Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
17 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
believing the trinity doctrine is not one of them. hence, there is no misinformation as you claim.

the misinformation would actually be found in the trinity doctrine. "very god of very god" nonsense.
Jesus commanded His disciples to go forth and baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The bible doesn't spell the "Trinity doctrine" out word for word. And because of that, I do not adhere to the claim that if we don't believe in the Trinity, we will not be saved. However, my opinion is that there is much more evidence in support of the doctrine of the Trinity than against it. And I believe in it.

But again, I would not be so bold as to suggest that a faithful believer in Christ will not be saved if that person rejects the trinity doctrine in its full context.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by sumydid
Jesus commanded His disciples to go forth and baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The bible doesn't spell the "Trinity doctrine" out word for word. And because of that, I do not adhere to the claim that if we don't believe in the Trinity, we will not be saved. However, my opinion is that there is much more evidence in suppor ...[text shortened]... in Christ will not be saved if that person rejects the trinity doctrine in its full context.
I would, unless that person had not been taught. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. How can he understand without someone to teach him.

And he said, "Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

(Acts 8:31 NASB)

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
17 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I would, unless that person had not been taught. [b]Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. How can he understand without someone to teach him.

And he said, "Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

(Acts 8:31 NASB)[/b]
I understand and respect your opinion. I cannot say with certainty that your position is wrong, but I respectfully disagree with it.

Like I've said before, the Trinity Doctrine in its full context is very difficult for the human mind to completely comprehend and therefore it seems akin to a puzzle that if you aren't smart enough to figure out, you don't get. Then salvation becomes a matter of intelligence quotient, etc.

You can sit down with someone and explain the concepts of a Triune God, the Godhead, the Trinity, all that--and if that person has an IQ of 95, they just aren't going to understand it (and therefore, couldn't believe one way or the other). Does that person get sent to the smoking section on Judgment Day?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Sep 12
7 edits

I understand and respect your opinion. I cannot say with certainty that your position is wrong, but I respectfully disagree with it.

Like I've said before, the Trinity Doctrine in its full context is very difficult for the human mind to completely comprehend and therefore it seems akin to a puzzle that if you aren't smart enough to figure out, you don't e one way or the other). Does that person get sent to the smoking section on Judgment Day?
One does not have to understand God in detail. Nobody can do that. One only has to understand what the idea being taught about God is and NOT how it could be possible. Then accept it as truth.

Unless one is below the age of accountability to God or is a numbnuts, he/she should be able to understand the idea of the Trinity. Children are taught the Trinity idea all the time in church and accept it as true. It is not until they grow older and someone sows doubt in their minds that they have trouble understanding, because they become like the JWs, who must put God in a box so their finite minds can make God a finite being rather than the infinite being that He is.

P.S. Do you believe that one must accept Christ Jesus is both God and man to be saved?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
17 Sep 12

The bible doesn't spell the "Trinity doctrine" out word for word. And because of that, I do not adhere to the claim that if we don't believe in the Trinity, we will not be saved. However, my opinion is that there is much more evidence in suppor ...[text shortened]... in Christ will not be saved if that person rejects the trinity doctrine in its full context.
while your opinion of there being more evidence in support of the doctrine of the trinity than against it is demonstrably wrong, it is commendable that you don't hinge your beliefs on it for salvation.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
while your opinion of there being more evidence in support of the doctrine of the trinity than against it is demonstrably wrong, it is commendable that you don't hinge your beliefs on it for salvation.
It is also commendable that he does believe in the trinity idea of God.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Sep 12

Does that person get sent to the smoking section on Judgment Day?
Hah! I like your understated style. ๐Ÿ™‚

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Do you feel the Bible should be taken as truth for every word it says? Would it not seem completely correct that if one were to worship God with 100% truthfulness, this is where one should start without any influance from man made thoughts or beliefs or doctrines? Right?
Then if one can without a doubt base their beliefs on what the Bible says you shou ...[text shortened]... tradictions, right?
This is a serious question and I'm hoping to get a serious honest answer.
The beauty and miracle of the Bible is that everyone gets from it what they need. The faithful get comfort and reassurance. The weak get strength. The meek get courage. The unsaved get salvation. The confused get enlightenment. The committed, dyed-in-the-wool atheist gets nonsense.

Literalists and those who would seek to twist the message of the Bible both start with a handicap. They deny the full truth and meaning of God's word. They're only starting with half a picture. Pray for understanding before reading your Bible. Ask God for the answer to your questions. Have faith in your God first before placing all your faith instead in His book. Ask. Seek. Knock.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" -- Matthew 7:7-11

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
The beauty and miracle of the Bible is that everyone gets from it what they need. The faithful get comfort and reassurance. The weak get strength. The meek get courage. The unsaved get salvation. The confused get enlightenment. The committed, dyed-in-the-wool atheist gets nonsense.

Literalists and those who would seek to twist the message of the Bi ...[text shortened]... all your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" -- Matthew 7:7-11
I appreciate your comments as you are right on what we can get from it. But you really didn't answer my question.

rc

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne

Literalists and those who would seek to twist the message of the Bi ...[text shortened]... all your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" -- Matthew 7:7-11
Literalists and those who would seek to twist the message of the Bible both start with a
handicap,

on the contrary those who dispense with passages or events and seek to establish their
own criteria must explain away much of what was taught by the Christ and the
apostles, those who deny a global flood for example must try to explain away the
teaching of Christ, Paul and Peter who included the event in their teaching.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Sep 12

I appreciate your comments as you are right on what we can get from it. But you really didn't answer my question.
The Holy Bible should be taken as truth. But some of the truth it records are lies. ๐Ÿ˜

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The Holy Bible should be taken as truth. But some of the truth it records are lies. ๐Ÿ˜
What does that mean?

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 12

What does that mean?
It means: don't bother reading my posts 'cos I'm a jelly-head.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Sep 12
1 edit

What does that mean?
The Holy Bible records the truth about what is said, by Satan for example, but he speaks lies mixed with the truth. We must be careful not to interpret everything someone is reported to have said in the Holy Bible as being truth that we should obey, even though the Holy Bible records the truth. Do you undersatand my meaning now?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
Read my answer again. I said Christians should be unified by the common faith. However we live in a fallen world and there will be division. You would disfellowship a fellow believer in God for getting a blood transfusion now that is division if ever I saw division. Once again I would not disfellowship a believer in God for believing in the trinity or for ...[text shortened]... in the trinity. God knows the wheat from the tares not my job to judge on that level

Manny
So you accept that there are divisions and that is ok and all is well? Where did Jesus or the apostles ever say that it would be ok for that to happen?