1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '17 19:081 edit
    Another weak Christian was the Apostle Paul. He however gloried in his weakness because he said that when he was weak he was strong.

When realizing his weakness it allowed the power of the grace of Christ to overshadow him, and he was enabled and made strong in the Lord.

No? Sure. Read it here:

" Concerning this [thorn of affliction] I entreated the Lord three times that it might depart from me.

And He has said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.

Most gladly therefore I will rather boast in my weakness that the power of Christ might tabernacle over me.

Therefore I am well pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in necessities, in persecutions and distresses, on behalf of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am powerful." (2 Cor. 12:8-10)

This counter intuitive notion caused Paul to pioneer in the experience of the indwelling Spirit of Christ. When he is weak THEN he is strong in the power supplying grace of the Lord Jesus.

He learned to take Christ as everything he needed. And in this Christ lived a blended and incorporated life with His servant.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 May '17 19:25
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Do you agree with these words that Christ spoke?

"For each tree is known by its own fruit. Indeed, people do not gather figs from thornbushes, or grapes from brambles. The good man brings good things out of the good treasure of his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil treasure of his heart. [b]For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks.
    "[/b]
    A man of integrity posts the reference and version. I always do that. Please do the same if you want to discuss anything with me, thanks.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '17 19:26
    Originally posted by sonship
    Another weak Christian was the Apostle Paul. He however gloried in his weakness because he said that when he was weak he was strong.

When realizing his weakness it allowed the power of the grace of Christ to overshadow him, and he was enabled and made strong in the Lord.

No? Sure. Read it here:

[quote] [b] " Concerning this
    [thorn of afflict ...[text shortened]... everything he needed. And in this Christ lived a blended and incorporated life with His servant.[/b]
    I understand your point, but did the Apostle Paul make efforts to change once he realized his weakness? Or was he satisfied to be weak til the end?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 May '17 19:432 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    A man of integrity posts the reference and version. I always do that. Please do the same if you want to discuss anything with me, thanks.
    Apologies I assumed you know your Bible. Luke 6:44-45.

You can read it in every version you want:

http://biblehub.com/luke/6-45.htm
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '17 19:57
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I understand your point, but did the Apostle Paul make efforts to change once he realized his weakness? Or was he satisfied to be weak til the end?
    Good question.

Paul was quite STRONG in himself before he believed in Christ.
    He had a STRONG mind, a STRONG will, and a STRONG emotion.
    Probably he was a person totally capable and motivated in his natural constitution.

Once he became a disciple of Jesus he quickly realized that that OLD way of living was of no use to Christ. It is in this way he learned to TAKE Christ as each and every strength he needed.

The change was denying what HE was naturally and instead leaning on what Jesus Christ is . And his companions in ministry learned this also. So he writes that they had no sufficiency in themselves, The Lord Jesus was all there sufficiency.

" And such confidence we have through Christ toward God.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to account anything as from ourselves; but our sufficiency is from God,

Who has also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, ministers not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." (2 Cor. 3:4-6)

The New Testament ministers minister the Person of Christ Who is the Spirit.
    For this the fallen man with his fallen energies and talent are of no use.
    God must wrought Christ INTO the fabric of their beings so that they live Christ and minister Christ.

Here again, Paul and his co-workers have no confidence in themselves. But their boast is in what Jesus Christ IS within them.

"For we are the circumcision, the ones who serve by the Spirit of God and boast in Christ Jesus and HAVE NO CONFIDENCE in the flesh." (Phil. 3:3)
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 May '17 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Apologies I assumed you know your Bible. Luke 6:44-45.

You can read it in every version you want:

http://biblehub.com/luke/6-45.htm
    If you know your bible you should quote in this way:

For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. (Luke 6:44-45 KJV)

It shows the passage and the version.

Jesus is saying good people produce good things while evil people produce evil things.

There is nothing about believing in God but all about good works and righteousness.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '17 20:461 edit
    In the Gospel of John , curiously the word repent or repentance is never seen.

I do not say that repentance or to repent therefore is not important in the New Testament. But I do say it is significant that the Holy Spirit seems to reserve one book at least which focuses much on being saved, leaves out of its pages the word repent.

It is significant that at least in one major Gospel - John BELIEVING is stressed again and again.

I believe John's Gospel is also the inspired oracles of God.
    What it does NOT say is important also.

In Matthew you do have repentance. And we should give heed to it.
    In John the Holy Spirit seems to emphasize believing in the forefront.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 May '17 21:081 edit
    If you know your bible you should quote in this way:

[i]For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of ...[text shortened]... things.

There is nothing about believing in God but all about good works and righteousness.
    Did you just ignore this part? "...for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."

So if the fool says in his heart there is no God, will his mouth not speak it?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 May '17 03:25
    Knowing what's true is actually a good place to start.

"Go, and sin NO more".

What do you think Jesus meant by this? It has been debated here before, I realize, but it is worth asking once again. More than once, Jesus seems to be implying that to follow Him involves serious, life changing discipline.
    It does, but all of us fall short.

God knows our heart and he is a just judge.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '17 03:581 edit
    And thats not all. A professed Christian can be barred from entering the Kingdom of God... same reason. Its not talk that counts but action.

Jesus said it is he who DOES the will of God will enter the Kingdom of God.

Your point about Dive is along the same lines. Professed Christians, professed atheists, professed weaklings, professed strongmen .. whatever, means nothing to God.
    The more we feel the need to "profess", the more weakness it shows.
    You should be able to stand on your own feet without having to pay mere lip service
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '17 03:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think the problem here is your seizing on the humility of a Christian and making that out to be a failing, rather than a strength. Do you honestly prefer the bravado of a few Christians here who think they have all the answers and puff out their chests?
    Spot on!
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '17 04:173 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You should be able to stand on your own feet without having to pay mere lip service

This is foolish. It is similar to telling your spouse that you only are going to say " I love you " once the day you get married.

How about even after many years you still delight to tell your spouse - "Honey, I love you." ?

i intend to speak the divine facts often until either I die or I meet the Lord Jesus while living. I intend to exercise my faith in SPEAKING my consecration to Christ every day until the end of my race.

" They overcame him [the accusing devil] ... by the word of their testimony ..." (See Revelation 12:11)

??
    few Christians here who think they have all the answers and puff out their chests?
    - Ghost

Oh yes. Having some answers is not having ALL the answers.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '17 04:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Spot on!
    Did you read my response to Ghost? Probably not.

You are spot off!!
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '17 04:23
    Originally posted by sonship

This is foolish. It is similar to telling your spouse that you only are going to say [b] " I love you "
    once the day you get married.

How about even after many years you still ...[text shortened]... Revelation 12:11) [/b] [/quote]

Oh yes. Having some answers is not having ALL the answers.[/b]
    Yes it's similar to saying "I love you" definatly !

I would say that to a sweet heart now and then , but I wold not repeat it like a madman.
    And yes, you guys do sound mad when you go on affirming until yo are blue in the face.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '17 04:25
    Did you read my response to Ghost? Probably not.

You are spot off!!
    Yes I did read your response.

Would you kindly stop accusing me of not having read your posts. That's 2 posts in a row you have done this.

now sonship on the other hand is a different story.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree