Using the Bible to insult people

Using the Bible to insult people

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by lemon lime
You two clowns still don't get it. It's not just about one so called "harmless quip". It's about the constant harassment and abuse in which you both habitually indulge yourselves.
divegeester's posting history here makes him "an enemy of God"? Surely you are joking.

F

Moves
19 Feb 16

I think you're working too hard at trying to connect the dots... or not working hard enough.
You're dodging the question. josephw is dodging the question. Suzianne is dodging the question. robbie carrobie is dodging the question. Why are you all being so furtive?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
divegeester's posting history here makes him "an enemy of God"? Surely you are joking.
Has the breeze stopped blowing through the windmills of your mind?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
You're dodging the question. josephw is dodging the question. Suzianne is dodging the question. robbie carrobie is dodging the question. Why are you all being so furtive?
You're dodging the answers. Why are you being so evasive?

F

Moves
19 Feb 16

Not one of you will say whether citing James 4:4 means any of you actually think that divegeester has made himself into "an enemy of God". I cannot be "dodging the answers" when no one seems able to answer the point blank question.

Have you entered into any forum banter with non-Christians? Yes. Have you criticized another Christian publicly over doctrine? Yes. So does James 4:4 apply to you?

This use of the Bible to score forum points seems so tawdry.

F

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by vistesd
Using the Bible—and other religious texts—to insult people seems to be a time-honored religious activity. What it has to do with love (agape) escapes me.
Not only does hiding behind Bible verses seem mean-spirited, but also rather vain and brittle. See how none of them have the courage to say something unequivocal about what is - let's face it - as mean a thing as one Christian can say about another Christian's relationship with God.

F

Moves
19 Feb 16

Has the breeze stopped blowing through the windmills of your mind?
FMF: Does quoting James 4:4 mean you think divegeester is "an enemy of God".

The "answers" ...

I think the meaning is fairly self-explanatory.

Don't ask Joseph to be your Sunday school teacher.

As far as what I meant by referencing James 4:4 I'll leave that to divegeester to figure out.

The meaning is as plain as the nose on your face.

You know it's true, so quit with the obfuscation.

It should be self-explanatory to divegeester.

Perhaps your understanding of the verse has lapsed.

I'm not obliged to explain anything to you.

It means what it says.

Why don't you tell me what you think it means?

FMF: Just say how you think a verse about someone being "an enemy of God" applies to divegeester.

Hey, you said it. I didn't. I haven't said anything I feel I need to acquit myself of.

Sorry FMF that you don't understand what James 4:4 means.

Study up on it and reread the post by divegeester and my reply to it.

Another alternative might be for you to PM divegeester and ask him.

It's not for lack of courage that I don't dig in and explain what I meant. It's because it's just too sophomoric.

You and everyone else knows exactly what I meant and why.

FMF: Do you believe that divegeester is "an enemy of God"? Do you think josephw believes he is?

Do you enjoy driving wedges between people? How inadequate do you have to feel, to feel better by doing that?

I didn't ask joseph that because I'm not the kind of monster you are. I don't raise questions I don't believe in...

Maybe, just maybe, reading the passage in question (namely, James 4:1-4:6) might illuminate your brain a bit more.

you turn molehills into mountains.

The meaning of James 4:4 is clear and unequivocal.

Joseph has explained what he meant

I think you're working too hard at trying to connect the dots... or not working hard enough.

You two clowns still don't get it.

What a peculiar use to put the Bible to!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Not one of you will say whether citing James 4:4 means any of you actually think that divegeester has made himself into "an enemy of God". I cannot be "dodging the answers" when no one seems able to answer the point blank question.

Have you entered into any forum banter with non-Christians? Yes. Have you criticized another Christian publicly over doctrine? Ye ...[text shortened]... So does James 4:4 apply to you?

This use of the Bible to score forum points seems so tawdry.
Just read the entire passage. James 4:1-4:6.

Once you understand it, come in here and you tell us what it means.

Think you can do that? Or is sitting back and judging all you can do?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Not only does hiding behind Bible verses seem mean-spirited, but also rather vain and brittle. See how none of them have the courage to say something unequivocal about what is - let's face it - as mean a thing as one Christian can say about another Christian's relationship with God.
Your opinion noted. And rejected.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
FMF: [b]Does quoting James 4:4 mean you think divegeester is "an enemy of God".

The "answers" ...

I think the meaning is fairly self-explanatory.

Don't ask Joseph to be your Sunday school teacher.

As far as what I meant by referencing James 4:4 I'll leave that to divegeester to figure out.

The meaning is as plain as the nose on your fac ...[text shortened]... ng the answers. Why are you being so evasive?

What a peculiar use to put the Bible to![/b]
And thus we get to the basis of why you asked the question. So you can sneer.

You really seem to hold yourself above others. You reinforce this concept with nearly every post you make.

No wonder people don't care too much what you think.

F

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Just read the entire passage. James 4:1-4:6.

Once you understand it, come in here and you tell us what it means.

Think you can do that? Or is sitting back and judging all you can do?
This is a dodge.

josephw cited it, not me. What he is saying to divegeester is the issue.

When one bears in mind what we are talking about here ~ and how you, josephw, lemon lime and robbie have behaved over it ~ it's kind of ironic that you'd try to use the notion that I am "sitting back and judging" to deflect.

Do you personally think divegeester has made himself into "an enemy of God"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
So you have no opinion on the OP but thought you'd sling some mud anyway, is that it.
Not at all. I keep hoping you'll educate yourself before the next time you embarrass yourself with some narcissistic whining. And I am kept waiting.

F

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
And thus we get to the basis of why you asked the question. So you can sneer.

You really seem to hold yourself above others. You reinforce this concept with nearly every post you make.

No wonder people don't care too much what you think.
This deflection/ad hominem of yours is in reply to nothing other than your [others] dodging "answers" quoted verbatim.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
This is a dodge.

josephw cited it, not me. What he is saying to divegeester is the issue.

When one bears in mind what we are talking about here ~ and how you, josephw, lemon lime and robbie have behaved over it ~ it's kind of ironic that you'd try to use the notion that I am "sitting back and judging" to deflect.

Do you personally think divegeester has made himself into "an enemy of God"?
Stop it. Just stop it. You are clearly trying to garner some form of currency off this question, but you keep throwing more behind it and you're never going to get your investment back.

READ THE PASSAGE. Try, just try, to glean some meaning from it.

But you'd rather judge. No surprise, we all understand your narcissism. Try putting that aside for one minute to actually glean some understanding.

I don't think you can do it, or you'd have done it by now.

But you'd just rather bitch and moan.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
This deflection/ad hominem of yours is in reply to nothing other than your [others] dodging "answers" quoted verbatim.
No. I'm done. You aren't interested in answers. You're only interested in "scoring points".

I'm not playing your juvenile game.