1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 20:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This happens a lot here but I'm going to pick one example to make a point. Recently in another forum where there was a heated exchange occurring, a Christian poster used James 4:4 to, I presume, call me spiritually adulterous and an enemy of God. I say presume, because the poster (jospehw) refused to clarify what he meant, despite repeated requests to do ...[text shortened]... le you don't like on the Internet.

What people's thoughts are on using the Bible in this way?
    You parrot the views of those self proclaimed detractors of God's Word, especially when engaging with those who believe in what the Bible says.

In the thread titled "Why Americans are fat and loud" you joined in with atheist to "insult" another Christian, which is why I made the statement, "you make strange bedfellows" and referenced James 4:4.

If you feel insulted, then maybe it's because you have a guilty conscience.

I think this thread was started by you simply to continue the pattern you've established in this site of slandering and impugning the character and beliefs of those that have actual Biblically based views, right alongside your unbelieving counterparts.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 22:05
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You mean apart from all the parts of the bible that explicitly state that you have to believe in god/JC to be 'saved' [go to heaven] ?
    The Catholic Church doesn't necessarily follow every verse in the Bible to the letter.

I repeat, there is not explicit doctrine that says that all atheists go to hell. There has been much argument about it in history and questions such as what happens to babies who die before baptism have been worried about by many.
    There is also the question of deathbed conversions.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 23:442 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    You parrot the views of those self proclaimed detractors of God's Word, especially when engaging with those who believe in what the Bible says.

In the thread titled "Why Americans are fat and loud" you joined in with atheist to "insult" another Christian, which is why I made the statement, "you make strange bedfellows" and referenced James 4:4.

If you ...[text shortened]... of those that have actual Biblically based views, right alongside your unbelieving counterparts.
    I started this thread to explore the the core premise stated in the OP and to call you out for your passive agressive hypocrisy.

My posting here reflects my honest perspective on what I read, not the religion of the poster who posts it. This means that when I see theists, including Christians, or atheists being hypocritical, rude, extreme, hateful or simply stupid, I will comment on it as I see fit. You and other Christians who share your partisan and unprincipled approach to posting will frequently clash with me because of this.

I find the intellectual dishonestly and spiteful attitudes of most of the Christians here to be far worse than anything I've experienced from non Christians. I was not insulted by your comment, and even if I was, that would not be indicative of my having a guilty conscience.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:12
    So you believe that divegeester is "an enemy of God"?
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 02:421 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you believe that divegeester is "an enemy of God"?
    It does seem that Divegeester is critical of those who express Christian ideas eventhough he claims to be a Christian.
    Just a thought, maybe Divegeester enjoys playing the Devil's advocate.
    It does give him opportunity to learn.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 04:05
    Originally posted by roigam
    It does seem that Divegeester is critical of those who express Christian ideas eventhough he claims to be a Christian.
    Are you able to process or embrace diversity and dissent at all, or have you surrendered the ability to do so in order to enjoy a sense of belonging and imputed righteousness?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 05:54
    JWs are critical of everyone who is not JW. I have noticed that they are incapable of being critical of fellow JWs. I can't say that that is a good thing.

I also notice that you are being critical of Divegeester (a Christian) and to try and get away with your criticism have labelled him 'claims to be a Christian' in the hope this will absolve you of being critical of a fellow Christian.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 06:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    JWs are critical of everyone who is not JW. I have noticed that they are incapable of being critical of fellow JWs. I can't say that that is a good thing.

I also notice that you are being critical of Divegeester (a Christian) and to try and get away with your criticism have labelled him 'claims to be a Christian' in the hope this will absolve you of being critical of a fellow Christian.
    It'd be interesting to see if robbie carrobie or roigam or galveston75 are willing to refer to non-JW Christians with the word "Christian" without any adjective attached or without placing it in a qualifying phrase or sentence.

I once asked robbie if he felt any solidarity with the millions of Christians marking the death and resurrection of Jesus here in Indonesia, and he said no and said that he felt no solidarity whatsoever with them (my paraphrasing, he can correct me if I have misrepresented him).
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 09:002 edits
    The "Christian" or pseudo-religious ideas I see propagated on these board and which I am critical of include, but are not exclusively:

- A God who loves the world so much that he would burn those who do not love him back, in an incinerator, supernaturally keeping them alive for eternity, while he stands with his angels spectating the flesh melting genocidal carnage.

- Permitting someone to die as a sacrifice to a God who demands that people should not be given a particular life-saving medical treatment.

- Belonging to an earthly temporal man-made religious organisation is a fundamental primary requirement for access to whatever form of salvation, redemption or other afterlife reward, their version of God has set out.

I could go on but I won't.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 09:021 edit
    I learn about the attitudes and beliefs of Jehovah's Witneses from Robbie carrobie and Galveston75; I learn virtual nothing from you because you say virtually nothing, avoid direct questions about your beleifs and your posts and frequently duck out of conversations altogether.
  11. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 10:27

If you ...[text shortened]... of those that have actual Biblically based views, right alongside your unbelieving counterparts.
    Get thee behind me, Satan
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 03:311 edit
    I learn about the attitudes and beliefs of Jehovah's Witneses from Robbie carrobie and Galveston75; I learn virtual nothing from you because you say virtually nothing, avoid direct questions about your beleifs and your posts and frequently duck out of conversations altogether.
    Such vitriol from one who claims to be a Christian!
    Maybe a good antacid would help.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 03:48
    The "Christian" or pseudo-religious ideas I see propagated on these board and which I am critical of include, but are not exclusively:

- A God who loves the world so much that he would burn those who do not love him back, in an incinerator, supernaturally keeping them alive for eternity, while he stands with his angels spectating the flesh melting gen ...[text shortened]... tion or other afterlife reward, their version of God has set out.

I could go on but I won't.
    I agree completely with you on your point about burning in hell.
    You are right about God not wanting to burn people in hell.
    The god of this system of things would enjoy that.
    He's been torturing people with the "idea" of burning for centuries.

The Bible says:
    (Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
    It also says:
    (1 John 4:8) Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.
    A God of love would not torture people for aeons for a few sins committed in a short lifetime.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 05:22
    This happens a lot here but I'm going to pick one example to make a point. Recently in another forum where there was a heated exchange occurring, a Christian poster used James 4:4 to, I presume, call me spiritually adulterous and an enemy of God. I say presume, because the poster (jospehw) refused to clarify what he meant, despite repeated requests to do ...[text shortened]... le you don't like on the Internet.

What people's thoughts are on using the Bible in this way?
    Let's see, someone once told you what passive-aggressive meant and so now you pull it out whenever someone doesn't agree with you, is that right?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 05:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Let's see, someone once told you what passive-aggressive meant and so now you pull it out whenever someone doesn't agree with you, is that right?
    An absolute text book example of forum passive aggression can be seen in josephw's behaviour here on Thread 167360 pages 13-15.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree