Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 19

@FMF

Do not regurgitate here what you find for my benefit.

You regurgitate for mine with no problem.
One way traffic?

"I am an agnostic atheist" is regurgitating something you unearthed from some mentors perfectly conforming to their leadership.

F

Moves
10 Oct 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Do not regurgitate here what you find for my benefit.

You regurgitate for mine with no problem.
If you go away and read some stuff other people have written about "agnostic atheism", don't regurgitate it here for my benefit. Feel free to post it, though.

F

Moves
10 Oct 19

@sonship said
"I am an agnostic atheist" is regurgitating something you unearthed from some mentors perfectly conforming to their leadership.
"Mentors"? "Perfectly conforming to their leadership"?

What on Earth are you on about?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 19

@FMF

Whatever. I'm a theist / atheist. The God you don't believe in is not the God I believe in.

F

Moves
11 Oct 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Whatever. I'm a theist / atheist. The God you don't believe in is not the God I believe in.
I don't believe in the God you describe.

Moves
11 Oct 19
1 edit

@fmf said
You can speculate to your heart's content; but your speculations do not generate "objectivity".
I’m not saying my speculations generate objectivity. Objective truth exists regardless of what our speculations may be. If God did exist there would be more than enough evidence for His existence. The fact that people have a choice to reject evidence would not change the fact that God existed. Neither would you saying people are entitled to their subjective opinions change anything about the reality of God's existence. On the other hand if God did not exist none of us would be here to have a logical discussion anyway.

F

Moves
11 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
I’m not saying my speculations generate objectivity. Objective truth exists regardless of what our speculations may be. If God did exist there would be more than enough evidence for His existence. The fact that people have a choice to reject evidence would not change the fact that God existed. Neither would you saying people are entitled to their subjective opinions change ...[text shortened]... On the other hand if God did not exist none of us would be here to have a logical discussion anyway.
Your speculation about whether or not your beliefs regarding supernatural things constitute "objective truth" is entirely in the realm of your subjectivity.

F

Moves
11 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
By saying there is no supernatural truth you are putting blinders on and you’re not following where the evidence could lead you.
By saying there is no supernatural truth...

What I am, in fact, saying is that we can only speculate about "supernatural truth".

...you are putting blinders on...

I believe my eyes are wide open.

...you’re not following where the evidence could lead you

You are fully entitled to your personal view about whether or not I have 'followed the evidence' satisfactorily and therefore whether or not I have "discovered" the "truth" in a way that meets your approval or that coincides with your own subjective perspectives. regarding "evidence".

Moves
12 Oct 19

@fmf said
By saying there is no supernatural truth...

What I am, in fact, saying is that we can only speculate about "supernatural truth".

...you are putting blinders on...

I believe my eyes are wide open.

...you’re not following where the evidence could lead you

You are fully entitled to your personal view about whether or not I have 'followed the evide ...[text shortened]... t meets your approval or that coincides with your own subjective perspectives. regarding "evidence".
So how do you know that it’s always true for everyone that we can only speculate about supernatural truth if what you’re saying is also just speculation?

F

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
So how do you know that it’s always true for everyone that we can only speculate about supernatural truth if what you’re saying is also just speculation?
We're just sharing our personal opinions, that's all. If you want insist that you "know" that your speculations about supernatural things are "always true" and you are therefore being "objective", then that's your prerogative.

Moves
12 Oct 19

@fmf said
We're just sharing our personal opinions, that's all. If you want insist that you "know" that your speculations about supernatural things are "always true" and you are therefore being "objective", then that's your prerogative.
‘You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.’

If the Bible is to be believed, supernatural truth is knowable and the evidence for this is freedom in Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Oct 19
1 edit

@dj2becker said
‘You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.’
If the Bible is to be believed, supernatural truth is knowable and the evidence for this is freedom in Christ.
The key word in your post is “IF”.
Furthermore the scripture you cite is related to a subjective personal experience of spiritual freedom.

Being honest and frank with you, this topic is so uncontroversial (spiritual truth being subjectively experienced) that I think you are just fetchmyjunk trolling.

I don’t know why FMF gives you the time of day. You have to be the most boring poster in this forum. I’d rather be locked in a room with thinkofone for a day than meander through your moronic window-licking.

Moves
12 Oct 19

@divegeester said
The key word in your post is “IF”.
Furthermore the scripture you cite is related to a subjective personal experience of spiritual freedom.

Being honest and frank with you, this topic is so uncontroversial (spiritual truth being subjectively experienced) that I think you are just fetchmyjunk trolling.

I don’t know why FMF gives you the time of day. You have to be ...[text shortened]... ther be locked in a room with thinkofone for a day than meander through your moronic window-licking.
When you say scripture is related to a subjective personal experience, are you implying that what is written in the Bible is only true if you believe it and does not apply to all people at all times?

This is a serious question but I suspect you’re just going to dodge it and say I’m trolling.

F

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
You are free to make whatever you want of the Bible and to share whatever personal opinions it causes you to have.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
When you say scripture is related to a subjective personal experience, are you implying that what is written in the Bible is only true if you believe it and does not apply to all people at all times?
When you actually use what I said i may decide to reply.

And you are trolling.