1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 07:30
    Originally posted by Una
    Again for every attempt to discredit the Trinity, there are real answers:

http://www.monergism.com/directory/link_category/Trinity/Biblical-Evidence-for-the-Trinity/
    “We Worship What We Know”
    “THE Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible. The Father Eternal, the Son Eternal, and the Holy Ghost Eternal and yet they are not Three Eternals but One Eternal. As also there are not Three Uncreated, nor Three Incomprehensibles, but One Uncreated, and One Incomprehensible.” One or three, Christendom’s God, as here defined by the Athanasian Creed, is truly a mysterious, incomprehensible, unknown God.
    “We worship what we know,” said Jesus. (John 4:22) He was speaking as a member of a people to whom Moses had said: “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.” Yes, faithful Jews worshiped a God they knew. As to Christians, not subject to the Jewish Law covenant but brought into a new covenant, it was prophetically said of them: “They will by no means teach each one his fellow citizen and each one his brother, saying: ‘Know Jehovah!’ For they will all know me, from the least one to the greatest one of them.” Such Christians do indeed know their God.—Deuteronomy 6:4; Hebrews 8:11.
    “One God the Father”
    Because they do not believe in the Trinity dogma, it has been said of Jehovah’s Witnesses that they practice “a form of Arianism.” But the fact that they are not Trinitarians does not make them Arians. In one of the few writings of Arius that has survived, he claims that God is beyond comprehension, even for the Son. In line with this, historian H. M. Gwatkin states in his book The Arian Controversy: “The God of Arius is an unknown God, whose being is hidden in eternal mystery. No creature can reveal him, and he cannot reveal himself.” Jehovah’s Witnesses worship neither the “incomprehensible” God of the Trinitarians nor the “unknown God” of Arius. They say, with the apostle Paul: “There is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are.”—1 Corinthians 8:6.
    Showing how vital it is to come to know God, Jesus said in a prayer to his Father: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God.” (John 17:3) The same apostle who recorded those words of Jesus also wrote: “We know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one [Jehovah]. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.”—1 John 5:20.
    Some translators give a Trinitarian twist to 1 John 5:20. The Living Bible renders the end of this verse: “Jesus Christ his Son, who is the only true God; and he is eternal Life.” Of course, both Catholic and Protestant Bibles differentiate between Jesus and “the only true God” in John 17:3. And in his Theological Investigations, reputed Catholic scholar Karl Rahner states that “in St. John’s First Epistle ὁ θεός [“the God”] so often certainly means the Father that it must be understood of the Father throughout the Epistle.” Also, the French Protestant Bible du Centenaire concedes in a footnote that the Greek allows for a non-Trinitarian translation. Incidentally, it should not be forgotten that, probably in the fourth century C.E., an overzealous Trinitarian Latin scribe added to 1 John 5:7 the words “the Father, the Word and the holy spirit; and these three are one.” This addition, known technically as the “Johannine Comma,” was protected by the Vatican until 1927, in spite of the fact that even some Catholic scholars had raised doubts about its authenticity as early as the sixth century. This dishonest insertion shows the lengths to which Trinitarians will go in their efforts to prove their doctrine.
    God’s Name and the Trinity
    Something that makes God very real to Jehovah’s Witnesses is their knowledge and regular use of his personal name, Jehovah. (Psalm 83:18) When a member of one of Christendom’s churches reads in his Bible the anonymous expression “the name of the Lord,” it means little or nothing to him. Similarly, when he prays “hallowed be thy name,” the chances are that he does not know what name he is praying about. Jehovah’s Witnesses know their God, they know his name and, like the psalmist and Jesus himself, they love their heavenly Father’s name.—Psalm 5:11, 12; John 12:28; 17:6, 26.
    Since God’s personal name appears literally thousands of times in the original-language Bible, why has it been expunged from many of Christendom’s Bible translations, and why is it never used by the hundreds of millions of Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant “Christians”? Could the dogma of the Trinity have anything to do with this most extraordinary religious fact?
    Interestingly, the Catholic Jerusalem Bible renders Deuteronomy 6:4: “Listen, Israel: Yahweh our God is the one Yahweh.” And a footnote, after giving another possible translation, states: “But it is more likely that we have here a declaration of monotheistic faith.” This, then, is the one God of whom Jesus, speaking as a Jew, stated: “We worship what we know.” (John 4:22) And this Catholic Bible admits that the name of that one God is Yahweh, or Jehovah. Now, according to Trinitarian theology, Yahweh, or Jehovah, is the name of the God of the Hebrew patriarchs and the Jews, the God whom Jesus came to reveal as “the Father,” or “God the Father.” It follows that for Trinitarians the divine name Yahweh, or Jehovah, designates only one of the supposed “Three Persons” of the “Godhead.” The “Second Person” has a name (Jesus), but the “Third Person” is the anonymous “Holy Spirit.” Christendom’s churches cannot logically use a name for God that does not designate the entire “Godhead.” So their members are condemned to worship a mysterious triune God that has no name.
    Yet, instinctively, many Catholics feel the need to worship someone they can know and name. This, no doubt, explains why many of them worship Jesus or even Mary. This same instinct to worship a God one can name is even reflected in religious architecture. In scores of Catholic chapels, churches and cathedrals in France and other countries, above the high altar or elsewhere there is a gilded, rayed nimbus representing divine glory. In the center is a triangle, symbolizing the Trinity. Paradoxically, inside the triangle is the Tetragrammaton, the four Hebrew consonants of God’s name, Jehovah. But how many Catholics today realize that it is God’s name?
    “One Lord, Jesus Christ”
    After having stated: “There is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him,” the apostle Paul added: “And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.” (1 Corinthians 8:6) Jehovah’s Witnesses subscribe to that further statement. Jehovah, the Father, is the Source; Jesus, God’s “only-begotten son,” the “firstborn of all creation,” is the means by which the Father accomplishes His will.—John 1:2, 3, 14; Colossians 1:15, 16.
    Because the fourth-century dissident theologian Arius stated the Biblical truth that “the Son is not unbegotten,” and Jehovah’s Witnesses accept that truth, The New Encyclopædia Britannica states: “The Christology of Jehovah’s Witnesses, also, is a form of Arianism.” First, it must be stated that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not have a particular “Christology,” defined as “the theological interpretation of the person and work of Christ.” They share the view of the Christian layman who is recorded as having bluntly told the wrangling theologians assembled in Nicaea in 325 C.E.: ‘Christ did not teach us dialectics, art, or vain subtleties, but simple-mindedness, which is preserved by faith and good works.’ Apparently this man had suffered for his faith in Christ, even as many of Jehovah’s Witnesses have. Like him, they have no faith in theological philosophy. They accept with simplicity what the Bible states about God, Christ and the holy spirit, and they are willing to suffer for their simple faith and prove it by good works.
    Secondly, Jehovah’s Witnesses cannot be accused of Arianism, inasmuch as they disagree with Arius’ views in many respects. For example, Arius denied that the Son could really know the Father. The Bible teaches that the Son ‘fully knows’ the Father and that the Son is “the one that has explained him.” (Matthew 11:27; John 1:14, 18) Arius claimed that the Word became God’s Son “by adoption” because of his virtue or moral integrity. The Bible says that he was created by Jehovah as his “only-begotten son.” (John 1:14; 3:16; Hebrews 1:2; Revelation 3:14) Arius taught that Christians could hope to become equal to Christ, whereas the Bible states that God gave him “the name that is above every other name.” (Philippians 2:9-11) Far from being modern-day Arians, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe what the Bible says.
    “The Only-Begotten God”
    Jehovah’s Witnesses do not deny Jesus’ godship, or divinity. But they do not share the Trinitarians’ philosophical understanding of these terms. When Trinitarians speak of the “divinity of Jesus,” they do not mean that he is “a god” or “godlike,” but that he is “God,” one of the three co-eternal persons of the “Godhead.” Perhaps this explains why many of Christendom’s Bibles render John 1:18: “No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known.” (Revised Standard Version) The majority of the oldest Greek manuscripts show, not “the only Son,” but “the only-begotten god.” The Expositor’s Greek Testament admits: “The MS. [manuscript] authority favours the reading θεος [god]; while the versions and the [Church] Fathers weigh rather in the opposite scale.” Why? Because they feared anti-Trinitarians for whom “this appellation [‘only-begotten god’] happily distinguished Him [the Son] from the Father.”
    Recognizing the Scriptural fact that Jesus is “a god” or “mighty one,” Jehovah’s Witnesses are not disturbed by John 20:28, where it is recorded that the apostle Thomas exclaimed to Jesus: “My Lord and my God!” For one thing, Thomas could have been using the word “G...
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 12:48
    Originally posted by galveston75
    “We Worship What We Know”
    “THE Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible. The Father Eternal, the Son Eternal, and the Holy Ghost Eternal and yet they are not Three Eternals but One Eternal. As also there are not Three Uncreated, nor Three Incomprehensibles, but One Uncreated, and One Incomprehensible.” One o ...[text shortened]... aimed to Jesus: “My Lord and my God!” For one thing, Thomas could have been using the word “G...
    You certainly know how to copy and paste.
    From what source did you copy this? Do you share the opinions of the author?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When it's this large then I will paste if I feel the information is important.
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 03:261 edit
    He's not the Holy Ghost as some religions portray....He's not a ghost!
    He's the Holy Spirit, hence the Spirit within YOU!
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 21:50
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/ti/article_04.htm

An interesting point about this if you do take the time to read it, is if the Trinity were a Bible truth, why did it take so long to establish centuries later?
    If it was a truth then it should have been obvious and simple to explain and learn.
    If this trinity were a bible truth and something that Jes ...[text shortened]... esus?

I'm sure you won't answer these but it may give others something to think about...
    Maybe the concept of the trinity is not so important anyway. You still have to obey Jesus and Honor the father and be filled by the spirit. Maybe the intellectual understanding of the concept does not matter so much? Jesus never says "To be a christian you must believe in the trinity" The argument goes around and around.

Just thoughts

Manny
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 22:57
    The truth is simple as god intended it to be. Satan is the one that confuses the truth and the ones who wish to follow with such things as the trinity that keeps changing as the ones that believe it keep trying to explain it as Jaywill attempted. And I believe that your desision to not believe in God is the result of not knowing the real answers of him. ...[text shortened]... r off unattainalbe mystery to you otherwise your faith in him would not faultered as it has.....
    My loss of faith has nothing to do with the Trinity. It was the result of a number of factors coupled together -- personal problems, emotional exhaustion, pressure from others, personal doubts, etc. I would also point out that in the Scriptures doubt is an instinct of even great prophets. Even Jesus believed himself forsaken by God. I am sure even JWs have doubts and experience a loss of faith, even amongst the most fervent.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 00:38
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    My loss of faith has nothing to do with the Trinity. It was the result of a number of factors coupled together -- personal problems, emotional exhaustion, pressure from others, personal doubts, etc. I would also point out that in the Scriptures doubt is an instinct of even great prophets. Even Jesus believed himself forsaken by God. I am sure even JWs have doubts and experience a loss of faith, even amongst the most fervent.
    Yes we do. We are only human and there is a lot against us all. But we can never blame any of that on God. If we all look at ones like Lot and all he had to endure, it would be easy to blame God . But God does not ever tempt us but for many reasons allows us to be tested by Satan. And again Lot is a great example of how God can bless us all for enduring.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 00:55
    Originally posted by menace71
    Maybe the concept of the trinity is not so important anyway. You still have to obey Jesus and Honor the father and be filled by the spirit. Maybe the intellectual understanding of the concept does not matter so much? Jesus never says "To be a christian you must believe in the trinity" The argument goes around and around.

Just thoughts

Manny
    Hey Manny. But what if it is? What if thinking in that way might just be wrong in his eyes? Hasn't there been many in the past who thought what they were doing in worshipping God turned out to be wrong or even deadly? Remember the ones who came out of egypt and made the golden calf out of there own gold to worship God with?
    I'm certianly not judge and jury on what God will and will not accept and I'm sorry if I have come across that way, but there are so many scriptures and examples of how God has warned us all to worship with TRUTH and has punished ones who didn't. And the time is coming very quickly that we will all answer to him. But again he is the reader of hearts and will be loving in his decisions. Take care...
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 00:58
    Whose Worship Does God Accept?
    HAVE you ever wondered, ‘Whose worship does God accept?’ A certain woman may have had such a question come to her mind when she spoke with Jesus Christ near Mount Gerizim in Samaria. Calling attention to a difference between the worship of the Samaritans and that of the Jews, she said: “Our forefathers worshiped in this mountain; but you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where persons ought to worship.” (John 4:20) Did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman that God accepts all worship? Or did he say that specific things are required to please God?
    2 Jesus’ startling reply was: “The hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you people worship the Father.” (John 4:21) The Samaritans had long feared Jehovah and had worshiped other gods on Mount Gerizim. (2 Kings 17:33) Now Jesus Christ said that neither that place nor Jerusalem would be important in true worship.
    WORSHIP WITH SPIRIT AND TRUTH
    3 Jesus went on to tell the Samaritan woman: “You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation originates with the Jews.” (John 4:22) The Samaritans had false religious ideas and accepted only the first five books of the Bible as inspired—and these solely in their own recension known as the Samaritan Pentateuch. Therefore, they did not really know God. However, the Jews had been entrusted with Scriptural knowledge. (Romans 3:1, 2) The Scriptures gave faithful Jews and any others who would listen what they needed in order to know God.
    4 Actually, Jesus showed that both Jews and Samaritans would have to adjust their way of worship so as to please God. He said: “The hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:23, 24) To worship God “with spirit,” we must have his spirit and be guided by that spirit. It is possible to worship God ‘with truth’ by studying his Word, the Bible, and by worshiping him according to his revealed truth. Are you eager to do that?
    5 Jesus emphasized that God wants true worship. This shows that there are forms of worship unacceptable to Jehovah. To worship God means to give him reverent honor and to render sacred service to him. If you wanted to show honor to a powerful ruler, likely you would be eager to serve him and do what would please him. Surely, then, we want to please God. Rather than merely say, ‘My religion suits me,’ we therefore need to make sure that our worship meets God’s requirements.
    DOING THE WILL OF THE FATHER
    6 Let us read Matthew 7:21-23 and see if we can isolate a crucial factor that determines whether all worship is acceptable to God. Jesus said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons [wicked spirit creatures] in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”
    7 Acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord is essential in true worship. But something would be missing in the worship of many of those claiming to be Jesus’ disciples. He said that some would perform “powerful works,” such as supposed miraculous healings. However, they would fail to do what Jesus said is vital. They would not be “doing the will of [his] Father.” If we want to please God, we must learn what the will of the Father is and then do it.
    ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE—A PROTECTION
    8 Doing God’s will requires an accurate knowledge of both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. Such knowledge leads to everlasting life. Surely, then, all of us will want to take seriously the matter of gaining accurate knowledge from God’s Word, the Bible. Some say that there is no need for concern as long as we are sincere and zealous in our worship. Others claim, ‘The less you know, the less is expected of you.’ Yet, the Bible encourages us to increase in the knowledge of God and his purposes.—Ephesians 4:13; Philippians 1:9; Colossians 1:9.
    9 Such knowledge is a protection against contamination of our worship. The apostle Paul spoke of a certain spirit creature who pretends to be “an angel of light.” (2 Corinthians 11:14) Thus disguised, this spirit creature—Satan—tries to mislead us into doing things contrary to God’s will. Other spirit creatures associated with Satan have also been polluting people’s worship, for Paul said: “The things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God.” (1 Corinthians 10:20) Likely, many have thought they were worshiping in the right way, although they were not doing what God wanted. They were being misled into unclean false worship. We will learn more about Satan and the demons later, but these enemies of God have definitely been polluting mankind’s worship.
    10 If you knew that someone had deliberately poisoned your water supply, would you go on drinking from it? Surely, you would take immediate action to find a source of safe, pure water. Well, an accurate knowledge of God’s Word equips us to identify true religion and to reject impurities that make worship unacceptable to God.
    COMMANDS OF MEN AS DOCTRINES
    11 When Jesus was on earth, many Jews did not act in accord with accurate knowledge of God. They therefore lost the opportunity to have a clean standing before Jehovah. Concerning them, Paul wrote: “I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge.” (Romans 10:2) They decided for themselves how to worship God instead of listening to what he said.
    12 The Israelites originally practiced God-given pure religion, but it became contaminated with teachings and philosophies of men. (Jeremiah 8:8, 9; Malachi 2:8, 9; Luke 11:52) Although the Jewish religious leaders known as Pharisees thought their worship was acceptable to God, Jesus told them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about you hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men.’”—Mark 7:6, 7.
    13 Is it possible that we might do as the Pharisees did? This could happen if we followed religious traditions handed down to us instead of examining what God has said about worship. Warning of this very real danger, Paul wrote: “The inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons.” (1 Timothy 4:1) So it is not enough merely to assume that our worship pleases God. Like the Samaritan woman who met Jesus, we may have inherited our way of worship from our parents. But we need to be certain that we are doing things that meet with God’s approval.
    GUARD AGAINST OFFENDING GOD
    14 Unless we are careful, we may do something unacceptable to God. For example, the apostle John fell at the feet of an angel “to worship him.” But the angel warned: “Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God.” (Revelation 19:10) Do you therefore see the need to make sure that your worship is not contaminated by any kind of idolatry?—1 Corinthians 10:14.
    15 When some Christians began to practice religious customs that did not please God, Paul asked: “How is it that you are turning back again to the weak and beggarly elementary things and want to slave for them over again? You are scrupulously observing days and months and seasons and years. I fear for you, that somehow I have toiled to no purpose respecting you.” (Galatians 4:8-11) Those individuals had gained a knowledge of God but later erred by observing religious customs and holy days that were unacceptable to Jehovah. As Paul said, we need to “keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the Lord.”—Ephesians 5:10.
    16 We must make sure that we avoid religious holidays and other customs that violate God’s principles. (1 Thessalonians 5:21) For instance, Jesus said of his followers: “They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” (John 17:16) Is your religion involved in ceremonies and holidays that violate the principle of neutrality toward this world’s affairs? Or do adherents of your religion sometimes share in customs and festivals that may involve conduct matching that described by the apostle Peter? He wrote: “The time that has passed by is sufficient for you to have worked out the will of the nations when you proceeded in deeds of loose conduct, lusts, excesses with wine, revelries, drinking matches, and illegal idolatries.”—1 Peter 4:3.
    17 The apostle John emphasized the need to avoid any practices that reflect the spirit of the ungodly world around us. John wrote: “Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him; because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever.” (1 John 2:15-17) Did you notice that those who ‘do the will of God’ will remain forever? Yes, if we do God’s will and avoid activities that reflect this world’s spirit, we can have the hope of everlasting life!
    KEEP GOD’S HIGH STANDARDS
    18 God wants as his worshipers those who comply with his high moral standards. Some in ancient Corinth mistakenly thought that God would tolerate immoral behavior. We can see how wrong they were by reading 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10. If we are to worship God accep...
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 10:58
    Whatever. I've studied the trinity my whole life and there is not one thing new you've shown me. All you done is to try and attempt to find "fuzzy man made reasonings and theories" as to why I should belive it. To me it is the same arguments evolutionist throw at ones who know it is false.
    The bible is crystal clear on who God is and isn't. Absolutley ...[text shortened]... olic beliefs as they will believe the man dogma's of the Church over the Bible. So sad....
    I've studied the trinity my whole life and there is not one thing new you've shown me.

I remember you once claimed in a discussion in the science forum to have 'studied evolution all my life', you then preceded to display nothing remotely coherent about the subject.

I see a theme here.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 12:136 edits
    In Zechariah 2:8-11 the Old Testament shows God being both the sender and the one being sent.

"For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye. (v.8)

For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me. (v.9)

Give a ringing shout and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah. (v.10)

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people, and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you." (v.11)

If you read this passage carefully you will see that Jehovah of hosts is both the speaker and the one being sent by Jehovah of hosts. You have God sending God. You have God being sent by God. You have God saying that God has sent Him.

This is an Old Testament window into the mysterious triune nature of Jehovah of hosts.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 15:12
    Originally posted by jaywill
    In [b]Zechariah 2:8-11 the Old Testament shows God being both the sender and the one being sent.

"For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye. (v.8)

For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served t ...[text shortened]... im.

This is an Old Testament window into the mysterious triune nature of Jehovah of hosts.
    This expression translates Yehwah′ Sham′mah, applied to the city seen by the prophet Ezekiel in his vision recorded in chapters 40 through 48. (Eze 48:35) The visionary city is depicted as foursquare (4,500 long cubits to a side [2,331 m; 7,650 ft]) and as having 12 gates, each bearing the name of one of the tribes of Israel. (Eze 48:15, 16, 31-34) The visionary city of Ezekiel’s prophecy is to belong to “all the house of Israel.” (Eze 45:6) The name Jehovah-Shammah, or “Jehovah Himself Is There,” would signify a representational presence of God like that expressed in other texts, such as Psalm 46:5; 132:13, 14; Isaiah 24:23; Joel 3:21; and Zechariah 2:10, 11, where Jehovah, whom ‘the heaven of the heavens cannot contain,’ is spoken of as though residing in an earthly city or place.—1Ki 8:27; see also CHIEFTAIN.
    This is refering to Jehovah's attention and protection being on this place, people and situation in a strong sence. It has nothing to do with a trinity concept....
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 16:25
    When it's this large then I will paste if I feel the information is important.
    If it's not your words, then whose words is it? Hitlers?
    And if it was, would it be the same eternal truth?

Copied and pasted text has no value if the source is not stated.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 17:32
    If it's not your words, then whose words is it? Hitlers?
    And if it was, would it be the same eternal truth?

Copied and pasted text has no value if the source is not stated.
    It's from one of our study books that you no doubt would not approve of. But if the pasting upsets you then don't read them. But the info explains that situation clearly wether you see it or not.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 17:48
    It's from one of our study books that you no doubt would not approve of. But if the pasting upsets you then don't read them. But the info explains that situation clearly wether you see it or not.
    I say, in lack of you enlightening me, that the fellow who wrote the text is a known pedophile and a child molestor. I've read it, but I don't reveal my source.

Is the text he wrote still eternal truth?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree