1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 12:24
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    The truth is, if atheists would stop trolling Christians online and blaspheming, disrespecting and misrepresenting Jesus Christ, I probably wouldn’t discuss Christianity online at all.

Let me get this. So you post about Christianity online because you care about what atheists say...

and...

Your opinion of me doesn’t mean anything to me - like most atheists I’ve encountered online, you incorrectly assume I’m proselytizing and trying to convert you.

...you don't care what atheists say.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 12:25
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I know what I know about your assertion ~ that "God’s Holy Spirit" makes you more "conscientious and compassionate" and "patient" with your own mother ~ from what you have claimed about it here in posts on this forum.
    That’s why I said “next to nothing” and not “nothing.”
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 12:27
    That’s why I said “next to nothing” and not “nothing.”
    How can you speak so narcissistically ~ and so often ~ and so much ~ about the supernatural dimension of caring for your mother ~ and yet say “next to nothing”?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 12:42
    [b]The truth is, if atheists would stop trolling Christians online and blaspheming, disrespecting and misrepresenting Jesus Christ, I probably wouldn’t discuss Christianity online at all.

Let me get this. So you post about Christianity online because you care about what atheists say...

and...

Your opinion of me doesn’t mean anything to me - like ...[text shortened]... assume I’m proselytizing and trying to convert you.

...you don't care what atheists say.[/b]
    You’re trying to make a contradiction where there is none.

Jesus Christ certainly doesn’t need me to defend Him, but statements that blaspheme, disrespect or misrepresent Him, regardless of who they come from, offend me and I often feel compelled to respond.

On your second point, where do you get I don’t care what atheists say? Because your opinion of me doesn’t mean anything to me? Do you represent all atheists? Is your opinion of me the only thing you’re capable of talking about? Is attacking Christianity the only thing atheists in general are capable of talking about?

What you wrote makes no sense, even to Karoly.

Do yourself a favor - don’t go the route of sophisticated trolling if you can’t handle it. Better to fall back on Ghost’s favorite weapon - the blunt force false accusation - and your favorite weapon: endlessly asking the same questions over and over when they’ve already been answered, and falsely claiming to have answered difficult questions when you haven’t.

Now’s not the time to reinvent the trolling wheel. Stick with what you know.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 12:48
    How can you speak so narcissistically ~ and so often ~ and so much ~ about the supernatural dimension of caring for your mother ~ and yet say “next to nothing”?
    I haven’t; you have. All I’ve done is (foolishly) take the time to respond to your posts. Why you’re obsessed with my mother is beyond me, but why you created fake female accounts on here is also beyond me.

I’d love to read your apology for having done that. What thread did you write it in? And why did you pretend to be a woman? If you needed to create fake accounts so someone would agree with you, why not create fake male accounts?

Or are you really a female pretending to be a male?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 13:35
    I haven’t; you have. All I’ve done is (foolishly) take the time to respond to your posts. Why you’re obsessed with my mother is beyond me, but why you created fake female accounts on here is also beyond me.
    Apart from giving money to charity, looking after your own mother was the only example of your Christian 'good works' that you gave.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 15:123 edits
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I am sorry that you feel that way .But that is some kind of unfair element of pride, my friend, to think that you are better than the flawed followers of Christ...

But, MORE IMPORTANTLY, take a look at how Islam performs in the Middle East and how Buddhism performs in Myanmar and Sri Lanka and Thailand and, even here, in South Korea.

The second t ...[text shortened]... t actually end up liberating you from the problem that you find among the Christians around you.
    From what I can tell, it is the beliefs and actions of the right-wing Christians in the USA that are driving him away. Beliefs and actions that are antithetical to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. It is the utter and blatant hypocrisy of this that is driving him away

The reality is that Christianity has drifted very far away from Jesus' gospel and is drifting further away with the passage of time. There are alternatives which much better reflect the gospel preached by Jesus than what Christianity has become. To attribute this to "pride" is nonsense.

I suggested four such alternatives in an earlier post.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 15:24
    Apart from giving money to charity, looking after your own mother was the only example of your Christian 'good works' that you gave.
    I saw no reason to give a comprehensive list, and in hindsight, I regret saying the limited info I did since the request for it was only to gather ammunition for trolling purposes.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 15:27
    Are you planning to address why you created fake female accounts on here? If you don’t want to rehash it, just pm me what thread you wrote your apology in. I promise not to share it with the other candidates for Head Troll.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 15:43
    Are you planning to address why you created fake female accounts on here? If you don’t want to rehash it, just pm me what thread you wrote your apology in. I promise not to share it with the other candidates for Head Troll.
    Why focus so intently on this (which happened years ago) and ignore completely the recent 'becker incident' where he publicly apologized for deliberately misleading people with his second account?!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 17:04
    I saw no reason to give a comprehensive list, and in hindsight, I regret saying the limited info I did since the request for it was only to gather ammunition for trolling purposes.
    It's odd that this idea of a supernaturally influenced 'good work' was the first one to pop into your head.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 23:35
    Stop playing dumb
    "huh? " means I dont get you . Not playing
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 23:36
    What are you doing, running a stealth candidacy? Stop pretending. We all know FMF, the dive character and you filed papers. It’s been in the news!
    I dont watch the news
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 23:39
    You know next to nothing about me, and, if this is how you form conclusions, it’s no wonder your claim to have examined the evidence for Christianity rings so hollow.

Your opinion of me doesn’t mean anything to me - like most atheists I’ve encountered online, you incorrectly assume I’m proselytizing and trying to convert you. The truth is, if atheists ...[text shortened]... raising letters going. Karoly may be a longshot, but he’s unpredictable and therefore dangerous.
    But soft on the inside

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree