was jesus gay?

was jesus gay?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i do not think you can state that with any certainty, for example, you have an office worker who eats the same as a manual worker doing a physically demanding job, they may eat the same amount of and type of food, but because the manual worker shall expend more calories, he remains neat and trim, but the office worker puts on weight. now this cannot ...[text shortened]... f and type of food, yes it leads to being overweight, yes it is unhealthy, but its not gluttony.
I'm an office worker sit who sits on my backside all day and i eat the same amount of calories as Michael Phelps, he stays nice and trim while i put on loads of weight. Surely i'm not being gluttonous?

My point would be this, the office worker doesn't NEED to eat as much as the manual worker as he/she is not doing anything, the manual worker needs those calories beacuse he/she is using them up. If somebody is getting fat/overweight then they are simply consuming to many calories that they don't need.

rc

Moves
18 Jan 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'm an office worker sit who sits on my backside all day and i eat the same amount of calories as Michael Phelps, he stays nice and trim while i put on loads of weight. Surely i'm not being gluttonous?

My point would be this, the office worker doesn't NEED to eat as much as the manual worker as he/she is not doing anything, the manual worker ne ...[text shortened]... getting fat/overweight then they are simply consuming to many calories that they don't need.
yes, they need to eat less to reduce their weight, but they are not gluttonous are they? this is the point, c'mon Noobster ol son, spit it out, agree with Robbie, its not so hard.

Moves
18 Jan 10

yes, they need to eat less to reduce their weight, but they are not gluttonous are they? this is the point, c'mon Noobster ol son, spit it out, agree with Robbie, its not so hard.
But surely gluttony can be defined as eating more than you need?

rc

Moves
18 Jan 10
4 edits

Originally posted by Lord Shark
[b]yes, they need to eat less to reduce their weight, but they are not gluttonous are they? this is the point, c'mon Noobster ol son, spit it out, agree with Robbie, its not so hard.
But surely gluttony can be defined as eating more than you need?[/b]
therefore is five slices of chocolate gateau gluttonous if i go to the gym and work it off the next day? i have not consumed more than i needed to overall, or if i binge and then voluntarily invoke vomiting so that i remain at the same calorie intake as before i started my binge, its not really gluttony? i have not digested more than i needed to, perhaps even less?

Moves
18 Jan 10

therefore is five slices of chocolate gateau gluttonous if i go to the gym and work it off the next day? i have not consumed more than i needed to overall, or if i binge and then voluntarily invoke vomiting so that i remain at the same calorie intake as before i started my binge, its not really gluttony? i have not digested more than i needed to, perhaps even less?
Now you're just trying to get off on a technicality 🙂 If you regularly eat more than you need to the extent that you put on weight, we could define that as gluttonous. Let's leave the question of whether or not it is still gluttonous if one goes to the gym specifically to burn the calories, to the Jesuits eh?

rc

Moves
18 Jan 10
1 edit

Now you're just trying to get off on a technicality 🙂 If you regularly eat more than you need to the extent that you put on weight, we could define that as gluttonous. Let's leave the question of whether or not it is still gluttonous if one goes to the gym specifically to burn the calories, to the Jesuits eh?
it not a technicality any more than stating that you need to take in 2000 calories a day to file reports in an office and that if you exceed that regularly you are a glutton. how you define gluttony is up to you, i need not agree with it, nor do i, its a nonsense to state that everyone who is overweight is gluttonous because of the factors mentioned, lack of exercise, hereditary, eating disorders, blah de blah, Jesuits, now i have no idea what you are talking about?

Moves
18 Jan 10

it not a technicality any more than stating that you need to take in 2000 calories a day to file reports in an office and that if you exceed that regularly you are a glutton. how you define gluttony is up to you, i need not agree with it, nor do i, its a nonsense to state that everyone who is overweight is gluttonous because of the factors mentioned ...[text shortened]... editary, eating disorders, blah de blah, Jesuits, now i have no idea what you are talking about?
Well I think my definition of gluttony was reasonable, but of course you need not agree with it.

What's your definition by the way?

F

Moves
18 Jan 10

From Jesus was gay to Jesus was fat?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jan 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Evolution at work.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Jan 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
And of course the biggest question: Did Jesus wear a nose ring?

rc

Moves
18 Jan 10
1 edit

Well I think my definition of gluttony was reasonable, but of course you need not agree with it.

What's your definition by the way?
it seems to me to be a moral failing, i therefore define it as greed! and yes your definition was reasonable, but you must , well not must, but anyway, think that skinny people can also be guilty of gluttony, thus it seemed to me to be erroneous to try to establish a weight ratio type of quantitative based definition.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jan 10

Agree with what?!

If somebody is fat and overweight because they eat too many calories, they are eating too excess.

glut·ton·y (gltn-)
n. pl. glut·ton·ies
Excess in eating or drinking.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gluttony

I think they are therefore guttonous.

rc

Moves
18 Jan 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Agree with what?!

If somebody is fat and overweight because they eat too many calories, they are eating too excess.

glut·ton·y (gltn-)
n. pl. glut·ton·ies
Excess in eating or drinking.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gluttony

I think they are therefore guttonous.
can skinny people not also be gluttonous, then if so, your definition is pantaloons!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jan 10

it seems to me to be a moral failing, i therefore define it as greed!
Here are the dictionary defintions of the two.

greed

: a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed

gluttony

1 : excess in eating or drinking
2 : greedy or excessive indulgence

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jan 10

can skinny people not also be gluttonous, then if so, your definition is pantaloons!
An excess would indicate more than somebody would need.

If you eat more than you need then you become fat and overweight!!!!