1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 04:53
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I don't know why you're referring to me here.

But the difference between us seems to be that you're eager to teach that [b]Leviticus
    is on your side to be seething with meanness at the presence of sinful people in your society.

I want to show Christ is the salvation to all kinds of sinners.

I don't mind getting to Leviticus 18 about t ...[text shortened]... [/b]
    4.) 4:1-35 the sin offering
    5.) 5:1-6:7 the trespass offering [/quote][/b]
    Wrong son referenced.

Do you deny God ordered the execution of homosexuals?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 10:032 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Wrong son referenced.

Do you deny God ordered the execution of homosexuals?
    Whether an execution was ordered for homosexual or not, do you deny that the offerings were to be availed to for the worship of God?

Then while I speak of the awfulness of sin it is also prudent to teach of the atoning redemption of Christ.

Do you think Leviticus 18 should have been the first chapter? Next time you're God you can arrange the book your way. As it stands He wants us to see Christ as our absolute one, Christ as the perfect humanity, Christ as the answer for the sinning nature of fallen man, Christ as the brand new start and peace, Christ for each specific trespass.

So you go on and emphasize executions.
    I want the people to see Christ, Christ, Christ, Christ, Christ.

If some homosexual is reading rather than her being impressed with the level of your hatred for them, I think the spirit of the Christian should be to show them -

We can have Christ as our all-inclusive effective way from God for fallen man to be reconciled to God and healed.

Do you deny that the whole Bible conveys this good news to mankind?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 10:17
    But the Bible would have believers see Christ as the reality of the offerings. That is why the New Testament spoke of Christ as "the Lamb of God". He is the all-inclusive offering that takes away the sin of the world.

I learned from men whole for years and years had deep experience and enjoyment of Christ. And they knew the Scripture.

"God, having spoken of old in many portions and in many ways to the fathers in the prophets, Has at the last of these days spoken to us in the Son, whom He appointed Heir of all things, through whom also He made the universe;

Who being the effulgence of His glory and the impress of His substance and upholding all things by the word of His power, having made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." (Heb. 1:1-3)

This is only the barest beginning of the long New Testament book of Hebrews proving that the offerings of the Old Testament all pointed to the offering of the Son of God.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 10:22
    Whether an execution was ordered for homosexual or not, do you deny that the offerings were to be availed to for the worship of God?

Then while I speak of the awfulness of sin it is also prudent to teach of the atoning redemption of Christ.

Do you think [b]Leviticus 18
    should have been the first chapter? Next time you're God you can arrange th ...[text shortened]... nciled to God and healed.

Do you deny that the whole Bible conveys this good news to mankind?[/b]
    Those who were executed were not followers of God, therefore would not have been followers of Christ.

I take it you admit to worshipping God, who ordered the execution of homosexuals. So far you would be the first liberal to actually admit this.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 10:302 edits
    I spoke some about the burnt offering. There is much more to speak. The meal offering is rich also in symbolism as Christ in His human living.

The footnote in the Recovery Version Bible for Lev. 2:1 starting on the meal offering says this:

The meal offering typifies Christ in His human living. The emphasis of the burnt offering (ch.1) is on Christ's living for God, being obedient to God even unto death (Phil.2:8), implying His living but emphasizing His death. The emphasis of the meal offering is on Christ's human living and daily walk, implying His death but emphasizing His living (see note 13[1]). the burnt offering emphasizes that Christ is the righteousness of God (1 Cor. 1:30; cf. 2 Cor. 5:21) whereas the meal offering emphasizes that Christ is righteous before God (1 John 2:4).

Christ is the righteousness of God.
    Christ was righteous before God.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 10:381 edit
    Some teach that the flour of the meal offering stands for the humanity of Christ which is fine.

Christ was a fine and tender man.
    Christ was a balanced and perfect in His humanity.

Christ as a man was always right in every way. There was neither excess nor deficiency in His manhood.

In the meal offering the beauty and excellency of Christ is conveyed. The wheat of the beautiful wheat fields of the land of Canaan produced the fine flour for the meal offering. But the flour came from the wheat that passed through a process.

Cont. below.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 10:48
    Christ is God who became a man and lived on the earth. In that living before He offered Himself to God for us all, He passed through the suffering of a human life of sorrows.

The powerful Messianic Isaiah 53 shows the human living of the Suffering Servant Who offered Himself to God for us.

" For He grew up like a tender plant before Him, And like a root out of dry ground.

He has no attracting form nor majesty that we should look upon Him, Nor beautiful appearance that we should desire Him." (Isa. 53:2)

The beauty of Jesus was not the Hollywood beauty. He may have been a homely man. But the depth of His sorrow made His ability to emphathize with sinners utterly beautiful.

The Gospel of Luke has been described as the most beautiful book ever written. Luke goes out of his way to emphasize the humanity of the man Jesus.

It is good to read Luke through to fall in love with the beauty of the fine, tender, empathetic, balanced manhood of Jesus the Savior.

Jesus is the reality of the meal offering in Leviticus.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 10:56

The Gospel of Luke has been described as the most beautiful book ever written. Luke goes out of his way to emphasize the humanity of the man Jesus.

It is good to read Luke through to fall in love with the beauty of the fine, tender, empathetic, balanced manhood of Jesus the Savior.

Jesus is the reality of the meal offering in Leviticus.[/b]
    As soon as your heart is moved by the fineness and beauty of the man Jesus you should tell Him that you love Him. Don't wait.

Lord Jesus, I have only read three chapters of the Gospel of Luke. I am struck by Your beauty. Whether I am ready or not, Lord Jesus, I want to tell You that I love You.

You attract me Lord Jesus."

Save yourself years. Save yourself decades.
    As soon as you are touched by the beauty of Jesus, don't look at yourself. Look instead at Jesus and tell Him that you love Him.

Amen.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 11:11
    Christ was fine, tender, balanced, with no excess and no deficiency because He passed through the process of the sorrow of human life.

As Isaiah says further:

"He was despised and forsaken of men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;

There is probably no sorrow that the essence of Jesus did not also undergo as a man. His end was with a crown of THORNS - crowning His long life on earth with the sorrows of a man.

Isaiah continues:

"And like one from whom men hide their faces, He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Surely, He has borne our sicknesses; And carried our sorrows; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God and afflicted." (Isa. 53:3b-4)

I still am not too sure what it means that we hid our faces from this Suffering One. What do you think?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 11:192 edits
    Those who were executed were not followers of God, therefore would not have been followers of Christ.

I take it you admit to worshipping God, who ordered the execution of homosexuals. So far you would be the first liberal to actually admit this.

Whatever our national philosophy or cultural logic
    we need to see Christ as the burnt offering - the only one absolute for the will of His Father. And we need to see Christ as the meal offering - the only perfectly fine, perfectly balanced, righteously level human being who lived.

We offer Him to God for God is satisfied only with His Son and only His Son meets our need - everyone of us.

I would like that we all would see just a little of Christ in all of those offerings in the first chapters of Leviticus up front.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 12:28

we need to see Christ as the [b]burnt offering
    - the only one absolute for the will of His Father. And we need to see Christ as the me ...[text shortened]... a little of Christ in all of those offerings in the first chapters of [b]Leviticus up front.[/b]
    Just a guess, but it looks like you are talking to yourself again🙂
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 12:35

we need to see Christ as the [b]burnt offering
    - the only one absolute for the will of His Father. And we need to see Christ as the me ...[text shortened]... a little of Christ in all of those offerings in the first chapters of [b]Leviticus up front.[/b]
    So God's instruction to execute homosexuals is based on US cultural logic. Got it.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 12:41
    So God's instruction to execute homosexuals is based on US cultural logic. Got it.
    I don't know what you "got" but don't thank me.

See if you can put together two consecutive positive sentences that encourages the sinner to come to Jesus for salvation. I mean we've seen plenty of your enthusiasm for public executions already in many threads.

Have you ever heard of the expression "the gospel of peace" (Eph. 6:15) ?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 12:441 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Just a guess, but it looks like you are talking to yourself again🙂
    Maybe. But can't lose. I enjoy the word of God and it gives me a chance to study it too!

Sorry if you have nothing so exciting to live for.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 12:47
    Why is this important to you? That god commanded the execution of homosexuals.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree