1. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 10:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    twhitehead, your comments continue to be focused on me and my motives with instructions, thread response assessments and conclusions. What comments would you be inclined to make with respect to "Weapons of Negative Volition"?
    I cannot make any comment until you explain what it means. I have prompted you several times on this point and you have even thanked me, but apparently remain oblivious to what I said.
    Please explain in simple English what 'Weapons of Negative Volition' means and what your OP is about.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The criticism was on topic.
    Grampy Bobby's little bag of passive aggressive rhetorical tricks is well and truly on show.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I see clearly the bible god as 100% man made."

100%? You see clearly 100%? You must be God old boy! No one "sees" anything 100%. No human being anyway.

Seriously sonhouse, why do you continue to bark up this same old tree. If you're so cocksure the God of the Bible is man made, why do you waste your time arguing with Christians about it?

I'l ...[text shortened]... isn't real as I am that He is. You know I'm telling you the truth don't you?

100% my as. 😉[/b]
    So you continue to denigrate the abilities of humans who are quite capable of writing every word in the bible with no help needed from a deity.

Did you not read my point about the UFO crowd who said since people are so stupid, they couldn't possibly have built the pyramids without help?

Do you seriously think some assswipe alien came down with nothing better to do than help ancient Egyptians built pyramids for dubious purposes? The pyramids are devoted to one person and one person only, can't think of any reason, even assuming there ARE aliens who can come down to Earth, why they would even IMAGINE themselves wanting to help in such a dubious project.

The same with the bible. People were not stupid back in ancient days. You deny them the creativity they had, in all kinds of wisdom laden books from early Indian culture to Chinese ancients, you don't count THEM as having been directly influenced by individual input from a deity.

So if THEY didn't have deititous help, why do you think the early Christians would be any better?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Oct '14 06:17
    So before I can debate you (Grampy Bobby) I have to do your research for you; and when I've done that you'd rather I commented about those specific examples that you lack the courage to address; and instead you would rather sit at a safe distance and pontificate upon these through a sort of veil of feigned humility and public service...?

No thanks.
    Well said and worth repeating.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 04:52
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    It is untrue that your OP does not contain declarative statements. You OP consists of rhetorical question, which are declarative statements in question format. Questions are posed to get answers, while rhetorical question are posed to make points and generate discussion, which you admit was your intention when you say your purpose was to "stimulate discussion" ...[text shortened]... if you will use your volition negatively by continuing to refuse to defend/debate those statements.
    "Boredom is the main cause... " Thread 161422

"2: Being hypocritical, especially for a fault that the critic then displays themselves. A simple tactic, often this is pedantic criticism of grammar, spelling or punctuation in a post which itself contains proof-reading errors to provoke exasperated responses from others..."

Pat, however poorly written or impregnated with stylistic marks of incorrectness by your standards, the Original Post:

Weapons of Negative Volition?

Ever notice how negative volition tends to detest biblical simplicity and dismiss it as superficiality? Why does it complicate discussion of life and death issues? Is there more room for self importance when discussions are out of focus or easier to appear smarter than you are when topics are confused? Are deflection and distortion, disruptive filtering through ideological lenses, misquotation and personal attack among its online forum weapons repertoire? Why doesn't it simply say: "On the basis of empiricism and/or rationalism, God doesn't exist. Faith in Christ? No. There's no such place as eternity"? Thoughts?"

... questions are intended as literal as if we were facing into a matter of life or death. Personal criticism is a weapon of "no".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 05:03
    ... questions are intended as literal as if we were facing into a matter of life or death. Personal criticism is a weapon of "no".
    Your concept of "Weapons of Negative Volition" seems to be nothing much except for some extremely thinly disguised personal criticism of people who have different beliefs from you and who air them in this public forum.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 05:10
    Ever notice how negative volition tends to detest biblical simplicity and dismiss it as superficiality? Why does it complicate discussion of life and death issues? Is there more room for self importance when discussions are out of focus or easier to appear smarter than you are when topics are confused? Are deflection and distortion, disruptive filtering through ideological lenses, misquotation and personal attack among its online forum weapons repertoire?

Look at the negative buzz words you are trying to attach to people who disagree with you ~ look at the words you have thrown onto the table... negative ... detest ... self importance ... out of focus ... appear smarter than you are ... confused ... deflection ... distortion ... disruptive ... ideological ... misquotation ... personal attack ... on line behaviours ... defensively ... offensively ... symptoms of emotionalism ... and so on.

Do any of these negative labels apply to you, Grampy Bobby?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 08:53
    [b]"Boredom is the main cause... " Thread 161422

"2: Being hypocritical, especially for a fault that the critic then displays themselves. A simple tactic, often this is pedantic criticism of grammar, spelling or punctuation in a post which itself contains proof-reading errors to provoke exasperated responses from others..."

Pat, ...[text shortened]... ral as if we were facing into a matter of life or death. Personal criticism is a weapon of "no".[/b]
    Is this you trying to say that you don't understand why people disagree with you but you are fed up with it?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 13:341 edit
    Is this you trying to say that you don't understand why people disagree with you but you are fed up with it?
    Forum: Spirituality

Thread: Weapons of Negative Volition?

"Why doesn't it [negative volition] simply say: "On the basis of empiricism and/or rationalism,
    God doesn't exist. Faith in Christ? No. There's no such place as eternity"? Thoughts?"

This Original Post simply asks why some people who reject the authority of the Word of God and His grace gift of salvation behave irrationally and emotionally whenever facing these issues, unlike blind skepticism and honest doubt which remain curious and objective. Whether people agree or disagree with me is inconsequential. God respects their volition; how can you or I or any other believer in Christ do less when a mentality of rejection and mindset of anger recoil from grace?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 14:20
    This Original Post simply asks why some people who reject the authority of the Word of God and His grace gift of salvation behave irrationally and emotionally whenever facing these issues, unlike blind skepticism and honest doubt which remain curious and objective. Whether people agree or disagree with me is inconsequential. God respects their vo ...[text shortened]... believer in Christ do less when a mentality of rejection and mindset of anger recoil from grace?
    Can you give an example please?.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 14:29
    Whether people agree or disagree with me is inconsequential.
    On the contrary. There's no reason to think you'd be lashing out at dissenters in this emotional way if their dissent was inconsequential to you.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 17:49
    Can you give an example please?.
    Examples of God's respect for human volition; of believers following suit or of mentalities of rejection and mindsets of anger?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 05:46
    Examples of God's respect for human volition; of believers following suit or of mentalities of rejection and mindsets of anger?
    It seems to me that you are trying to have a dig at certain posters behaviour here but lack the forthrightness to give specific examples.

You complain of your treatment in this forum; this thread typifies the passive agressive pontificating stance that irritates.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 10:151 edit
    It seems to me that you are trying to have a dig at certain posters behaviour here but lack the forthrightness to give specific examples.

You complain of your treatment in this forum; this thread typifies the passive agressive pontificating stance that irritates.
    You've misread the thread's intent and my grace orientation comfort zone with antagonism which I leave in God's hands. The inclining level of emotional immaturity evident in these public forums in recent years is sadly par for the course. Quite a high percentage of my threads and posts in this forum contain applications of the Word of God which cuts like a two edged sword. Some who've decided God doesn't exist and that His Word is a fiction transfer their displeasure on the messenger.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 10:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Weapons of Negative Volition?

Ever notice how negative volition tends to detest biblical simplicity and dismiss it as superficiality? Why does it complicate discussion of life and death issues? Is there more room for self importance when discussions are out of focus or easier to appear smarter than you are when topics are confused? Are deflection and distortion, disruptive filtering through ideological lenses, misquotation and personal attack among its online forum weapons repertoire? Why doesn't it simply say: "On the basis of empiricism and/or rationalism, God doesn't exist. Faith in Christ? No. There's no such place as eternity"? Thoughts?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree