1. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 16:081 edit
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    Lets do this. Try some of the things i talked about here. Take a piece of paper, write out some overts and witholds. The proper way to do this is to read the book-Introduction to Scientology Ethics. or take a basic couse like Ethics an ...[text shortened]... hen you might just get a taste of a technology that really works!
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.

This sounds very much like a reworking of Catholocism for the new age man.

Overts sounds like a new word for sin.
    Writing down your sin is a formal and legalistic form of confession.
    The 'qualified ethics officer' is the priest.
    The 'release' you gain is like forgiveness.

So...is the only reason one doesn't just become a Catholic (or a protestant)... to avoid the God part?

I suggest you rethink your rethinking.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 16:101 edit
    I must admit I am enjoying this thread more so than one of RBHILL's bible studies. Call it an overt pleasure, if you will. 😛
  3. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 16:26
    Originally posted by Starrman
    ADD is made up is it? You are right, it is ridiculous, the idea that medical disorders like ADD and mental health problems can be cleared up by taking vitamins or just 'looking at the words in a different way' is just plain nonsense. You are a fool if you have invested your life in such charlatanism .
    So, taking ritilin, and prozac, and other assorted drugs are ok? but simply looking up any misunderstood word is too hard!??
    Have you ever done this?
    Did you know that all school shootings, and related killings have a physchiatric link. All those kids where on a drug of some kind, most likely prozac.
    do any Psychiatric drugs cure you? i can give you a million dollars if you can prove that these drugs go to the root of the problem, and cure it.
    I know i dont have to get the money together, because even the psychiatrist cant prove that drugs do anything except mediacate, and destroy a person. www.cchr.org
    Simple technology found out by L.Ron Hubbard, is so simple and effective, that the drug pushers (pharmaceutical companys) are scared to death that they wont make billions of dollars pushing drugs on kids and adults, when there is very effective technology that can help anyone with a "learning disorder"
    If its "charlatanism" as you say, the what is Psychiatry? Do you really beleive that harmfull drugs will cure someone of "ADD"?
    Try what i said, look for misunderstood words, and look them up with dictionary. If it doesnt help you understand what your reading more, then maybe im a fool. Or maybe your afraid to find out that it makes sense?
  4. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 16:29
    For more on the drug and "ADD" link go to www.cchr.org
    Thanks
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 16:352 edits
    So, taking ritilin, and prozac, and other assorted drugs are ok? but simply looking up any misunderstood word is too hard!??
    Have you ever done this?
    Did you know that all school shootings, and related killings have a physchiatric ...[text shortened]... e im a fool. Or maybe your afraid to find out that it makes sense?
    "Did you know that all school shootings, and related killings have a physchiatric link. All those kids where on a drug of some kind, most likely prozac."

Which ass did you pull this fact from?

"Simple technology found out by L.Ron Hubbard, is so simple and effective, that the drug pushers (pharmaceutical companys) are scared to death that they wont make billions of dollars pushing drugs on kids and adults, when there is very effective technology that can help anyone with a "learning disorder"

Prozac doesn't treat learning disorders.

"Try what i said, look for misunderstood words, and look them up with dictionary."

Isn't this what most people do anyways? 😕

6. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 16:42
    Originally posted by darvlay
    [b]"Did you know that all school shootings, and related killings have a physchiatric link. All those kids where on a drug of some kind, most likely prozac."

Which ass did you pull this fact from?

"Simple technology found out by L.Ron Hubbard, is so simple and effective, that the drug pushers (pharmaceutical companys) are scared to death that ...[text shortened]... ds, and look them up with dictionary."

Isn't this what most people do anyways? 😕

[/b]
    I pulled it from: www.cchr.org

and http://www.counselingthatworks.com/links.htm

Flame me all you want. Your wasting your keystrokes.
    Investigate the web sites above.
    Im not sure why theres so much hostility about my post.
    Maybe theres too much ignorance about scientology?
    Maybe some investigation on your part will do more to prove me wrong, then acting like small children, and posting innane comments here.
    Like I said, check it out for your self. Living with so much anger, and apathy cant be good for your health
  7. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 17:53
    Intresting testomonials i just found from amazon about this book.
    Theres a few negitive comments (like wow! really?) but i found an intresting one from someone who uses the tech in her life, and what she thinks about it:

If you read it and get it, you'll understand...., June 13, 2005
    Reviewer: E. A Kelsey "Elizabeth" (LA, CA United States) - See all my reviews

People who diss Dianetics/Scientology are either:
    1.) Incredibly suppressive and don't want people to get better
    2.) psychiatrists who will lose their cosey, governmet funded jobs
    3.) Ignorant on what it is, as they haven't read the book, or if they did, went by words they didn't understand and therefore didn't get the subject matter
    4.)miseducated; their cousin's uncle's father's dog told them it was evil or something, and they've adhered to that 'fact'
    5.) were part of Scientology at some point and did something bad to a Scientologist and are trying to point the finger at them in order to make themselves feel better.

SO, If you want to know what Scientology IS, rather than the BS stories of how we are a 'cult' or worship aliens or whatever ingenious other rumor some idiot concocted:
    1.) Read Dianetics and make sure to look up any confusing words
    2.) FInd a local church and TALK to the people. A bunch of them, too. Do they seem wierd? Did they take off their shoe and hit you with it? No, but that would be really funny... Get to know how honest and ethical they ARE.
    3.) Read another book, like Fundamentals of thought, or do a basic course. Come on, it's like 10-30 bucks, and it is life changing.
    THEN, you will be educated enough and will have a better idea.
    I, myself, have used what L. Ron Hubbard wrote and have helped numerous people get off of drugs. I've also helped people learn to study, and learning how to learn is NOT taught at schools.( god, I wish I had this info before I went to Oxford, as it would have made my education easier..)
    GET THE TRUTH. NOT THE MALICIOUS LIES THAT RABID ANTAGONISTS LIKE TO SPOUT OUT. They're not cool, really...
  8. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 18:01
    OK, heres one more testomonial, then ill leave you alone. (got to get back to helping people with dianetics)

Thank Goodness it's not psychology!!!, May 30, 2005
    Reviewer: Mr. R. Kellum (London) - See all my reviews

I bought this book in 1998 and it changed my life. I had tried the "acceptable" forms of help available to people today and ended up losing money and time and actually getting worse. I'd read a lot of the so-called "academic psychology" (Freud, Jung, Laing, etc) and did not find one thing in any of them that made me feel better or gave me any hope that I might get better--Freud's work made me think my impulse toward artistic endeavors was merely the result of frustrated childhood sexual desires, Jung made me feel I must get in touch with my "animus" and my "archetypes" (whatever they are), and Laing, well...let's not even go there.

Then I found this book in a used bookshop for 20p. It was the first book I'd read that explained the mind in a way that made sense, and I suspect it's because L. Ron Hubbard wasn't trying to make a name for himself in academia, where you have to overcomplicate things in order to confuse people so that they then must turn to you as the one and only "expert" who's clever enough to understand such "complexities". (I am allowed to say that, as I have done a Master of Arts degree, and have seen it first-hand.) On the contrary, L. Ron Hubbard was trying to find something that worked in order to help his fellow man.

The technique is simple and works. And contrary to some of the reviews here, Dianetic auditing does not cost a lot of money. A simple intro course costs about £20, and on that course you can receive as much auditing as you want. This is in contrast to what a psychiatrist charges for the privilege of subscribing a lot of dangerous drugs to you that will potentially make you either violent or suicidal or both (see numerous articles on the effects of Prozac, Ritalin, any other psych drug that's ever been marketed).

As a result, my life has done nothing but improve over the six years I've been using the techniques in this book. My family life is better, my health is better, and I have a much better job, and a great outlook for the future--and it all started with the 20 pence I spent on this book in 1998. So my adivce is, read the book and really use the techniques outlined there. And don't be frightened off by people who try to tell you it's dangerous. They have their own motives, and your well-being isn't one of them.

9. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 20:28
    Dianetics is a way of opening the mind and unlocking its true power. Most people's minds are like machines choked with dust and dirt representing negativity and doubt. Dianetics is a method able to clear your mind.

Unfortunately the mainstream media try to suppress this revolutionary new method by mocking it. Their motives become clear when you realise that their viewer and reader numbers would plummet if everyone had clear minds. Due to their iron grip on the minds of the populace, it is a sad fact that many humans will never experience their true potential.

10. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 20:38
    Originally posted by PotatoError
    Dianetics is a way of opening the mind and unlocking its true power. Most people's minds are like machines choked with dust and dirt representing negativity and doubt. Dianetics is a method able to clear your mind.

Unfortunately the mainstream media try to suppress this revolutionary new method by mocking it. Their motives become clear when you reali ...[text shortened]... opulace, it is a sad fact that many humans will never experience their true potential.

Thank you! well said
  11. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 22:39
    Thank you! well said
    uh-huh.

Say, out of curiosity, what OT have you reached, Grandmouster? How about you, Potato Error?
  12. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 00:39
    I am not a scientologist
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 10:18
    [b]I recently finished the Dianetcs course based on the book by L.Ron Hubbard.
    I have received about 20 hours of Dianetic processing, and got noticeable gains, including increased mental focus, in chess and life.
    Are you clear?
    The process of auditting is very expensive.
    I have software which helps you do it yourself.
    In Love there is Life
    Angela
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 10:40
    I'd like to know if scientologists recommend any books other than dianetics, or if there are books which are similar (maybe not as good). Or is dianetics quite unique?

15. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 11:031 edit
    dianetics
    indicates
    aid in sect.
    inside act,
    aid is cent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree