Understanding Leviticus

Understanding Leviticus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @eladar
You seem to be quite dull.

I already explained your dilemma. The only problem here is your hypocrisy for claiming to be a christian. You claim to worship what you believe to be an evil God.
You haven’t explained how you overcome your dilemma, all you have done is asserted that in the OT God demanded the execution of homosexuals and that you consider that to have been morally acceptable then, but that it is not morally acceptable now.
How can that be?
God’s morallatity doesn’t change.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jan 18

Ok thanks for sharing your assumptions based on the spirit in your heart.

If you have to give commentary to explain what it means, then it is your interpretation.

Fact is you are led by a spirit in rebellion to God. You are the most evil because you claim to speak for God but spew Satan's lies.

Try to prove your point without commentary just scripture.
You are the one speaking for God. You incessantly tell us "what God means".

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Well really it is explaining what the dudes who wrote that crap meant. Can you really say you are fond of such stories as a man worth 50 shekels but a woman only 30? Or if a son defies his parents, he should be stoned to death? You really think a GOD would say such cruelites?

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Well really it is explaining what the dudes who wrote that crap meant. Can you really say you are fond of such stories as a man worth 50 shekels but a woman only 30? Or if a son defies his parents, he should be stoned to death? You really think a GOD would say such cruelites?
You keep going on about the shekel value of men and women in a an ancient society as though it was crime of the millennium. It was normal in those days and in all civilisations, for men to be worth more than women as they were physically stronger and could do more physical work; I explained this to you a few days ago.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 18
2 edits

Anybody have a heart to see how Christ is portrayed in the first five offerings in Leviticus ?

1.) 1:1-17 the burnt offering
2.) 2:1-16 the meal offering
3.) 3:1-17 the peace offering
4.) 4:1-35 the sin offering
5.) 5:1-6:7 the trespass offering

E

Moves
15 Jan 18

No, the Bible is speaking for God. Or I should say the Bible in Leviticus 20 records what God actually said.

You decide to believe God didn't actually say this so you can continue to spew lies.

E

Moves
15 Jan 18

And my problem is with people who make stuff up about God only to justify their own bigotry, racism and sexism.
Well then quit making stuff up.

As sonship points out I am not making it up.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Jan 18

You approach the bible as a child might a Peter and Jane book. You take everything at face value and apply virtually no thought or understanding to what you have read.

In this respect you are at the other end of the spectrum to sonship who tends to overthink what he has read and ends up seeing things that aren't there.

E

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
You approach the bible as a child might a Peter and Jane book. You take everything at face value and apply virtually no thought or understanding to what you have read.

In this respect you are at the other end of the spectrum to sonship who tends to overthink what he has read and ends up seeing things that aren't there.
By that you mean believe what the Bible says is actually true. Sure, I agree with that.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Jan 18
1 edit

By that you mean believe what the Bible says is actually true. Sure, I agree with that.
You read my last post at, "face value and applied virtually no thought or understanding to what you had read."

E

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
You read my last post at, "face value and applied virtually no thought or understanding to what you had read."
Applied virtually no thought is in the eye of the beholder. It is only natural that you would hold such an opinion.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You keep going on about the shekel value of men and women in a an ancient society as though it was crime of the millennium. It was normal in those days and in all civilisations, for men to be worth more than women as they were physically stronger and could do more physical work; I explained this to you a few days ago.
And you think I don't understand that. My bitch is the idea this crap came from a GOD. A god, lets say the bible creation tale is true, so this god creates a man, then creates a woman. Do you seriously think it put in its background notes, well, this man GODDA be worth 50 shekels, but a woman, Yeech, I give her only 30 and not sure if she is even worth THAT much. Come on, THAT is my bitch, people putting out that kind of crap and then carving it in stone as if it were actually some kind of god specification.

My point is god had nothing to do with those words and they were put there for the express purpose of being able to say, see, GOD told us you are only worth half that of a man. And so it goes the same, right up to today and well into the future, 3000+ years later the same bullshyte tale is told AND believed to come from a frigging god.

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
And you think I don't understand that. My bitch is the idea this crap came from a GOD. A god, lets say the bible creation tale is true, so this god creates a man, then creates a woman. Do you seriously think it put in its background notes, well, this man GODDA be worth 50 shekels, but a woman, Yeech, I give her only 30 and not sure if she is even worth THA ...[text shortened]... ure, 3000+ years later the same bullshyte tale is told AND believed to come from a frigging god.
You should make this point more often.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 18
2 edits

I don't know why you're referring to me here.

But the difference between us seems to be that you're eager to teach that Leviticus is on your side to be seething with meanness at the presence of sinful people in your society.

I want to show Christ is the salvation to all kinds of sinners.

I don't mind getting to Leviticus 18 about the sexual sins latter. But I do not want to skip over the rich symbolism of Christ as all sinners' salvation. Leviticus lays that foundation. It is important to get into the outline of this tough book.

1.) 1:1-17 the burnt offering
2.) 2:1-16 the meal offering
3.) 3:1-17 the peace offering
4.) 4:1-35 the sin offering
5.) 5:1-6:7 the trespass offering

Moves
16 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
But I do not want to skip over the rich symbolism of Christ as all sinners' salvation. Leviticus lays that foundation. It is important to get into the outline of this tough book.
I may have missed it but I don’t think you adequately addressed ghost of a duke’s excellent observation which he put to you; that you seem quite happy to accept symbolism of Leviticus but not the symbolism of virtually the entire (tough) book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ, particularly in the construction of your eternal suffering dogma. Why is this?