

The bible doesn't say [b]anything
about a host of things, but that doesn't make them untrue.

The bible doesn't say anything about the strong correlation between the killing of Egypt's first-bor ...[text shortened]... k hard all my life to make a living. And yet, here I am. It's true nonetheless.[/b]
while the bible doesn't say everything about everything, it does say a host of things on what it takes to be "saved." it spells it right out in fact.

believing the trinity doctrine is not one of them. hence, there is no misinformation as you claim.

the misinformation would actually be found in the trinity doctrine. "very god of very god" nonsense.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Sep 12
1 edit

Education is not education when it is inaccurate. Inaccurate education is called "misinformation" or in the case when it's intentional, "disinformation."

The bible doesn't say [b]anything
about a host of things, but that doesn't make them untrue.

The bible doesn't say anything about the strong correlation between the killing of Egypt's first-born k hard all my life to make a living. And yet, here I am. It's true nonetheless.[/b]
It's clear that there are those who "make the Bible their Lord" in that they take the Bible literally word for word and anything that's not in there is a lie (even if they have to come up with their own Bible to substantiate their ideas). Your post more clearly delineates what I said on this point. Good job.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
It's clear that there are those who "make the Bible their Lord" in that they take the Bible literally word for word and anything that's not in there is a lie (even if they have to come up with their own Bible to substantiate their ideas). Your post more clearly delineates what I said on this point. Good job.
Do you feel the Bible should be taken as truth for every word it says? Would it not seem completely correct that if one were to worship God with 100% truthfulness, this is where one should start without any influance from man made thoughts or beliefs or doctrines? Right?
Then if one can without a doubt base their beliefs on what the Bible says you should be as close as possible believeing in what God has stated in the Bible, right?
And no matter what subject one is sure about, it should be backed up by the rest of the Bible. No contradictions, right?
This is a serious question and I'm hoping to get a serious honest answer.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
while the bible doesn't say everything about everything, it does say a host of things on what it takes to be "saved." it spells it right out in fact.

believing the trinity doctrine is not one of them. hence, there is no misinformation as you claim.

the misinformation would actually be found in the trinity doctrine. "very god of very god" nonsense.
It may be nonsense to you; but to those of us that believe, it is the truth that leads to eternal life.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
It may be nonsense to you; but to those of us that believe, it is the truth that leads to eternal life.

So is it "leads" to salvation or does it mean you are saved now?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
16 Sep 12
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
Do you feel the Bible should be taken as truth for every word it says? Would it not seem completely correct that if one were to worship God with 100% truthfulness, this is where one should start without any influance from man made thoughts or beliefs or doctrines? Right?
Then if one can without a doubt base their beliefs on what the Bible says you shou ...[text shortened]... tradictions, right?
This is a serious question and I'm hoping to get a serious honest answer.
I think Galveston should be answered in the same manner as he would answer others. As such, I hope this answers your question Galveston...

Bible
— n
1. a. the Bible the sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments and, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Apocrypha
b. ( as modifier ): a Bible reading
2. the English name for Tanach
3. ( often not capital ) any book containing the sacred writings of a religion
4. ( usually not capital ) a book regarded as authoritative: the angler's bible

[C13: from Old French, from Medieval Latin biblia books, from Greek, plural of biblion book, diminutive of biblos papyrus, from Bublos Phoenician port from which Greece obtained Egyptian papyrus]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Bible?s=t

Maybe also try applying a bit of common sense too!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by Agerg
I think Galveston should be answered in the same manner as he would answer others. As such, I hope this answers your question Galveston...

Bible
— n
1. a. the Bible the sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments and, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Apocrypha
b. ( as modifier ): a Bible reading
2. the English ...[text shortened]... dictionary.reference.com/browse/Bible?s=t

Maybe also try applying a bit of common sense too!
Or you could apply a little spiritual sense?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
16 Sep 12

1 Corinthians 1:10
Good News Translation (GNT)

Divisions in the Church
10 By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ I appeal to all of you, my friends, to agree in what you say, so that there will be no divisions among you. Be completely united, with only one thought and one purpose.

I'm just curious Manny how you justify what you just said ab ...[text shortened]... be christian. You all have your own thoughts and opinions on every subject we've spoke of.
God did not want us to be clones

In essentials we should be unified as Christians in other areas liberty.....Not to judge your brother in Africa because they do things differently culturally. That sums it up.
Your stuck on legalism fine be stuck but God said the law is perfect fail one time and you've failed utterly. Grace is the gift and the Law is to drive us into that gift. Legalism says "Don't Taste" "Don't Touch" the truth is none of these things will justify us before God. Asceticism (look that up) is not the path to God

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Sep 12

So is it "leads" to salvation or does it mean you are saved now?
I am being saved. My salvation will not be complete until I receive my new immortal body at the time of the first resurrection. Some Christians consider this hope of their ressurection so assured that they declare themselves saved already, even though, they are still awaiting the resurrection of a new immortal body to inhabit.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't know if they are being saved or not and they certainly have no assurance of salvation through their belief in the teachings of the watchtower.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
God did not want us to be clones

In essentials we should be unified as Christians in other areas liberty.....Not to judge your brother in Africa because they do things differently culturally. That sums it up.
Your stuck on legalism fine be stuck but God said the law is perfect fail one time and you've failed utterly. Grace is the gift and the Law is ...[text shortened]... s will justify us before God. Asceticism (look that up) is not the path to God

Manny
Sooooo you do't agree with that scripture? It does not say clones in the sense we are all still individuals Manny. I hope you know better but it is clearly a command that his followers ( within the congrgations" are all in "union and with no disagreement" with spiritual matters does it not? Think on that scripture for a couple days before you answer............. But if you disagree then you have a problem with being a Christian and what that means and the truth behind that scripture.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am being saved. My salvation will not be complete until I receive my new immortal body at the time of the first resurrection. Some Christians consider this hope of their ressurection so assured that they declare themselves saved already, even though, they are still awaiting the resurrection of a new immortal body to inhabit.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't ...[text shortened]... tainly have no assurance of salvation through their belief in the teachings of the watchtower.
So some think they are saved and others like yourself are working for that? So here again is another example of no unity in most christian churches and what they teach.
The reason I know how most believe on being saved is that most of my relatives that belong to other religions believe they are saved NOW and not much can change that and they will not even listen to any explinations from the Bible that clearly show no one is saved until it has been given to them by god in the future.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Sep 12
1 edit

So some think they are saved and others like yourself are working for that? So here again is another example of no unity in most christian churches and what they teach.
The reason I know how most believe on being saved is that most of my relatives that belong to other religions believe they are saved NOW and not much can change that and they will not e ...[text shortened]... he Bible that clearly show no one is saved until it has been given to them by god in the future.
Well, like I was trying to explain to you, it is only a matter or perception.

Yes, we Christains that truly believe on Christ are saved NOW as well as in the FUTURE.

I am not working on my salvation, because it is a free gift to whoever truly believes on Christ. I can not earn it by doing good works. I receive it as a free gift because of my faith in Christ, and it is due to this faith that causes me to do any works that God might consider good. I do not set out to do good works, for they come automatically.

I have that salvation NOW, however it will not be fully realized until Christ returns and I receive my new immortal body in the FUTURE.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
17 Sep 12
1 edit

Sooooo you do't agree with that scripture? It does not say clones in the sense we are all still individuals Manny. I hope you know better but it is clearly a command that his followers ( within the congrgations" are all in "union and with no disagreement" with spiritual matters does it not? Think on that scripture for a couple days before you answer..... ...[text shortened]... ve a problem with being a Christian and what that means and the truth behind that scripture.
Read my answer again. I said Christians should be unified by the common faith. However we live in a fallen world and there will be division. You would disfellowship a fellow believer in God for getting a blood transfusion now that is division if ever I saw division. Once again I would not disfellowship a believer in God for believing in the trinity or for not believing in the trinity. God knows the wheat from the tares not my job to judge on that level

Manny

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
to be honest, i don't spend too much time about it. while atheist are a minority, the majority of "believers" aren't really believers. for the majority of "believers," it's just a social custom.
Touché. I can't argue with that.