was jesus gay?

was jesus gay?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
17 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
lol. But not so much a temple that alcohol isn't permitted.

JW seems to be very much a "pick and choose" organization despite all the blustering about following scripture.

From what I can tell, they also allow overweight people, i.e., gluttons and judging by the posters on this forum the also allow the prideful. So they ostracize those who are "pra because "it's a sin", but allow other sins to be practiced.

Can you spell hypocrites?
perhaps you would like to show where alcohol is condemned in the Bible? for i know of three references stating that its use in moderation is legitimate, in fact, Christ himself turned water into wine, you empty and hollow imbecile!

T

Moves
17 Jan 10
4 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
perhaps you would like to show where alcohol is condemned in the Bible? for i know of three references stating that its use in moderation is legitimate, in fact, Christ himself turned water into wine, you empty and hollow imbecile!
Didn't say it was, but the "reasoning" for not allowing smoking should also not allow alcohol since it also certainly "defiles the flesh". Evidently caffeine is allowed as well as alcohol even though both are addictive.

RC:"...you empty and hollow imbecile!"
Seems like pride rearing it's ugly head again.

There's also the hypocrisy of the following:
From what I can tell, they also allow overweight people, i.e., gluttons and judging by the posters on this forum the also allow the prideful. So they ostracize those who are "practicing" homosexuals, because "it's a sin", but allow other sins to be practiced.

rc

Moves
17 Jan 10
2 edits

Didn't say it was, but the "reasoning" for not allowing smoking should also not allow alcohol since it also certainly "defiles the flesh".

There's also the hypocrisy of the following:
From what I can tell, they also allow overweight people, i.e., gluttons and judging by the posters on this forum the also allow the prideful. So they ostracize those who ...[text shortened]... "practicing" homosexuals, because "it's a sin", but allow other sins to be practiced.
that is your reasoning it is not ours, get it, that is simply your opinion. we have our understanding you have yours, get it, if we decide through an evaluation of scripture that we do not wish to take pollutants from tobacco into our bodies, what is that to you, that is correct none of your business. why did Christ change water into wine if he did not approve of its use, that is correct, you have no answer, your reasoning is just pure gay, therefore i suggest you take it to the gaydo and lesbo forum, they like bent and twisted things down there.

T

Moves
17 Jan 10
1 edit

that is your reasoning it is not ours, get it, that is simply your opinion. we have our understanding you have yours, get it, if we decide through an evaluation of scripture that we do not wish to take pollutants from tobacco into our bodies, what is that to you, that is correct none of your business. why did Christ change water into wine if he did ...[text shortened]... suggest you take it to the gaydo and lesbo forum, they like bent and twisted things down there.
Try rereading my post. It's the "reasoning" I find faulty.

There continues to be the hypocrisy of the following:
From what I can tell, they also allow overweight people, i.e., gluttons and judging by the posters on this forum the also allow the prideful. So they ostracize those who are "practicing" homosexuals, because "it's a sin", but allow other sins to be practiced.

They also seem to have no reservations about being bigots and using slurs such as "gaydo and lesbo" despite all the protests about "loving all people".

It's just one hypocrisy after another....

rc

Moves
17 Jan 10

There continues to be the hypocrisy of the following:

They also seem to have no reservations ...[text shortened]... l the protests about "loving all people".

It's just one hypocrisy after another....
get a life, if you want to judge fat people, why dont you stand outside and try to measure them, you could create a theocratic scale, this ones too fat, he is a glutton, this ones fits through the hool a hoop hes alright. Is that what fills your world, worrying about whether fat people are gluttons? is it? my goodness you need to get a life. you could perhaps have a set of scales, those on the left under a certain weight inherit everlasting life, those fatties over there, eternal destruction. what a numpty you are thinkofone, go and find something else to occupy your mind! i am.

T

Moves
17 Jan 10

get a life, if you want to judge fat people, why dont you stand outside and try to measure them, you could create a theocratic scale, this ones too fat, he is a glutton, this ones fits through the hool a hoop hes alright. Is that what fills your world, worrying about whether fat people are gluttons? is it? my goodness you need to get a life. you ...[text shortened]... uction. what a numpty you are thinkofone, go and find something else to occupy your mind! i am.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your bigotry and hatred towards homosexuals.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
17 Jan 10

Didn't say it was, but the "reasoning" for not allowing smoking should also not allow alcohol since it also certainly "defiles the flesh". Evidently caffeine is allowed as well as alcohol even though both are addictive.

RC:"...you empty and hollow imbecile!"
Seems like pride rearing it's ugly head again.

There's also the hypocrisy of the following: ...[text shortened]... acticing" homosexuals, because "it's a sin", but allow other sins to be practiced.
------ToOne-----------------------------------

Your wish to grind your axe gets in the way of your thinking yet again. There's a big difference between alcohol and smoking.

One cigarette is always harmful whereas small amounts of alcohol (eg red wine and beer) is not. Infact it has been argued that small amounts of certain alcoholic drinks can be said to be beneficial. Interestingly , a top athelete might have an occasional tipple but you would never normally catch them with a cigarette.

Any Christian who was drinking to excess could be said to be "defiling the flesh" , but just because we aren't all alcohol free doesn't mean that much. Obviously it means a lot to you because you can make something out of it to suit your agenda.

It's basic pedantic axe grinding. Grind away ToOne.........

rc

Moves
17 Jan 10

Originally posted by knightmeister
------ToOne-----------------------------------

Your wish to grind your axe gets in the way of your thinking yet again. There's a ...[text shortened]... to suit your agenda.

It's basic pedantic axe grinding. Grind away ToOne.........
oh you try to reason with him, i admire you my friend, i really wish you well, you are a better and more patient man than I!

rc

Moves
17 Jan 10

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your bigotry and hatred towards homosexuals.
yeah yeah, fatties on the left - eternal destruction, skinnies on the right - eternal life - Haha, what a turnip!

T

Moves
18 Jan 10

yeah yeah, fatties on the left - eternal destruction, skinnies on the right - eternal life - Haha, what a turnip!
Your blatant hatred of homosexuals makes you blind to your hypocrisy.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jan 10

wrong, i have my own conscience which differs from others and is based an an evaluation and appreciation of biblical principles. that unlike others means that i need to use discernment, that takes knowledge, knowledge takes research, research takes effort. You dont know anything about it and i would be pleased if you would remember that.
One last question Rob and then i'll be done.

Do you hold any beliefs or scriptural interpretations that differ from what is set out by the Governing Body?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
18 Jan 10

Your blatant hatred of homosexuals makes you blind to your hypocrisy.
"Your blatant hatred of homosexuals makes you blind to your hypocrisy"

----------ToOne----------

Take out the word "homosexuals" and then insert the word "Christians" and then take a look in the mirror.

It seems you are the only one who can't see your own hypocrisy.

T

Moves
18 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by knightmeister
"Your blatant hatred of homosexuals makes you blind to your hypocrisy"

----------ToOne----------

Take out the word "homosexuals" and then insert the word "Christians" and then take a look in the mirror.

It seems you are the only one who can't see your own hypocrisy.
And the stalking continues....

You're a real nutter. Should anyone have any doubt, all they need do is look at your posting history and see how many posts you make about me and that are the same spam directed at me over and over.

rc

Moves
18 Jan 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
One last question Rob and then i'll be done.

Do you hold any beliefs or scriptural interpretations that differ from what is set out by the Governing Body?
i do not know the governing body personally, i cannot say, i have never met them individually. i hold different conscience on different matters from fellow Jehovahs witnesses though, but these are in conscience related matters, for not everything is black and white, there are very often shades of grey. Moreover, the scriptures recommend that we should train our perceptive powers, please not this word comes from the greek, for gymnast and his training routine,

(Hebrews 5:14) . . .But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.

thus we are encouraged to think for ourselves on scriptural matters, for each must exercise their own conscience. saying that we are generally united in worship, for the basic doctrines are accepted by one and all, as is the standard of conduct.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
18 Jan 10

oh you try to reason with him, i admire you my friend, i really wish you well, you are a better and more patient man than I!
Ha! The more logical I get and the more reasoning I try - the more he calls me a nutter and a stalker.....

Mind you , I'm not trying to reason with him really , just trying to help others see what he is really about. He just can't go out of his comfort zones and debate in a fair way. It's so obvious he's grinding an axe. It's so obvious he applies one rule to others but ignores the same rule for himself.

The silly thing is I agree with him that the church needs to sort it's head out regarding the issue of homosexuality. It's just I get the feeling that ToO would like us all lined up against a wall.