1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 23:41
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Haha. That's classic. The author does not seem to understand that capitals were a later addition to the Bible.The material here is so outdated. The whole article myth has been discredited.
    If you say so...
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 23:41
    [b]Jesus is His Son, whom btw was created in Mary by God who is Holy and is Spirit.

Well, this simply ignores the prologue of the gospel of John which claims that Jesus existed before creation.[/b]
    No, He did not exist, except in the mind of God. His plan was simply unveiled with Mary. Jesus had to be made like the first Adam. Neither had a sinful nature. Adam failed, Jesus was victorious... He was 100% man.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 01:29
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No, He did not exist, except in the mind of God. His plan was simply unveiled with Mary. Jesus had to be made like the first Adam. Neither had a sinful nature. Adam failed, Jesus was victorious... He was 100% man.
    Well I'm convinced.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 01:34
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well kinda interesting from a Hollywood movie way but according to the Bible "No man may see God and live". Also the Bible says the "He is one God."
    There are many any other scriptures that explains god in the same way as has been discussed.
    But your thought here only shows how unexplainable the trinity belief is and how confusing it is. 1Cor 14:33 ...[text shortened]... th this trinity and it's many versions or concepts, how could anyone say they know him?
    Well kinda interesting from a Hollywood movie way but according to the Bible "No man may see God and live". Also the Bible says the "He is one God."

If you actually read Jaywill's post you would notice that his articulation of the Trinity is thoroughly unitary. In his view, there is only one God -- but three manifestations. There is only one divine person -- it is just that this person appears in three forms when projecting into creation. This is in fact reminiscent of the two-faced Janus.

Again you demonstrate your total ignorance of Trinitarian theology and unwillingness even to bother understanding. Trinity is firmly rooted in the idea of one God. This is in fact the whole point of Trinitarian theology. I cannot really call you intellectually dishonest. The plain truth is that you are lazy.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 02:00
    Well I'm convinced.
    This is all corroborated in scripture...
  6. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 02:38
    Not a bit as my memoery is fine. Maybe it's just that your answers aren't good enough. The trinity is not in the Bible in any form and no matter what you think it's a contradiction to the Bible. Jesus said among many other things concerning his Father is that "his Father is greater then him". How do trinitarians not get that? But I guess they are so steeped in traditions it can't be seen.
    Ok, here are the Scriptures which totally negate your statement "The trinity is not in the Bible in any form"

Isaiah 48:16
    Matthew 3:16-17
    Matthew 28:18-20
    Luke 3:21-22
    John 14:26, 16:13-15
    2 Corinthians 13:14
    Galatians 4:6
    Ephesians 2:18, 4:4-6, 5:18-20
    1 Peter 1:2
    1 John 5:7
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 06:15
    [b]Well kinda interesting from a Hollywood movie way but according to the Bible "No man may see God and live". Also the Bible says the "He is one God."

If you actually read Jaywill's post you would notice that his articulation of the Trinity is thoroughly unitary. In his view, there is only one God -- but three manifestations. There is only one div ...[text shortened]... y. I cannot really call you intellectually dishonest. The plain truth is that you are lazy.[/b]
    Whatever. I've studied the trinity my whole life and there is not one thing new you've shown me. All you done is to try and attempt to find "fuzzy man made reasonings and theories" as to why I should belive it. To me it is the same arguments evolutionist throw at ones who know it is false.
    The bible is crystal clear on who God is and isn't. Absolutley no confusion and that is because the bible does not lie or contradict itself...and the trinity completely contradicts the bible on many levels. But then so does Catholic beliefs as they will believe the man dogma's of the Church over the Bible. So sad....
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 06:16
    Originally posted by Una
    Ok, here are the Scriptures which totally negate your statement "The trinity is not in the Bible in any form"

I'll answer you tomorrow...Thanks.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 07:121 edit
    Whatever. I've studied the trinity my whole life and there is not one thing new you've shown me. All you done is to try and attempt to find "fuzzy man made reasonings and theories" as to why I should belive it. To me it is the same arguments evolutionist throw at ones who know it is false.
    The bible is crystal clear on who God is and isn't. Absolutley ...[text shortened]... olic beliefs as they will believe the man dogma's of the Church over the Bible. So sad....
    Ho hum. If that is the fruits of your study, then that is simply embarrassing. There are many people who disagree with the doctrine of the Trinity and they can make very incisive criticisms. You, however, continually misrepresent and misunderstand Trinitarianism. If you really understood what Trinitarianism entails, you would have recognised that Jaywill's explanation of the Trinity was not in fact Trinitarian; it was actually a very modalist form of unitarianism.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 09:37
    Ho hum. If that is the fruits of your study, then that is simply embarrassing. There are many people who disagree with the doctrine of the Trinity and they can make very incisive criticisms. You, however, continually misrepresent and misunderstand Trinitarianism. If you really understood what Trinitarianism entails, you would have recognised that Jaywill's ...[text shortened]... the Trinity was not in fact Trinitarian; it was actually a very modalist form of unitarianism.
    The truth is simple as god intended it to be. Satan is the one that confuses the truth and the ones who wish to follow with such things as the trinity that keeps changing as the ones that believe it keep trying to explain it as Jaywill attempted. And I believe that your desision to not believe in God is the result of not knowing the real answers of him. He seems to be some far off unattainalbe mystery to you otherwise your faith in him would not faultered as it has.....
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 09:40
    ... To me it is the same arguments evolutionist throw at ones who know it is false. ...
    What has evolution with the trinity to do?
    You mean that someone beliving in evolution cannot belive in trinity, and/or vice versa?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 21:17
    Originally posted by Una

Verses Commonly Used to Try to Support the Doctrine of the Trinity

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=109
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 03:31
    The trinity is simply this: God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
    End of story.
    However, God, Jesus and the Spirit are one in the same person.
    God - is in the throne room
    Jesus - came to die for everyone's sins and was resurrected on the third day
    Holy Spirit - Jesus descended before he ascended, however just before Jesus did
    He told everyone that there would be a counselor that would be coming. This is
    the Holy Spirit. When you are driving too fast, it is the Spirit sitting beside you in the passenger
    seat shaking his head.
    You brought up Satan...he is another story: Satan was Lucifer, the most "beautiful" of God's angels, but Satan wanted God's power, and Satan was thrown out of the Heaven. He resides with us now on his kingdom: Earth. Satan is not omnipresent like God (i.e. he cannot be in all places at one time) so Satan has demons who are watching you, me and everyone else on Earth to see if they will convert them to chaos; it is Satan who is putting thoughts in people's minds. Satan is the one to be wary of.
  14. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 04:25
    I'll answer you tomorrow...Thanks.
    I found this site, it will help explain lots. I could cut and paste for all to see, but I will allow the site to stand by itself. There are many scriptures which support the concept of the Trinity.

http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-proof-texts.htm

Another great essay on the subject is by James White:
    http://vintage.aomin.org/The_Pre_Existence_of_Christ.html

Enjoy....
  15. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 04:331 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Verses Commonly Used to Try to Support the Doctrine of the Trinity

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=109
    Again for every attempt to discredit the Trinity, there are real answers:

http://www.monergism.com/directory/link_category/Trinity/Biblical-Evidence-for-the-Trinity/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree