unifying truth

unifying truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
23 Dec 10

Originally posted by josephw
John 8:45 [b]"And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

From the context of the passage you quote it can be surmised that as children of the Devil the religious rulers that Jesus was speaking to didn't believe Jesus because He spoke the truth.

But there is more than one way to lie. One can lie simply because he doesn't have fu ...[text shortened]... u a direct question? Do you know someone other than Jesus that is perfect in every way?[/b]
You seem to have lost the thread of the discussion. Please reread our posts.

T

Moves
23 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Indeed he should. I've already reprted him and received a reply and asked for further of his posted "missives" . Expressing opinion and calling it such is acceptable. Condemning an entire group to hell because of some writings that don not even out-date the Gettysburg Address is quite another.

One good thing: Those moderators I so often take shots at---I can say with confidence that they ARE on the job.
Condemning an entire group to hell because of some writings that don not even out-date the Gettysburg Address is quite another.

I have no idea what any of the above might have to do with me:

"Condemning an entire group to hell..."? When have I condemned anyone to hell?

"...some writings that don not even out-date the Gettysburg Address..." What writings are you talking about?

Do you have me confused with someone else?

Moves
23 Dec 10

Originally posted by Doward
is their one? If we examine all the major world belief's (minor ones welcome as well), is there a truth that can unify us rather than divide us?
There is a unifying truth. You desperately need a spellchecker.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Dec 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You seem to have lost the thread of the discussion. Please reread our posts.
I lost nothing at all. You are simply doing what you do best.

It is sad how you do that. It makes it meaningless to discuss anything with you.

It happens every time.

You are essentially of the same ilk as vishva or even old taco. You think you are God.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Dec 10

Originally posted by Badwater
There is a unifying truth. You desperately need a spellchecker.
You desperately need something to say.

T

Moves
23 Dec 10

Originally posted by josephw
I lost nothing at all. You are simply doing what you do best.

It is sad how you do that. It makes it meaningless to discuss anything with you.

It happens every time.

You are essentially of the same ilk as vishva or even old taco. You think you are God.
The following was the point of my last post:
"If a Christian tells lies, uses other forms of deceit, is a hypocrite, etc., has he embraced truth or as you say, 'Jesus'? I've known many Christians including several who regularly post on this forum who evidently think nothing of engaging in any or all of the above."

Instead of answering the question or addressing it, you seem to have gone off on a tangent about "perfect understanding".

I was hoping to get you back on track. Instead of doing so, evidently you've chosen to throw a hissy fit capped off by some nonsensical assertion that "[I] think [I] am God". How you drew that conclusion is beyond me. Some will do most anything in order to avoid points that challenge their position.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Dec 10

"If a Christian tells lies, uses other forms of deceit, is a hypocrite, etc., has he embraced truth or as you say, 'Jesus'? I've known many Christians including several who regularly post on this forum who evidently think nothing of engaging in any or all of the above."

Instead of answering the question or ...[text shortened]... me. Some will do most anything in order to avoid points that challenge their position.
Yep, based on your posting, you would've been half way down my list with a little note saying "still not sure about this one" ,on the question of claiming to be god.

I see most of your posting as working through the nuts 'n' bolts of other posters arguements/posts. It must take you some time and patience to deal with your replies as well as you do.

Some posters post some nice things (not only here but all across the forums and boards), only to have me reeling with their second or third reply, which often seems so judgmental/mental/out of line/derogatory/etc. and sometimes I almost think its a joke. Unfortunately for the most part it is not a joke.

Keep it up, Think of One, your efforts are not wasted on me , cheers.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Dec 10

Instead of answering the question or ...[text shortened]... me. Some will do most anything in order to avoid points that challenge their position.
I'm not throwing a hissy fit at all. I'm perfectly composed as always. You have misread me altogether.

I was engaged in a discussion with you until you began to obfuscate. I've been reading your posts and debates in this forum for years now. Your doing it again.

You do it with every single individual who has ever tried to have a normal, intelligent, rational discussion with you. It always turns into an argument.

I was having an honest exchange with you, and you turned on me.

It's YOU ThinkOfOne, that killed our discussion. You are not genuine. Therefore you are dishonest. The same as a liar. Don't forget what Jesus said by all means!

P

weedhopper

Moves
24 Dec 10
2 edits

[b]If God can get a rich man into heaven with the same effort as swueezing a camel thru a needle;s eyelet, I don't think His Almighty will have any difficulty opening the gates for Christians (imperfect, warts and all) and allowing us to enter into His holy prescence for all enernity, basking in His glory and wisdom.

Once again, you seem to project .

Matthew 5
48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.[/b]
And once again---ANYTHING is possible with God.

It's very simple: I believe God is more powerful than you do. I know that, though we sin, we can be saved by His grace alone. And ARE saved by such. No, it doesn't mean we can go out and lie, and cheat, and not pay our taxes, and vote for Palin, and do all manner of hideous things 🙂 but it DOES mean that when we do sin (err, slip, backslide, whatever euphemism your denomination wished to use), we are not $4!^ out of luck. We aren't destined to hell, and God still loves us and accepts us as His own. That is the ONLY thing I said. So PLEASE, for God's sake, there's no need to cut and paste the whole diatribe again for the 4th time. B elieve me--I DID read it. I'm sure we all know the "and because I tell you the truth you believe me not" passage. Shall we move along to chapter 2?

P

weedhopper

Moves
24 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
ThinkofOne? Really? you reported him?

Sometimes I think this forum is bizzarro world, with the song and dance about "taco and vishy" 'n' such....😞
Silliness and whimsy I can tolerate.

T

Moves
24 Dec 10

Originally posted by Doward
is their one? If we examine all the major world belief's (minor ones welcome as well), is there a truth that can unify us rather than divide us?
I find the mystical understandings of all religions and metaphysical philosophies saying essentially the same thing.

Aldous Huxley wrote on the "Perennial Philosophy", a unifying concept emerging from 14th Century onwards that underlies many religious and non-religious understandings. In it he enumerates a number of unifying ideas.
I do not however think all can be fitted therein. There will always be separative and often violent interpretations that lack wider insight or depart radically from the harmonizing norm, eg, radical separative fundamentalism of all sorts and others, such as pseudo-religious Nazism or Satanism, (which, for me, does not include forms of benevolent Wiccan or "pagan" and shamanic understandings.).

However, beyond overt philosophies and religions the non-dual perception of the highest includes all, even the evil and bad. The extremes of all opposites are perfectly and finally resolved therein, in non-dualistic understandings, such as Dzogchen;

"There is only one resolution - self-sprung awareness itself,
which is spaciousness without beginning or end;
everything is complete, all structure dissolved,
all experience abiding in the heart of reality."

A fuller explanation of the Perennial Philosophy is found in Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perennial_philosophy

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Dec 10

sOriginally posted by Taoman
I find the mystical understandings of all religions and metaphysical philosophies saying essentially the same thing.

Aldous Huxley wrote on the "Perennial Philosophy", a unifying concept emerging from 14th Century onwards that underlies many religious and non-religious understandings. In it he enumerates a number of unifying ideas.
I do not however thin ...[text shortened]... rennial Philosophy is found in Wiki:

Awareness can only be beneficial if it comes from the purified mind that is not in illusion.

Practically the whole world is under illusion, and their minds come up with all sought of crazy assumptions.....like theirs no God, and life is an accident.

Vedanta Sutra presents the proper teachings to purify the mind and senses, so the awareness is true and without error.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Dec 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Silliness and whimsy I can tolerate.
touchy?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Dec 10

Originally posted by Taoman

I do not however think ...[text shortened]... rennial Philosophy is found in Wiki:

Indeed , I would put the "Perrenial Philosophy" high on any real truth seekers booklist...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Awareness can only be beneficial if it comes from the purified mind that is not in illusion.

Practically the whole world is under illusion, and their minds come up with all sought of crazy assumptions.....like theirs no God, and life is an accident.

Vedanta Sutra presents the proper teachings to purify the mind and senses, so the awareness is true and without error.
Out with it already- You are into devotion. That is your bent.
That to me is one of only three spiritual "bents". The other two being "the way of thinking" and "the way of good works" , those two harmonize with the "way of devotion" which makes a more complete picture of the spiritiual path , and not just seeming like your folllowing some dogma, but actually following your heart.