Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Truth is the bottom line, those who profess they don't know it are simply admitting they don't have Jesus Christ who is the truth. So in essence they are calling out themselves as those who do not know the Truth, they don't know Jesus, they admit it and in some cases are proud of this.
You are fully entitled to share your personal opinions about what "the truth" is with regard to Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
03 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
Do you believe it’s a fact that truth is discovered or is that merely a subjective opinion?
So-called "truth" about angels, demons, gods, things like immortality and "divine will", and other magical phenomena and events may well be "discovered" from reading books or talking to people, but the beliefs that arise from this are merely subjective opinions.

F

Moves
03 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Truth is the bottom line, those who profess they don't know it are simply admitting they don't have Jesus Christ who is the truth. So in essence they are calling out themselves as those who do not know the Truth, they don't know Jesus, they admit it and in some cases are proud of this.
Gosh. Well, it's hardly surprising that non-Christians don't view Jesus Christ in the same way as you do.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
04 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
The truth doesn’t change according to our opinions. The truth is absolute and unchanging.
It is true that I am alive, I am mortal and will die, when I die it will no longer be true that I am alive.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Oct 19

@deepthought said
It is true that I am alive, I am mortal and will die, when I die it will no longer be true that I am alive.
Well now that is part of the great debate, if you do live on what then? That was a truth claim you have nothing by which to back up other than hopefulness. Scriptural doctrine that has stood the test of time says there is much more to this life than our living and dying.

F

Moves
04 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Well now that is part of the great debate, if you do live on what then? That was a truth claim you have nothing by which to back up other than hopefulness. Scriptural doctrine that has stood the test of time says there is much more to this life than our living and dying.
Scriptural doctrine that has stood the test of time says there is much more to this life than our living and dying.

Your assertion that this "Scriptural doctrine that has stood the test of time" is something "other than hopefulness" is entirely subjective on your part. Ask YOURSELF the question "if you do live on what then?" Have you really convinced yourself that - whatever your answer to it just so happens to be - it is "objective"?

Moves
04 Oct 19

@fmf said
I believe all we can do with regards to supernatural matters is speculate and then state our personal opinions about what we believe.
That’s not what I asked you.

F

Moves
04 Oct 19
2 edits

@dj2becker said
So-called "discovered truth" or "revealed truth" about supernatural things may well be "discovered" or "revealed" to you - in your mind - from reading books or talking to people, but the beliefs that arise from this are merely subjective opinions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
When someone cannot see past their own bellybutton, nothing will make sense to them outside of their own thoughts. Reality is reality, not to difficult a concept to grasp; it is what it is regardless of our ideas about it, or if we really understand it or not. Truth isn't objective or subjective; it is an absolute that doesn't change in time or space; those are more about us our perceptions of it, not the reality itself.

F

Moves
04 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
When someone cannot see past their own bellybutton, nothing will make sense to them outside of their own thoughts. Reality is reality, not to difficult a concept to grasp; it is what it is regardless of our ideas about it, or if we really understand it or not. Truth isn't objective or subjective; it is an absolute that doesn't change in time or space; those are more about us our perceptions of it, not the reality itself.
You can make all the self-affirming assertions you want about the "truth" of supernatural things to someone who agrees with you and pretend you are being "objective". But - gosh, KellyJay... "Reality is reality"? Don't you ever feel just a little bit self-conscious?

F

Moves
04 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Truth isn't objective or subjective; it is an absolute that doesn't change in time or space; those are more about us our perceptions of it, not the reality itself.
Your perception of the "truth" of unprovable things pertaining to divine beings is subjective.

F

Moves
04 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
When someone cannot see past their own bellybutton, nothing will make sense to them outside of their own thoughts.
Do you really think that people who have different beliefs than you "cannot see past their own bellybutton"? Is that what your "own thoughts" make you say in public?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Reality is reality, not to difficult a concept to grasp; it is what it is regardless of our ideas about it, or if we really understand it or not.
Really..!

Tell me again KellyJay, the multiheaded beast in Revelation which is wearing crowns on its head and being ridden by a whore who is wearing a robe dipped in the blood of Christians from down the centuries...

This is a literal real thing, right, you said Revelation “it’s all real it’s all literal”

Just checking in on YOUR reality.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Oct 19

Because goodness me...if you were forced to admit that some parts of Revelation like the giant flying locusts with heads of lions and the multiheaded beasts etc ... if you admitted some of this stuff was metaphorical and not real...then your precious lake of fire and Jesus overseeing the casting in of people might be a teensy-weensy bit in danger.

Mighten it?

Moves
06 Oct 19

@fmf said
So-called "discovered truth" or "revealed truth" about supernatural things may well be "discovered" or "revealed" to you - in your mind - from reading books or talking to people, but the beliefs that arise from this are merely subjective opinions.
I’m asking you about truth in general.

Do you believe it’s a fact that truth is discovered or is all truth merely a subjective opinion?

If you are unable to answer the question just say so.