Trinity Is Doublethink

Trinity Is Doublethink

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jun 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
can i have your car? if you were a real Christian you would charitably give it to me in good conscience that it was going to a needy cause, the need for speed! vroooooooom vroooooooom 😉
Well the one that I used to have is long gone. A victim of the economy... 🙁
But if I still had it my friend, it would be yours if you could drive it home over the Big Pond? Lol.
Oh..welcome back...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
Hey G-75 🙂

The only reason I say this is for example the thief on the cross. Jesus never said first understand GOD IN ALL of his glory then you can be with me in paradise. Maybe a lame example but does intellectual right knowledge necessarily please God? How about the Jews of old. They understood God in an orthodoxical sense but their hearts were not in the right place.

Manny
Hey Manny. Lets play a game soon.
Anyway no, one does not have to have the correct knowledge to be accepted by God and the example you gave is a good one. No doubt Jesus could read the heart of the man and knew that he would no doubt have been different in his life if he had been raised in a god fearing home.
So it would be fair to say that when the end of this system comes and ones are judged afterwards, it will be their heart conditions that will be seen by Jesus and his Father.
But.... the thing too that Jesus and his father are looking for are ones that are teachable, sheeplike, willing to do the "Works" he taught us to do and looking to not only learn but we willing to leave behind any possible wrong or pagan teachings that may be a part of the religion their in.
Obviously according to many scriptures in the Bible that not all out there, religions, are doing things right.
So all I'm saying is if one is really concerned about their future and the furture of their family, absolutly, positively make sure that your belief or the religion your in is following the Bible correctly. Test it everyday.
God does not force anyone to love or worship him, but Satan is doing everything in his power to stop us from doing that. And he completely uses religion in it's many forms and certianly uses confusion on us all. Take care...

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Jun 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Well the one that I used to have is long gone. A victim of the economy... 🙁
But if I still had it my friend, it would be yours if you could drive it home over the Big Pond? Lol.
Oh..welcome back...
RC wants to do some speeding on the motor ways there 😉

Manny
PS: we will have to play again soon G-75 (Steve)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jun 10

RC wants to do some speeding on the motor ways there 😉

Manny
PS: we will have to play again soon G-75 (Steve)
Yes,The Autobahn would be a dream come true!!!! Not in Robbie's neck of the woods but it would be so fine.

rc

Moves
22 Jun 10
2 edits

Yes,The Autobahn would be a dream come true!!!! Not in Robbie's neck of the woods but it would be so fine.
what you guys mean, we got hundreds of miles of backroads, those farmers thinks its a formula one the way they drive. When i get my electric powered bicycle i will be doing 40-48 Kph on them, 😀 here if the police catch you doing more than 100mph on the motorway i think its an instant ban. Some idiot in his BMW was caught fairly recently on the Fife road doing 156.7 Mph

F

Moves
22 Jun 10
1 edit

Robbie, you haven't yet commented on my last posting.
Does it mean that you think I'm all right, and you're all wrong?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jun 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what you guys mean, we got hundreds of miles of backroads, those farmers thinks its a formula one the way they drive. When i get my electric powered bicycle i will be doing 40-48 Kph on them, 😀 here if the police catch you doing more than 100mph on the motorway i think its an instant ban. Some idiot in his BMW was caught fairly recently on the Fife road doing 156.7 Mph
That's not cool on a public road but fun on a road racing coarse..

F

Moves
24 Jun 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
(*) It is important to show the author of a text not written by oneslf.
(*) There are paedophiles within Jehowas Witnesses.
(*) Personal attacks are always bad rethorics.
Still waiting on a comment of these three statements, robbie.

Still waiting on an apology of your outburst on me and others that don't have the same beliefs as you have.

r

Moves
27 Jun 10

trying to understand spiritual metaphors solely through logic is like trying to use a microscope to determine why a great song is beautiful.

or, if you do want to use logic...you need some reference points to have some better idea what the metaphor is about.

There is a very detailed discussion of this in a Hindu mystic book - "The Holy Science" - by Sri Yukteswar. He was the Guru of Paramahansa Yogananda. Paramahansa Yogananda met with Gandhi and one can pretty much assume, from that interaction, that Gandhi viewed him as a saint...

From my (very limited) understanding - The Father represents the transcendental nature of God. The Son represents when an individual soul spiritually attains the height of that transcendental nature - thus becoming a "son" of "God" by experiencing the same height of consciousness.

the Holy Ghost being a metaphor for the individual soul (us) as we aspire to the spiritual heights.

I really don't think it is much more complicated than that...though how it all manifests can be...

P

weedhopper

Moves
02 Jul 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I believe the Catholic concept of the Trinity is an application of Orwell's concept "doublethink". What do you think?
I can sorta see your point.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jul 10

Originally posted by r99pawn77
trying to understand spiritual metaphors solely through logic is like trying to use a microscope to determine why a great song is beautiful.

or, if you do want to use logic...you need some reference points to have some better idea what the metaphor is about.

There is a very detailed discussion of this in a Hindu mystic book - "The Holy Science" - by ...[text shortened]... don't think it is much more complicated than that...though how it all manifests can be...
In the Bible it's never been complicated. The Father/Jehovah, the Son/Jesus, and the Holy Spirit/Jehovah's active force or power.
But religion has come up with many ideas of it and when false and paganistic beliefs were thrown into the mix, then it became complicated.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
03 Jul 10
1 edit

In the Bible it's never been complicated. The Father/Jehovah, the Son/Jesus, and the Holy Spirit/Jehovah's active force or power.
But religion has come up with many ideas of it and when false and paganistic beliefs were thrown into the mix, then it became complicated.
How many gods are there?

Is Jehovah a god? Is Jesus a god? Does that mean there are two gods?

God's his own son...reminds me of this song:

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Jul 10

80 East & West I routinely get up to 70 - 80 MPH even with an CHP academy half way through my commute to work. If you don't go with the flow of traffic you will get ran off the road.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jul 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
How many gods are there?

Is Jehovah a god? Is Jesus a god? Does that mean there are two gods?

God's his own son...reminds me of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw
Very funny. I do remember that song and that does show the sillyness that the Trinity is.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jul 10

80 East & West I routinely get up to 70 - 80 MPH even with an CHP academy half way through my commute to work. If you don't go with the flow of traffic you will get ran off the road.

Manny
I know there are many areas out in West Texas that you can pretty much do the speed you want as long as your not doing something crazy... Sometimes out there your nearest neighbor or town may be a few miles away.