1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 15:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible records the truth about what is said, by Satan for example, but he speaks lies mixed with the truth. We must be careful not to interpret everything someone is reported to have said in the Holy Bible as being truth that we should obey, even though the Holy Bible records the truth. Do you undersatand my meaning now?
    I understand but it was a strange way to explain it. But that's not the point of my question.
    Do you believe that the Bible should have the same belief or idea that is said within it?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 16:27
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I understand but it was a strange way to explain it. But that's not the point of my question.
    Do you believe that the Bible should have the same belief or idea that is said within it?
    The Christian beliefs and ideas do come for what is said in the Holy Bible. This however, does not mean Christians must exclude all other ideas that are not stated in the Holy Bible, but just those contrary to it. This is were I would say belief in the theories of abiogenesis and evolution should be avoided. The theories of relativity, electicity, gravity are okay to believe, since they are not contradictory to what is said in the Holy Bible. Also giving blood transfusions or transplanting organs to save lives is not specifically spoken of in the Holy Bible. However, they are in keeping with the Biblical ideas of promoting an abundant life, so Christians should not object to them since Jesus said greater works shall you do.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 00:271 edit
    The Christian beliefs and ideas do come for what is said in the Holy Bible. This however, does not mean Christians must exclude all other ideas that are not stated in the Holy Bible, but just those contrary to it. This is were I would say belief in the theories of abiogenesis and evolution should be avoided. The theories of relativity, electicity, gravity ...[text shortened]... ndant life, so Christians should not object to them since Jesus said greater works shall you do.
    So when did "abstain from blood" evolve into, it's ok to put another humans blood into your body?
    This has gone from "do nothing with blood" except for sacrificial purposes from God's own words in more then one place in the Bible, to now using it for something God never even hinted for us to do. Who may I ask has made that decision and canceled out God's own words?

If God told you to not murder, but yet you go kill another human on some battle field ( as I know you would and think it is just fine to do ) do you have that right to go against God's words? Don'y kill means exactly what it says, DON'T KILL.

If God tells you not to commit fornication, but you feel it's ok to approve of homosexuality, who gives you that right to change what God has said not to do? DO NOT COMMIT FORNICATION means exactly that.

Are all these things "ok" just because the world says it's so?

And who said it's up to us to promote abundent life? God told us to have children and fill the earth and not to take anothers life, but we are not in control of human life in this sense we are speaking of with blood being put into another human.
    Yes we try all we can within the laws of God and of common sence to preserve life by all means. But God made that law of blood for many reasons. He is the creator of life and the taker of life as he sees fit. He says one's life is in their blood. We have no right to overstep God's authority over this issue of blood at all, thus he gave a simple but grave command to humans to ABSTAIN from it. No exceptions at all has he has given to this day.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 02:49
    So when did "abstain from blood" evolve into, it's ok to put another humans blood into your body?
    This has gone from "do nothing with blood" except for sacrificial purposes from God's own words in more then one place in the Bible, to now using it for something God never even hinted for us to do. Who may I ask has made that decision and canceled out God ...[text shortened]... o humans to ABSTAIN from it. No exceptions at all has he has given to this day.
    Logically, you have to be wrong for God also gave Moses the sacrificial system that required the killing of many animals. David killed a lion and a bear that threatened his sheep. God commaned the army of israel to kill their enemies in battle. God also allow man to kill certain animals for food. Jesus helped catch fish that were to be eaten. Jesus clarified that law as meaning not to kill ones neighbor in anger, or in other words, not to murder. So you see, there are exceptions to killing just as Jesus showed there was exceptions in observing the Sabbath.

So in the same way, there are exception to "abstaining from blood" if there is a greater good envolved, such as saving a life. A blood transfusion is an exception to abstaining from blood, because life is in the blood, as was demonstrated to the people of Israel when they drained the blood from the animals that they sacrificed or killed for food. Giving a blood transfusion can save a person life because blood is being replaced that has been lost. So as Jesus pointed out to the Pharisees, a greater good of saving the life of an Oxen stuck in the mud on a Sabbath or healing a person on the sabbath, trumps the strick observance of the Sabbath law or any law but the law of love.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Read more: http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/BQA/k/66/Does-God-Allow-Hunting-Killing-of-Animals.htm#ixzz26yMfynFq
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 00:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In the "Is the trinity pagan" thread, RJHinds informed me directly that I was not a Chrisitan because I did not believe in the trinity doctrine.

This therefore means (in his world), that I am excluded from God's grace and subsequently I am not "beyond condemnation" and am to counted amoungst those to be damned, I must presume.

Do the other trinitarians here believe as RJ Hinds does?
    I do not believe in a Trinity, I believe that if one believes Romans 10:9,10 he is a Christian. At the moment anyone who confesses Jesus as Lord and believes God raised him from the dead, that person is saved, period. He/she is also filled with holy spirit(God's gift) and that holy spirit has 9 manifestations.
    This new birth is also irrevocable,it is a promise of God. He/she has Christ in them and can now be a new person and it will show outwardly to the degree they renew their minds.
    They are spared from the wrath of God and await Christ's return to earth.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 02:40
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I do not believe in a Trinity, I believe that if one believes Romans 10:9,10 he is a Christian. At the moment anyone who confesses Jesus as Lord and believes God raised him from the dead, that person is saved, period. He/she is also filled with holy spirit(God's gift) and that holy spirit has 9 manifestations.
    This new birth is also irrevocable,it is a ...[text shortened]... renew their minds.
    So once a person is saved as you've explained here, can he become unsaved?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 02:57
    This new birth is also irrevocable,it is a ...[text shortened]... renew their minds.
    Has the Holy Spirit given you any revelations? What has He taught you?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 10:59
    So once a person is saved as you've explained here, can he become unsaved?
    No, the bible says so...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:01
    Has the Holy Spirit given you any revelations? What has He taught you?
    A great deal, for one it is holy spirit, not Holy Spirit. I didn't receive God, I received His gift.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 13:28
    A great deal, for one it is holy spirit, not Holy Spirit. I didn't receive God, I received His gift.
    Be careful that it is not the counterfeit holy spirit that comes as an angel of light but seeks your destruction.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 13:39
    Be careful that it is not the counterfeit holy spirit that comes as an angel of light but seeks your destruction.
    Satan and his minions are all counterfeits, I know. I have Christ in me, the hope of glory!
    The counterfeit angel of light is out there preaching the trinity.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 14:12
    Satan and his minions are all counterfeits, I know. I have Christ in me, the hope of glory!
    The counterfeit angel of light is out there preaching the trinity.
    Perhaps you don't really know God or the Person of the Holy Spirit. These three Persons of the Triune Godhead are somehow necessarily connected as one Spirit Being, which now also includes the resurrected and glorified body of Christ Jesus that is like a Holy Temple that the Person of the Son has used to appear physically to mankind.

If we are truly Christians, we must believe Christ Jesus, who refers to the Holy Spirit as another invisible Person, like the Father in Heaven. God is a complex Spirit Being different from the created angels that are simple individual personal beings. So let us not be like the Jehovah's Witness and bring God down to the level of a created angel, which they do by indentifying the Word in John 1:1 as the archangel Michael, instead of God.

Remember, you can only have Christ within you if the Holy Spirit is within you.

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Maranatha !
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 15:21
    Perhaps you don't really know God or the Person of the Holy Spirit. These three Persons of the Triune Godhead are somehow necessarily connected as one Spirit Being, which now also includes the resurrected and glorified body of Christ Jesus that is like a Holy Temple that the Person of the Son has used to appear physically to mankind.

If we are truly Chri ...[text shortened]... e Holy Spirit is within you.

Maranatha !
    And where again in the Bible is the holy spirit said to be god or a god?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 16:28
    And where again in the Bible is the holy spirit said to be god or a god?
    But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

(Acts 5:1-4 NKJV)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 16:31

If we are truly Chri ...[text shortened]... e Holy Spirit is within you.

Maranatha !
    God is Holy, and God is Spirit. His gift to His children is the gift of holy spirit. There is no third person. That is why every epistle begins with greetings from God and His Son Jesus Christ, never the Holy Spirit.
    Furthermore, in the book of Revelations, it shows God on the throne, His Son seated with Him ruling, but no mention of holy spirit ruling with Him.
    I received the gift of holy spirit when I confessed Jesus as Lord in my life. I can also operate the manifestations. Three, to be precise, speaking in tongues, tongues with interpretation and prophecy by my freedom of will. The other 6 are as Jesus deems necessary.
    Many Christians believe there are 9 gifts...this is more traditional error. There is one gift, holy spirit, and it has 9 manifestations...a good analogy would be a Swiss Army knife. The unit is the gift and it has several functions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree