unifying truth

unifying truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
19 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I have limited credit so I would like a gist before I went to a link.

(So much crap out there)
Don't know why CP is insisting on jerking you around, but "TOS" stands for "Terms of Service" which is just the rules for this site. If you want to read what it says, just click on the link at the bottom of the page under "Support"

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
19 Dec 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Don't know why CP is insisting on jerking you around, but "TOS" stands for "Terms of Service" which is just the rules for this site. If you want to read what it says, just click on the link at the bottom of the page under "Support"
Or just read the words in the link. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜‰

P

weedhopper

Moves
19 Dec 10

Originally posted by Doward
is their one? If we examine all the major world belief's (minor ones welcome as well), is there a truth that can unify us rather than divide us?
Sure--the Hippocratic Oath had it pretty close with "do no harm". The oft quoted Golden Rule I would consider a unifying truth to live by. As for the best simple truth, Descartes gets my vote.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Dec 10

Thank you, my good man.

I shalll pass after all....

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Dec 10

Seems like Christians should embrace truth, but that doesn't seem to be the reality. That's what makes it "remarkable".
Ok.

I hear what you're saying and I think you're on to something.

But for some reason I'm not making the connection. If a Christian is one who has embraced Jesus as the son of God, and Jesus is the truth, then how is it that you say they don't?

I understand that folks who call themselves Christians don't always pursue the truth wholeheartedly, but there's an awful lot of truth to embrace. Don't you believe God accepts us as we are when we plead for His mercy, and that God will save us even when we are not fully cognizant of the whole truth? After all, who knows it all?

w

Moves
20 Dec 10

Originally posted by josephw
Ok.

But for some reason I'm not making the connection. If a Christian is one who has embraced Jesus as the son of God, and Jesus is the truth, then how is it that you say they don't?

I understand that folks who call themselves Christians don't always pursue the truth wholeheartedly, but t ...[text shortened]... us even when we are not fully cognizant of the whole truth? After all, who knows it all?
I think you will find that TOO thinks all Christians are hell bound.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yeah ok. Do what you have to . After all, its just pixelated dots on a screen.

I really like ToO. He does so much work for me.
I know we have a mutual disagreement (you and I and ToO), but did you really have to report him? C'mon man. Its just a forum.
After a few times you get tired of it....

P

weedhopper

Moves
20 Dec 10

Originally posted by galveston75
I rarely agree with your posts, but I applaud your reporting abuses. Forum or not, this place is beginning to stink to high "heaven" (if I may), and I've been reporfting every off-color, insulting line of text for the past 2 weeks. Like you, I just got tired of it.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
20 Dec 10

http://www.scarboromissions.ca/Golden_rule/sacred_texts.php

The Golden Rule Across the World's Religions
Thirteen Sacred Texts - English Version

[b]Bahá'í Faith

Lay not on any soul a load that you would not wish to be laid upon you, and desire not for anyone the things you would not desire for yourself.

Bahá'u'lláh, Gleanings

Buddhi ...[text shortened]... b]
Do not do unto others whatever is injurious to yourself.

Shayast-na-Shayast 13.29
Perfection !

T

Moves
20 Dec 10
1 edit

You seem to be alluding to this false accusation you made which was one of several:
"This guy has a long past of harassing me"

Once again, either back it up by citing threads with page numbers or retract your accusations and apologize. If you are a person of integrity, you'll do one or the other.

T

Moves
20 Dec 10
3 edits

Originally posted by josephw
Ok.

I understand that folks who call themselves Christians don't always pursue the truth wholeheartedly, but t us even when we are not fully cognizant of the whole truth? After all, who knows it all?
If a Christian tells lies, uses other forms of deceit, is a hypocrite, etc., has he embraced truth or as you say, "Jesus"? I've known many Christians including several who regularly post on this forum who evidently think nothing of engaging in any or all of the above.

Here's what Jesus had to say:
John 8
43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

T

Moves
20 Dec 10

Originally posted by buckky
Perfection !
Yeah, too bad it seems to have been largely ignored.

P

weedhopper

Moves
20 Dec 10

If a Christian tells lies, uses other forms of deceit, is a hypocrite, etc., has he embraced truth or as you say, "Jesus"? I've known many Christians including several who regularly post on this forum who evidently think nothing of engaging in any or all of the above.

Here's what Jesus had to say:
John 8
43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? ...[text shortened]... he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies
.[/b]
I think I can say unequivocally that Jesus was NOT referring to those who truly accept Him as Savior and genuinely live a Christian life in thought word and deed to the best of their ability when he made those comments. God does not expect pefection from us---if He did, don't you think He'd be settin' Himself up for some mighty mountain of disappointment? Not to mention, since we are NOT perfect, He'd have some sort of complex, which we know He doesn't. In short,
GOD DOES, IN FACT, CUT US A LOT OF SLACK. Because we need it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Dec 10

(If you got nothing good to say,and the topic is abuse(which is implied i should refrain from), i'll just have to leave this little smiley as a response - :'( )

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Dec 10

Yeah, too bad it seems to have been largely ignored.
I liked it too. Very concise๐Ÿ˜‰