1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 12:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe he's right. It's his opinion.
    Do you think divegeester is "an enemy of God"?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 12:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Interesting POV, thanks.
    There are, and I could cite many of them, loads of scriptures about brotherly love, honesty, integrity and importantly, the principles of admonishment of one another. I won't cite them, even if many of them are appropriate, because "mud-slinging" biblical verses in order to score cheap points on a forum thread about secular iss ...[text shortened]... don't need them to). But that dynamic is part of what I find so interesting about these boards.
    Oh, the irony.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 12:451 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why don't you comment on the topic?
    Do you even know what the topic is?

All you seem to be concerned about is that some poster had the unmitigated gall to disagree with you.

Quick, erect the gallows! This slight shall not stand!

You keep saying that he says that you are an "enemy of God". Does this mean that you think you are, indeed, lusting after "the friendship of the world"? Maybe, just maybe, reading the passage in question (namely, James 4:1-4:6) might illuminate your brain a bit more. I suspect that even if it only gets you to stop one second and think about it, that's all the motivation joseph can hope for you.

Again, like usual, you turn molehills into mountains.

All because someone dared to disagree with you. Get a rope!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 13:00
    All you seem to be concerned about is that some poster had the unmitigated gall to disagree with you.
    I think divegeester is interested in why jospehw cited James 4:4.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 13:01
    Again, like usual, you turn molehills into mountains.
    Do you think James 4:4 is a Bible verse dealing with a "molehill". metaphorically speaking?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 19:051 edit
    Do you even know what the topic is?

Quick, erect the gallows! This slight shall not stand!

You keep saying that he says that you are an "enemy of God". Does this mean that you think you are, indeed, lusting after "the friend molehills into mountains.

All because someone dared to disagree with you. Get a rope!
    I'll take that as being you don't care about the topic and would rather harass me, or your other detractors instead.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 20:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think divegeester is interested in why jospehw cited James 4:4.
    Interested?

More like he's upset over someone calling him out over his siding with critics of Christians and Christian doctrine. The meaning of James 4:4 is clear and unequivocal... if dive is unable (or unwilling) to discern its meaning that's his problem, not ours.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 20:342 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    You parrot the views of those self proclaimed detractors of God's Word, especially when engaging with those who believe in what the Bible says.

In the thread titled "Why Americans are fat and loud" you joined in with atheist to "insult" another Christian, which is why I made the statement, "you make strange bedfellows" and referenced James 4:4.

If you ...[text shortened]... of those that have actual Biblically based views, right alongside your unbelieving counterparts.
    telling it like it is,

He opposed and sided against me because I stated the Bibles viewpoint on homosexuality. He was forced to publicly acknowledge the Bibles viewpoint and eat his own words.

I am glad he is being outed for his watery version of Christianity and for hypocritically sidling against those who espouse Christian values simply because he has a personal vendetta against them and their beliefs. As far as I am concerned his is a religious bigot.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 22:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    telling it like it is,

He opposed and sided against me because I stated the Bibles viewpoint on homosexuality. He was forced to publicly acknowledge the Bibles viewpoint and eat his own words.

I am glad he is being outed for his watery version of Christianity and for hypocritically sidling against those who espouse Christian values simply bec ...[text shortened]... nal vendetta against them and their beliefs. As far as I am concerned his is a religious bigot.
    So are you saying you think divegeester is "an enemy of God"?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 22:36
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    The meaning of James 4:4 is clear and unequivocal... if dive is unable (or unwilling) to discern its meaning that's his problem, not ours.
    So do you think josephw is right to condemn divegeester as "an enemy of God"?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 22:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    So are you saying you think divegeester is "an enemy of God"?
    Please go away you dullard!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 23:13
    Please go away you dullard!
    We are talking about jospehw's citing of James 4:4. Do you think it is justified to use it against divegeester. Now, your personal animosity towards divegeester is not a secret, but is it an appropriate use of the Bible to try to insult a fellow Christian poster in the way that josephw did?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    We are talking about jospehw's citing of James 4:4. Do you think it is justified to use it against divegeester. Now, your personal animosity towards divegeester is not a secret, but is it an appropriate use of the Bible to try to insult a fellow Christian poster in the way that josephw did?
    Joseph has explained what he meant and it bears no resemblance to your plastic and transparent loaded question.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '16 00:01
    Joseph has explained what he meant and it bears no resemblance to your plastic and transparent loaded question.
    So, if josephw has explained what he meant, do you think he is right to condemn divegeester as "an enemy of God"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '16 00:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think this thread was started by you simply to continue the pattern you've established in this site of slandering and impugning the character and beliefs of those that have actual Biblically based views, right alongside your unbelieving counterparts.
    Forgive me for saying so, but you seem to me to be "slandering and impugning the character and beliefs" of divegeester. Do you want people here to accept you at your word when you describe yourself as a Christian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree